Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
Bought them today, latest firmware. Unfortunatelly no sound when paired (zero problems on this part) to new samsung QLED 4K from 2022 line. Waiting for some fix..
Bummer. I'm guessing (hoping) it's a simple firmware fix on Apple's part. I can have the new APP 2nd gen paired to my iMac and be sitting directly in front of the computer only to have connection loss (and APP transparent mode kicks in randomly for some reason too) ... unusually unstable for Apple, at least in my experience as compared to their previous head/earphones.

genocoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
Same issue for me. Brand new AirPods Pro Gen 2. Model A2618, Version 5A377.
We have a Samsung Q60 75".
My wife has AirPod Pro Gen1 that connect fine no problems at all.

The crazy thing is my AirPods are named simply 'Geno' but when they are seen and connect to the Samsung TV the TV calls them 'Geno - Find My' without me choosing this or having any way to do anything differently. I have factory reset my TV 3 times and the AirPods about 5 times.
The sound is very crackly and painful and only in one ear. If you change the channel or move the menu around or open Netflix or anything at all you immediately lose all sound.

I have a suspicion that the AirPods are transmitting on 2 channels, one for sound which has high bandwidth for all data it needs, and a low bandwidth for the Find My function to work, to find them and make a siren sound. This would make sense to me as the previous versions didn't have the siren/sound function in Find My. It explains the poor quality sound and the name the TV gives it. I think the TV is connecting therefore to the Find My channel and not seeing the actual audio channel... does that make sense?

Attachments

• tempImageLl2HQ3.png
    tempImageLl2HQ3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Yeah something weird is going on. They said find my in the beginning. Not anymore. If and when its connected they sound low. I cant raise or lower volume. Been using my gen 1's again for tv watching.

RobertBlack01

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2022
Same issue for me. Brand new AirPods Pro Gen 2. Model A2618, Version 5A377.
We have a Samsung Q60 75".
My wife has AirPod Pro Gen1 that connect fine no problems at all.

The crazy thing is my AirPods are named simply 'Geno' but when they are seen and connect to the Samsung TV the TV calls them 'Geno - Find My' without me choosing this or having any way to do anything differently. I have factory reset my TV 3 times and the AirPods about 5 times.
The sound is very crackly and painful and only in one ear. If you change the channel or move the menu around or open Netflix or anything at all you immediately lose all sound.

I have a suspicion that the AirPods are transmitting on 2 channels, one for sound which has high bandwidth for all data it needs, and a low bandwidth for the Find My function to work, to find them and make a siren sound. This would make sense to me as the previous versions didn't have the siren/sound function in Find My. It explains the poor quality sound and the name the TV gives it. I think the TV is connecting therefore to the Find My channel and not seeing the actual audio channel... does that make sense?
Yup, mine also say "Find My" after the assigned name...

Come on Apple update the 5A377!!

Strus

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
I have the same problem with my Samsung TV. But when I connect the Airpods to MacBook, the name is also with a "Find My" part, and they work without any problems.

Sameo

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2022
Yup, mine also say "Find My" after the assigned name...

Come on Apple update the 5A377!!
Exactly the same here...

Brand new AirPod Pro2's, successfully connected to LG OLED. Volume control showing Bluetooth symbol on tv when volume is adjusted but zero sound coming through AirPods!

Mine also say "Find My" after the assigned name...

Apple want to sort this ASAP before they loose a right load of customers & everyone takes them back!

Version - 5A377

Please update on a fix or Apple update

Attachments

• 4C978481-3EC6-4FDD-9F0B-A6A0656FFD51.jpeg
    4C978481-3EC6-4FDD-9F0B-A6A0656FFD51.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 83F785CA-CB67-4D22-8A6B-757AD49F64A5.jpeg
    83F785CA-CB67-4D22-8A6B-757AD49F64A5.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ED0A2F67-8D83-4869-8134-F03C21F48736.jpeg
    ED0A2F67-8D83-4869-8134-F03C21F48736.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 111

