Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

just!ns

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2016
Reset your AirPods and it will work. At least it worked for me. If you don’t know how to do it click here.

I reset AirPods using Apple's method but still no luck with TV. Connects to TV properly and sound is good until either the source or channel is changed, then noting. I also removed and repaired with TV but no luck.

genocoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
I'm probably going to get in trouble for sharing this but I complained to Apple for so long and with such conviction and kept elevating my case to the point that they sent me a new Apple TV 4Kn for free! I used the argument that if you went to a restaurant and paid $50 for a meal and weren't happy with it because of a fundamental problem then the manager would probably offer you a free drink or dessert. So I argued that a company worth $2Trillion could afford to offer me a consolation prize that would also help fix some of my issues. It has arrived and it is now in my possession so I'm happy to post this. I'm not joking. It really happened. I recommend you all do the same if your AirPods are not working. I absolutely didn't agree that after paying $400 for over priced earphones I should then pay another $250 for an Apple TV! I also note that it still does not solve the problem for when I am playing my PS5 or playing a movie from a Thumb drive in the TV! So this is still a major problem for me...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 17.10.11.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 17.10.11.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 246

Ranjitnarayanan

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2023
I’ve AirPod Pro Gen 2 and Samsung TV 55inch both have updated to latest firmware. Managed to connect the two but no sound on the AirPods. Tried shifting from tv speakers to AirPod back and forth but no change and no sound on AirPods. Please recommend when Apple will fix the firmware on the AirPods so it can play sound from Samsung tv.

genocoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
The following Post was just put on Apple's website and then promptly removed by Apple.
It was posted by 'seedorft'

AirPods Pro 2 no Sound with Samsung TV -

Like others on this discussion thread, I have had issues with my newly purchased Apple AirPods Pro2 and my Samsung TV. In my case the TV is a Samsung AU8000 Crystal UHD Smart TV (2021). I have the problem that has been reported by others with losing sound when changing a channel on my TV.

I have been in contact with Samsung support on two different occasions for this issue, and I also have confirmed that I am on the latest version for the TV. From the Samsung perspective, it is an Apple issue since I do not have this issue with my Apple AirPods Pro1 with this same TV. My AirPods Pro2 are at Version 5B58.

I have also been in contact with Apple support (I bought the AirPods Pro2 on 11/25/2022) on two different calls. In both cases I was connected with a "senior advisor". On the first call, they recommended I send in my Pro2's to be checked. I did this, and no issue was found. They indicated they could not replicate the issue. I'm sure in their "service center" they are testing with their standard manufacturing procedures. I received the Pro2's back, tried them, and confirmed I still had the same issue.

I called Apple support again on Friday January 6. I was connected with a "Senior Advisor" again. We discussed the problem and that the Pro1's work correctly with my Samsung TV and the Pro2's do not work correctly with this same TV. After 45 minutes on the call, the "Advisor" contacted Apple Engineering on what information is needed to be gathered. The advisor was told that Engineering would not accept a ticket for this and that I needed to contact Samsung. The advisor did not communicate to me that this was a known problem or that Engineering was aware of a similar problem.

I have tried a couple of the work-arounds suggested on this thread. (1) I changed the Digital Output Audio Format of my Samsung TV from Auto to PCM. This had no effect (positive or negative) on the problem. (2) I also disabled the find my function on the AirPods P2, but this had no improvement on the problem.

In case anyone has a discussion with Apple, you can reference my case # of 101889567224, so that you don't get the run around that this is a new issue and has not been reported. I would also encourage you to reference case # 101823815654 from user geneocoso posted on https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-pro-2-with-samsung-tv-problem.2361980/page-4.

I had previously started a different thread, before I found this current one. The other thread is: Official Apple Support Communitythread/254477397

• Angry
Reactions: curdy

Sohail Jafar 🏴

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
I think I found the (disappointing) reason why this is occurring:

I just spoke with Samsung support. As my Q90 TV has Bluetooth Version 5.2 and the Apple AirPods Pro 2 have Bluetooth Version 5.3, it will not work seamlessly as it does for Apple AirPods Pro 1, which has a Bluetooth Version 5.0.

Sohail Jafar 🏴

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
Reached out to Apple. I told them about what Samsung has said, but like others, they're suggesting me to send it in for repair. I'm going to do that and see if the issues will persist.

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
I ordered a pair yesterday. My 1st gen Airpods Pro gave strange sounds which were not there when I tried "regulgar" Airpods 2nd gen. - Mine are connected to an Apple TV 4K to get spatial audio from Netflix and Apple TV app.

All in this thread seems to connect directly to their Samsung TV. Mine is a Samsung Q8 65". So I wonder how it will go with mine on Tuesday with the Apple TV 4K. Is it "only" when the Airpods connect directly to the Samsung or also with Apple TV 4K.....

MMS12

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2023
I registered for this forum to see if any fixes have been made for the problems with AirPodPro2 working with Samsung TV. I returned my AirPodPro2 as the sound was so awful, choppy, cut off, etc. Spent hours online with Apple and no resolution, and no help from Samsung either- finger pointing to each other. Not sure who will step up to the plate to fix it. So far my old AirPodPro 1 is still working for me, but I rally wanted to upgrade.

MMS12

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2023
Seeing mixed results with updating the firmware, works for some but not all.

maartenbusstra

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2023
Rotterdam, South Holland
Made an account just for this thread.

