Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
256 for me. Until it runs macOS I don't see a need to store a lot of data on the Vision Pro itself. I also have iCloud storage already so, there's just no point IMO.

Reactions: SirithX

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
256 for me. Until it runs macOS I don't see a need to store a lot of data on the Vision Pro itself. I also have iCloud storage already so, there's just no point IMO.

Same. I don't see the value of having more space, especially when there's no cable connection available for fast transfer either (except the dev strap which is neither a good or consumer-friendly solution). 256 is plenty for apps and eventually whenever Netflix, YouTube, etc. arrive, downloading videos for offline viewing.

Reactions: Dovahkiing

OnTheeRize

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2015
Bay Area
1TB because I dont want to have to deal with storage issues.
Instead of the apple case I got the extra storage. Bought a cheaper case on amazon instead.

Last edited:

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
Same. I don't see the value of having more space, especially when there's no cable connection available for fast transfer either (except the dev strap which is neither a good or consumer-friendly solution). 256 is plenty for apps and eventually whenever Netflix, YouTube, etc. arrive, downloading videos for offline viewing.
Exactly! The only way to even put files on it in the first place is to upload them to iCloud first!

The one big use-case for local storage I see is people that travel frequently to have a decent library of content to choose from. But for my 1-2 flights per year I'm fine to just plan ahead.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm actually glad I got the 512GB. While I haven't yet used 256GB, I could see it happening sooner than later given how large some of these 6K and 8K 3D 180º videos are turning out to be -- around 10GB for 25 minutes at higher bit rates. Crazy. Not to mention Apple or Disney+ 3D movies of which I've downloaded a few onto my AVP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.