rickpoet

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles, California
My new AirPod Pro IIs connect to my Samsung Smart TV but the sound is crackly. Also had “find my” in the name. Reset everything (TV and AirPods) and the “FindMy” went away but the crackle didn’t. Spoke with advanced support at Apple who had nothing to offer and suggested I connect with Samsung…so on the verge of returning these and going back to listening to my TV out of its speakers like a cave man, and following this thread to keep up with any updates or miracles.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
I having these same issues connecting to my Sony XBR-55A9G. I’ve returned one pair of AirPod Pro 2, for a second pair and they are much worse. Unusable. I’ve reset my Sony to factory settings with no fix. My AirPos Max aren’t having issues. Very disappointed. I should have kept my previous Gen. 1‘s.

Last edited:

Sameo

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2022
Exactly the same here...

Brand new AirPod Pro2's, successfully connected to LG OLED. Volume control showing Bluetooth symbol on tv when volume is adjusted but zero sound coming through AirPods!

Mine also say "Find My" after the assigned name...

Apple want to sort this ASAP before they loose a right load of customers & everyone takes them back!

Version - 5A377

Please update on a fix or Apple update

*UPDATE*

Not that this is any help to anyone but.. the above stays true with the tv in the bedroom OLED65 C7

However I can connect my AirPod Pro 2's perfectly and have full usability on my OLED65 C1 (in lounge)

Unfortunately & not that it should matter, the tv I need the AirPods to connect to are the tv in the bedroom OLED C7..

Also when connected to the OLED C1 (in the lounge) the AirPods don't show as "find my"

Attachments

• 153DA9BC-A950-4614-86A6-A95338ACF504.jpeg
    153DA9BC-A950-4614-86A6-A95338ACF504.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: Makanmata

rich78m

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2022
I have AirPods Pro II gen and also genuine Samsung headset. I have a Samsung TV QE75Q7FAMTXZT.
Also with Genuine Samsung headset, before pairing, I have to level soundbar audio to zero (when soundbar and TV are connected through cable respectively to internet and TV)...then I can hear with Samsung headset. No problems when soundbar and TV are connected through wifi (TV for internet and soundbar for audio).
With AirPods Pro II gen, by now no sound as you all. I am trying different combinations of wifi and cables.
By now, no solution.

Makanmata

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
Same problem with Samsung 55" Smart TV. Connects fine to my Bose stuff but connects with my Airpods Pro Gen. 2 and get a milisecond click and then . . . dead. I also get the "Find My" in the identifier, and I have to agree with those who have said that this offers a hint about what the problem is.

Have to admit I'm pretty lukewarm on the new AirPods. Unless I can figure this out quickly this will probably be the straw that broke the camels back and trade them for the Bose QC2 that were just released.

Last edited:

PFox78

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
I'm having the exact same issue... with 2 kids under 3, this is a big problem as I use my AirPods to watch TV at night when they're asleep.

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
I'm having the exact same issue... with 2 kids under 3, this is a big problem as I use my AirPods to watch TV at night when they're asleep.
Here's hoping an AirPods Pro related firmware update is included with the iOS 16.1 update coming Oct. 24

Last edited:
Reactions: RobertBlack01

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I really hope an update fixes this. Returned APP gen2 because of this. Went back to using APP gen 1. Will follow this thread and rebuy until its fixed.

CencalB

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2022
We have 2 AirPods Pro 2 and 2 AirPods Pro 1 and 3 Samsung Smart TV´s .

With the Pro2 we can not connect to Samsung TV with the Pro1 no Problem . Pro 2 no Sound but Volume Control .
Have someone the same problem ?
Sadly i was on call w apple support yesterday and after returning my original 2nd gen pro’s and haveing them warranty replaced only to have same issue it was discovered apple did not get lefal permissions required to have the 2nd gen pros work with samsung smart tv. The sales rep , not tech support (as tech transferred me to sales to ck compatability), did skme research to find the 2nd gen pros definiteky do not have permissions. So no update will fix it…im returning mine and going to stick w my gen1 pros.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Sadly i was on call w apple support yesterday and after returning my original 2nd gen pro’s and haveing them warranty replaced only to have same issue it was discovered apple did not get lefal permissions required to have the 2nd gen pros work with samsung smart tv. The sales rep , not tech support (as tech transferred me to sales to ck compatability), did skme research to find the 2nd gen pros definiteky do not have permissions. So no update will fix it…im returning mine and going to stick w my gen1 pros.

