Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I'm not really a fan of the beats sound/look

Interesting. I'm actually the opposite at this point.
I'm really tired of being part of the "white bud cult" out and about. It feels like we are all part of The Borg or something.

Apple really needs to get over the all white thing on AirPods and inject fun color and variety into the lineup.
People like to express themselves and their preferences.

My new BFP in sage grey are a refreshingly gorgeous look (IMO)

anth0ny

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Hehe, I'm on my first pair of AirPods so it's all new to me, but I take your point. Well I'll have 2 pairs from tomorrow when the pros show up, but if there is any pain I'll send both sets back.

Unfortunately the Beats Fit Pro are not available in the UK till some unknown time in 2022 so it's not really an option for me to try which is incredibly annoying :(

Last edited:

Simon89

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2015
Yorkshire, UK
Hehe, I'm on my first pair of AirPods so it's all new to me, but I take your point. Well I'll have 2 pairs from tomorrow when the pros show up, but if there is any pain I'll send both sets back.

Unfortunately the Beats Fit Pro are not available in the UK till some unknown time in 2022 so it's not really an option for me to try which is incredibly annoying :(
Would you mind letting me know the fit difference between the 3s and the Pros?

anth0ny

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Would you mind letting me know the fit difference between the 3s and the Pros?

Hi, so the Pros arrived yesterday and I have spent some time switching between the two for (personal) sound and fit comparisons.

With regard to fit, I feel that the pros not only feel more comfortable but they also feel more secure in the ear. The Gen3 don't feel like they would fall out and I have honestly tried to get them to by jumping about but they feel like a knock could cause them to. I don't really understand why the pros feel more comfortable as they look the same size, but I guess it's because they are held in more by the bud. Eating and jumping etc do not cause the pros to budge, at all.

Onto sound and I am really amazed how good the Gen3 sound compared to the Pros they are fantastic! I think I would actually give the Gen 3 ever so slightly higher marks for bass. All together though the Pros do sound better (really close though). I tested with Noise Control switched off so I think it's just that seal.

Returning Gen 3 today. If the Pro was not an option, I expect I would have waited longer to see if the Gen 3 settled in.

Reactions: MacRealist91

shinigamii

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Everyone's ears are different. Designing a one-size-fits-all earbud is impossible. If they are uncomfortable for you, return them and move on. Other's opinions don't help with your comfort.
It would have been best if the had silicone tips just like the Airpods pro, we can use the one that fits us well

Simon89

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2015
Yorkshire, UK
Hi, so the Pros arrived yesterday and I have spent some time switching between the two for (personal) sound and fit comparisons.

With regard to fit, I feel that the pros not only feel more comfortable but they also feel more secure in the ear. The Gen3 don't feel like they would fall out and I have honestly tried to get them to by jumping about but they feel like a knock could cause them to. I don't really understand why the pros feel more comfortable as they look the same size, but I guess it's because they are held in more by the bud. Eating and jumping etc do not cause the pros to budge, at all.

Onto sound and I am really amazed how good the Gen3 sound compared to the Pros they are fantastic! I think I would actually give the Gen 3 ever so slightly higher marks for bass. All together though the Pros do sound better (really close though). I tested with Noise Control switched off so I think it's just that seal.

Returning Gen 3 today. If the Pro was not an option, I expect I would have waited longer to see if the Gen 3 settled in.
Thanks for that. I'm just waiting for Apple to refund me for me Gen 3s I returned last week and I'll probably give the Pros a go.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I have the same issue just tried the airpods 3 today and my ears HURT..its my first time having airpods and Im shipping them back they are just too darn painful for me
I chatted with target, got a full refund and the guy told me to keep the airpods(I guess cause I put them on my ears they dont want them back) so I told him repeatedly I dont mind sending them back I just dont want an issue he said no keep them..and when the airpods pro with magsafe are back in stock at target I will get the price match for what I paid for the airpods 3

Last edited:
Reactions: turbineseaplane

Kwozzii

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
I got some of the Gen 3's the other day, they sound good and I don't find them uncomformable - just can't get them to stay in my ears. Don't want the Pro's because I don't like the in-ear tips on anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.