Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talerbaum4711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
We have 2 AirPods Pro 2 and 2 AirPods Pro 1 and 3 Samsung Smart TV´s .

With the Pro2 we can not connect to Samsung TV with the Pro1 no Problem . Pro 2 no Sound but Volume Control .
Have someone the same problem ?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Reading on Reddit with LG tv’s too. I’m picking up my gen2’s today. Been using gen1’s since launch. I use them on my Samsung tv’s everyday. I hope this isn’t an issue.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Ok just got back from Apple Store with the APP gen 2. It’s defiantly your tv. On my Samsung smart tv they connect quick. They sound fine. They work fine. Noticed I get higher volume levels with them versus the gen 1’s.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
I’ve never connected my AirPods to my Smart TV’s. How do you do that?

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
We have 2 AirPods Pro 2 and 2 AirPods Pro 1 and 3 Samsung Smart TV´s .

With the Pro2 we can not connect to Samsung TV with the Pro1 no Problem . Pro 2 no Sound but Volume Control .
Have someone the same problem ?
Same here. New airpods Pro (with latest 5A377 firmware) do not play nice with Samsung TV (software version 2302) ... they will pair, sometimes, but sound is choppy. Then when changing the channel on cable box or other source the sound cuts out completely. Sad because Beats Fit Pros and AirPods Max work flawlessly ... even AirPods 3 worked well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ledzzeppelin

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Same here. New airpods Pro (with latest 5A377 firmware) do not play nice with Samsung TV (software version 2302) ... they will pair, sometimes, but sound is choppy. Then when changing the channel on cable box or other source the sound cuts out completely. Sad because Beats Fit Pros and AirPods Max work flawlessly ... even AirPods 3 worked well.

I’m on 5A374 as well. Everything working fine. Hope it’s a quick fix for y’all.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Update: Doesn't work now while connected to my samsung smart TV. Noticed at night no volume/nothing. I believe there's a bug or something.

pand_057

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
unfortunately i have the same problem.

I talked to support, they said that they are not responsible for connecting to non-apple devices

Reactions: rich78m

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
unfortunately i have the same problem.

I talked to support, they said that they are not responsible for connecting to non-apple devices
That sounds like something Samsung would say, but I think it's an apple problem. The AirPods 3, AirPods Max and Beats Fit Pro all work with my Samsung TV ... hopefully it's just a firmware update/fix for the APP 2nd Gens.

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
I noticed this morning I'm also getting connection issues with my iMac (music cuts out and right ear switches to transparency mode for a few seconds). If there's no mention of a firmware fix in the near future I'm retuning them. Never been issues like this with other Apple branded ear/headphones.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Yeah this is not good. Hopefully an update will fix it. I use my airpods every night for the past 2 years to watch tv at night. No noise for my wife or the baby. This is a must for me. Glad I have my gen 1's and used those instead last night.

Reactions: Ladybug and just!ns

Ledzzeppelin

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2022
Exactly ! Hope for a fix from Apple side, Samsung had once every two years updates on their TV's firmware :D

Reactions: just!ns

RobertBlack01

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2022
Same issue here. Pro2s connect with no sound but volume control. If I pair really close to the TV its choppy sound.
Tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, no luck. Worked fine with the original pros. Bummer. Following thread, hoping for a quick resolution.

5A377 AirPods Firmware
Just updated Q6 TV to latest software(1330.5)

Last edited:

Ledzzeppelin

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2022
I found a quick temporary fix. On my TV after changing the channel the sound stops or getting choppy. Going to sound source and change to tv speakers and then to air pods pro 2 again, the sound comes back. Hope works for you.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I found a quick temporary fix. On my TV after changing the channel the sound stops or getting choppy. Going to sound source and change to tv speakers and then to air pods pro 2 again, the sound comes back. Hope works for you.
Yeah this worked. I just went back to using my gen 1 for TV watching. Not happy about this though.

Reactions: Ledzzeppelin

Talerbaum4711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
Not working for me - try with 2 AirPods Gen2 on 3 different Samsung Smart TV QLED

ro888

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2020
Not working for me either, I have the AirPods pro 2 with the latest firmware pairing with a Samsung 8K TV. No sound and sometimes there is sound but it's extremely choppy. I have paired this TV with two other bluetooth headphones and it works fine. Hopefully a firmware update sorts this out. A bit disappointing...

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
My experience is, Samsung TVs in general suck when using BT headphones or buds. It’s either going to be choppy af, or unable to connect, with plenty of BT headphones or buds. Don’t know why. It one of a few reasons I’m moving away from Samsung TVs.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I have been using AirPods on my Samsung smart tv’s for many many years. Never had any issues what so ever. AirPods Pro gen2’s not working right with any smart tvs. Not happy about this.

sbhatia3

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2022
Even My new Airpod Pro 2 does not connect to Samsung TV while Airpod Pro 1 works fine with same TV. Hope Apple address it soon, its a Bug

ProgrammerDad

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2022
Bought them today, latest firmware. Unfortunatelly no sound when paired (zero problems on this part) to new samsung QLED 4K from 2022 line. Waiting for some fix..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.