Wow if this is true this isn’t good.

rickpoet

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Understanding this may be way outside my legal and technical knowledge, but isn't Bluetooth technology based on a standard that should just work? This sort of implies Apple has the ability to make it work but hasn't "turned it on" because of lack of permission which seems weird.

CencalB

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2022
Understanding this may be way outside my legal and technical knowledge, but isn't Bluetooth technology based on a standard that should just work? This sort of implies Apple has the ability to make it work but hasn't "turned it on" because of lack of permission which seems weird.
Yeah I was transferred back and forth a few times. On the line over an hour. Tried to hammer home the fact that on my gen 1's, I could still consistently connect to all TV's, but that my gen 2's would connect but I'd get no sound. Longer story shorter it was when the sales person investigated further into what the actual "compatabilities" were, that she found there was a difference in the "negotiated" permissions. That's literally what she said. She had even indicated that prior to looking into it for me she was unaware of that fact, and that while she had originally planned on purchasing the Gen 2's as well, she now was going to be unlikely to do so, as connectivity to the smart tv's was an essential function for her. If it changes I'll just repurchase. For now my gen 2's are going back....

• Wow
Reactions: RobertBlack01

ekrub

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
Hoping a firmware update will fix the relationship between my AirPod Pro 2 headset and Samsung TV.

In the meantime, I've found a semi-reliable (albeit annoying) way to use the AirPod Pro 2 with our Samsung TV. In my experience, I can almost always get functional sound from my Samsung TV within my AirPod Pro 2 headset within a second attempt (connect, disconnect, and connect again) as long as the show is playing as I'm connecting. I lose sounds if there's any interruption (even a momentary break in the soundtrack) and have to disconnect & reconnect again (sometimes twice).

Here's my recipe for "successfully" using an AirPods Pro 2 headset with a Samsung TV for now:
  1. Start the show. Sound must be active – i.e., the show must be actively playing. If there's even the slightest pause (pausing a show, the momentary break between a show's intro/recap and the show, etc.), the AirPods will lose connection and you have to start over. Since pausing, fast-forwarding, or rewinding will interrupt the connection, when resuming a show, go back ~30 seconds from where you want to resume, since the next few steps can take 10-20 seconds.
  2. Connect the AirPods while the show is playing. If the sound connects, your good to go. Don't pause, rewind, fast-forward. If you do, you will probably lose sound.
  3. If the sounds through AirPods is choppy or non-existent, disconnect the AirPods and reconnect. If it doesn't work on the first try, repeat (disconnect & then re-connect).

Last edited:

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
Yeah I was transferred back and forth a few times. On the line over an hour. Tried to hammer home the fact that on my gen 1's, I could still consistently connect to all TV's, but that my gen 2's would connect but I'd get no sound. Longer story shorter it was when the sales person investigated further into what the actual "compatabilities" were, that she found there was a difference in the "negotiated" permissions. That's literally what she said. She had even indicated that prior to looking into it for me she was unaware of that fact, and that while she had originally planned on purchasing the Gen 2's as well, she now was going to be unlikely to do so, as connectivity to the smart tv's was an essential function for her. If it changes I'll just repurchase. For now my gen 2's are going back....
Since problem is with LG and Sony tvs too I'm still thinking (hoping) it's a dumb glitch with Apple firmware, especially since I'm also having issues with iMac loosing connection and toggling to transparent mode in right ear momentarily, all while sitting directly in front of iMac.

Reactions: Strus

Strus

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
Bluetooth does not work like that, this sales rep confused something. You think that all of the world manufacturers of endless no-name Chinese ****-tier bluetooth headphones "negotiate" anything with TV manufacturers? No - and they work with everything. Bluetooth is an open standard so you don't need to do that.

This is a bug on Apple side, and let's hope it can be fixed with an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.