Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Plot twist, the author of that app purposely colors in a black pixel. Also 9 returns? No wonder the wait time at the genius bar is now 3-5 day for earliest appointment avaliable.

Reactions: jagolden

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Not that I doubt you but I’m wondering, did you check with some sort of magnifying tool to verify on a sub pixel level?

I honestly don’t know if you’re being sarcastic to that member or not in your post, but what logical person would take a magnifying tool to verify anything on their phone searching for a defect? Again, there has to be a level of normalcy, that’s _not_normal to scope your display for a possible dead pixel.

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
I honestly don’t know if you’re being sarcastic to that member or not in your post, but what logical person would take a magnifying tool to verify anything on their phone searching for a defect? Again, there has to be a level of normalcy, that’s _not_normal to scope your display for a possible dead pixel.
I said the same thing exactly one post before his. The point I’m trying to make is that the OP is searching for problems that can’t be seen in normal viewing conditions which, IMO, is not normal. And this is coming from a guy who has returned DOZENS of devices for dead pixels (that could be easily seen from normal viewing distances).

Reactions: Synomenon

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Pretty sure OP was trolling. He’s made people download an app and have them squinting really good trying to find a needle in s haystack. I keep picturing people doing this, and it IS kind of amusing. But definitely a dick move.

Btw, I’m not going to do all of that. My screen looks beautiful, so I won’t be doing all of that.

chadmclark

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
I checked my XS. Perfect on all colors. However, if I use a jewelers loop there is one stuck sub pixel on the upper left.

Fortunately, normal viewing it cannot be seen. I only happened to look because I thought I had a scratch and was looking for that.

There are so many things that can be bad out of box, ya live with what ya got and enjoy

Redjo187

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2019
But, who actually does this? Who puts their phone ‘super close’ to their face looking for dead pixels? I’m willing to believe the majority of iPhone Max’s manufactured is perfectly fine. It’s just there is a select few on sites like this that are overly pedantic looking for issues, that really aren’t issues.
the thing is that im not paying 999+ for a phone who has dead pixels from the beginning when i've bough 300-500 oled android phones that even 2 years latter doesn't have any dead pixel, they may have burnin issues due to usage patterns but not dead pixels, that is just unacceptable for me

abhinavpesit

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2020
I am also facing the same problem with my iphone xs max.I never expected this from apple.I have been using iphone and several other android phones but never faced dead pixel in any of my handsets before.They should consider this a serious issue n should resolve it as its a manufacturing defect.A mobile costing more than 1300$ is having this problem is simply not expected
IMG-20200531-WA0028.jpg

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I am also facing the same problem with my iphone xs max.I never expected this from apple.I have been using iphone and several other android phones but never faced dead pixel in any of my handsets before.They should consider this a serious issue n should resolve it as its a manufacturing defect.A mobile costing more than 1300$ is having this problem is simply not expected View attachment 920688
Apple isn’t the only company that deals with dead pixels, nor is it a common issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.