After having this problem for months and still using my first gen AirPods Pro just for the TV I had a thought: the volume isn't that loud on the gen 1, I wish I could turn it up some more on the headphone's side just like the gen 2. Then it hit me... I switched to the gen 2 and tried to increase the volume by using the gesture on the Pro 2, and it worked! Turns out it was the volume all along... So, the volume of the TV and the pods are separate!

TLDR; try the volume gesture on your gen 2s

Ugh, facepalm.

Hope it helps others! x

Last edited:
Reactions: frost4321 and Jasde

MMS12

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2023

After having this problem for months and still using my first gen AirPods Pro just for the TV I had a thought: the volume isn't that loud on the gen 1, I wish I could turn it up some more on the headphone's side just like the gen 2. Then it hit me... I switched to the gen 2 and tried to increase the volume by using the gesture on the Pro 2, and it worked! Turns out it was the volume all along... So, the volume of the TV and the pods are separate!

Ugh, facepalm.

Hope it helps others! x
Thanks for the tip, I hope someone else try's this to see if it works??? I returned my AirPod get 2, but willing to purchase again if this is an easy fix as you say?

Reactions: Jasde

JamesNT

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2023
We have 2 AirPods Pro 2 and 2 AirPods Pro 1 and 3 Samsung Smart TV´s .

With the Pro2 we can not connect to Samsung TV with the Pro1 no Problem . Pro 2 no Sound but Volume Control .
Have someone the same problem ?
I had the same symptoms. In my case the issue was caused by FindMy on the phone. The solution was to fully dissociate the Pro 2's from FindMy and then from the phone. Pair them with the Samsung (they worked correctly) then pair them back to the phone. Since then, I have had no problems using them and switching between both (and other) devices.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Recently found this thread...my AirPods Pro 2 can connect, but have spotty audio (glitchy sounding) and it is just not possible to watch TV with that sound. Just connected my AirPods Max to my Samsung TV and they sound much better, although as soon as I slightly move them on my head the sound glitches. I have no other issues with either pair of headphones on any other device. I often wear either set of headphones while connected to my Apple TV 4K (using the same Samsung TV) and have no issues. My Apple TV is also connected to two HomePod Gen 2s for sound when I am using that to watch TV. My Samsung TV while watching cable is connected to a receiver with connected speakers, however. This could be part of the problem perhaps? Although when I try to use my AirPods, I am switching from the receiver as sound output to the Bluetooth Speaker list and selecting my paired AirPods.

Just seems to be a Samsung TV issue. I am still trying to figure out if I can connect them to my receiver instead (it does have Bluetooth functionality, I just haven't figured it out yet).

Edit: Or an AirPods Pro 2 issue... as my AirPods Max seem to be working okay now with the TV, even when I move them on my head to adjust fit.

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
The problems would go away if you use Apple TV 4K and get your sound from there. Works perfectly on our two Samsung TVs with Apple TV 4K box. Both on Airpods Pro 1 and 2. - To me it seems that all TV content worth watching can be accessed by apps on the Apple TV box. And you can put the Samsung remote away and just use the Apple TV remote. Spatial audio is good.

Reactions: Soondae

Jasde

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2023
Thanks for the tip, I hope someone else try's this to see if it works??? I returned my AirPod get 2, but willing to purchase again if this is an easy fix as you say?

Ugh, facepalm.

Hope it helps others! x
That's it!!! I can't believe it worked. All this time it was simply manually adjusting the volume. How has apple not figured this out yet?

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
The latest firmware update has completely fixed my connection issues to my Sony TV. They are working flawlessly now. It took a long time for the update but well worth it.

Sohail Jafar 🏴

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
The latest firmware update has completely fixed my connection issues to my Sony TV. They are working flawlessly now. It took a long time for the update but well worth it.
Thanks for the update, unfortunately my AirPods Pro 2 are still having audio issues. Hope they get fixed soon, until then I’m just gonna use my 1st gen instead.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
Thanks for the update, unfortunately my AirPods Pro 2 are still having audio issues. Hope they get fixed soon, until then I’m just gonna use my 1st gen instead.
So sorry to hear that Sohail, I had hoped it was a similar BT issue with both brands. I did do a reset after the firmware update before re-pairing them.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
So it fixed it for Sony but you think its fixed for Samsung TV?

genocoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
NOPE! the latest AirPods firmware update 5E133 still hasn't fixed it for me on my Samsung Q65. It connects and is fine until you make any adjustments or change the input or apps at all. It's also worth noting that Samsung haven't updated my TV firmware since 4 October 2022. If they did, it may help!
In the meantime, am I seriously the only one who managed to get Apple to send me a free AppleTV 4K as an apology?!! Seems no one else on here has tried... or at least not posted about it...

Reactions: Makanmata

Makanmata

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
Some developments since my AirPodsPro2.0 failed to connect at all to my Samsung TV several months ago. Last night I was able to connect, and all seemed to be working fine, until the Youtube video I was watching ended and then lost all sound. I was able to reconnect again, but with the same problem.

Relatedly, when I went to connect my iPhone, which has connected automatically and flawlessly every time since I got the Pods, it wouldn't recognize my AirPods and I had to "forget" them and reconnect (and now working fine).

frost4321

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2023

Ugh, facepalm.

Hope it helps others! x
Just registered with MacRumors only to write this:
Genius!!! The Samsung TV does not control de volume of the AirPods Pro so they need to be changed with the gesture on the AirPods. Brilliant, although Apple could make this less annoying if the default initial volume wasn't set to zero...

Now back to enjoying great sound from my old Samsung Tv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.