Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Those who dont see a difference or see the problem, are blind... View attachment 877690 View attachment 877691
First photo is not a good comparison because you have different content on screen and are under bright ceiling lighting. And phone on right looks like it has a screen protector maybe?
Also what are the settings for each, ie:- Brightness level? True tone on or off? Etc.

Second shot the iphone looks to be on low brightness and at setup stage so true tone will be on. You can't compare to laptop at this stage. Also is the laptop OLED or LCD?

Arste

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
My screen have pinkish color or not? Yellow tint is a little bit or big?
I prefer warm colors but its lottery what i get.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
My screen have pinkish color or not? Yellow tint is a little bit or big?
I prefer warm colors but its lottery what i get.
Like some already have said, your phone looks fine. It’s probably not 100% perfect but it’s quite good and most would not return because there is a big chance you are getting something worse since your phone is already pretty good.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
tt off on my phone

Judging by your pictures, your phone looks fine to me. I had a XS Max before I traded it in for the 11 I have currently. I had TrueTone on, but adjusted its color within the Settings. It had a yellowish tint with TrueTone on at the default setting.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Guys, i get new 11 pro max, 40 week production. Can you tell me something about my screen. I have yellow tint? I have true tone off, auto brightness off, night shift off.
50% brignthess, my is the left, in the right applestore
View attachment 877567
100% brightness
View attachment 877568
Please help because i dont know what doing on my phone
You need help to see if it's yellow tinted? I've heard it all now.

They actually look a bit pinkish.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
You need help to see if it's yellow tinted? I've heard it all now.
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png

I’ve done it too ? for some reason I couldn’t trust my own judgement. Kept opening, closing my eyes. Looking directly at it, looking away Lol, thinking my eyes were tricking me to thinking my display was yellowing. Drove me nuts trying to figure if it was normal or a defect and wanted others opinions before my returns window closed, so I posted here and ultimately swapped it out for a “much” more acceptable display.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
I’ve done it too for some reason I couldn’t trust my own judgement. Kept opening, closing my eyes. Looking directly at it, looking away Lol, thinking my eyes were tricking me to thinking my display was yellowing. Drove me nuts trying to figure if it was normal or a defect and wanted others opinions before my returns window closed, so I posted here and ultimately swapped it out for a “much” more acceptable display.
Question goes begging , how did you know that the replacement device was "acceptable"?

Reactions: fitgirl

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
Yep, the iPhone 11 Pro OLED screen seem to be a bit oversaturated. The facade of the building is on the iPhone yellow, which is not the case, my macbook monitor and my 4K tv on the other hand shows the color of the facade correctly.
B94692EC-96AC-4EAF-8012-B91B63F531BE.jpeg

Last edited:

DSC887

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2019
Hi all,

I ordered an iphone 11 pro, space grey and the one that I've received had dust under the screen.

I have returned it and ordered another one, which had a small dust particle under the camera glass, but it was fine, however the screen looked yellowish.
I went in all the stores around, and they all looked different than mine, because that ios is modified, so it was useless to compare them.
Another friend of mine purchased the phone, and when compared side by side, his was brighter and the white was white.
Also, compared to my X, the difference was really noticeable.
As I didn't want to exchange it with vodafone again, I made an appointment to ask for an exchange in the apple store, which is 50 miles away from where I live.

I went there, told them the issue, and they brought another phone - not a demo one - to compare it with mine. The difference was visible but he told me that "it's still under the specification"!!!!!
He also mentioned that it might be because I have a screen protector, however I was happy to remove it, but they said that it's not point cause they won't replace the phone just for that anyway.
I asked about the dust under the camera lens if it's under the specification, and he told me that no, but they won't replace it for that. If I wish, they can open it an clean it. That's a big NO - the phone was one week old.
I then told them that it's randomly rebooting, and they told me that they need to see that - like I can stay all day long in the store and pray for my iphone to reboot.
In the end they told me to change it with Vodafone, as it was purchased from them - yep this is why I pay for apple care, which seems to be a useless service at this point.

I left AppleStore dissapointed, went to vodafone and told them the issue, and asked if I can inspect the new one before exchange it. They totally agreed as this is the 3rd phone. I checked the new one and it doesn't have dust, and the screen is not yellow.

The new device compared to my X, it's not yellow, but not so blue - the white is clear white.
Also the new device is brigher and looks sharper.

I also took pictures in the store with both of the device on same settings: Auto brightness off, True tone off and full brightness.
Picture attached - the one in the left is the old one with yellow screen, the one in the right is the new one.

Also I checked on the website found from a previous post the devices by serial number - pictures attached. The one with yellow screen is the one from week 45, and the one that has the screen white is the one from week 44. It seems that the factory site is not the same.

I know that some people mentioned that there are variances, which I totally agree, however if they have variances with lower quality, do they have variances on the prices as well?!
No they don't! So if they don't accept less money, why should we accept lower quality?!

Attachments

• IMG_7237.JPG
    IMG_7237.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 2c.jpg
    2c.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1c.png
    IMG_1c.png
    63 KB · Views: 195

macode

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2019
Hi all,

I ordered an iphone 11 pro, space grey and the one that I've received had dust under the screen.

I have returned it and ordered another one, which had a small dust particle under the camera glass, but it was fine, however the screen looked yellowish.
I went in all the stores around, and they all looked different than mine, because that ios is modified, so it was useless to compare them.
Another friend of mine purchased the phone, and when compared side by side, his was brighter and the white was white.
As I didn't want to exchange it with vodafone again, I made an appointment to ask for an exchange in the apple store, which is 50 miles away from where I live.

I went there, told them the issue, and they brought another phone - not a demo one - to compare it with mine. The difference was visible but he told me that "it's still under the specification"!!!!!
He also mentioned that it might be because I have a screen protector, however I was happy to remove it, but they said that it's not point cause they won't replace the phone just for that anyway.
I asked about the dust under the camera lens if it's under the specification, and he told me that no, but they won't replace it for that. If I wish, they can open it an clean it. That's a big NO - the phone was one week old.
I then told them that it's randomly rebooting, and they told me that they need to see that - like I can stay all day long in the store and pray for my iphone to reboot.
In the end they told me to change it with Vodafone, as it was purchased from them - yep this is why I pay for apple care, which seems to be a useless service at this point.

I left AppleStore dissapointed, went to vodafone and told them the issue, and asked if I can inspect the new one before exchange it. They totally agreed as this is the 3rd phone. I checked the new one and it doesn't have dust, and the screen is not yellow.

The new device compared to my X, it's not yellow, but not so blue - the white is clear white.

I also took pictures in the store with both of the device on same settings: Auto brightness off, True tone off and full brightness.
Picture attached - the one in the left is the old one with yellow screen, the one in the right is the new one.

Also I checked on the website found from a previous post the devices by serial number - pictures attached. The one with yellow screen is the one from week 45, and the one that has the screen white is the one from week 44. It seems that the factory site is not the same.

I know that some people mentioned that there are variances, which I totally agree, however if they have variances with lower quality, do they have variances on the prices as well?!
No they don't! So if they don't accept less money, why should we accept lower quality?!

Thank you for your contribution and I am glad everything worked out for you eventually.

Something is definitely off with the quality control of this generation of iPhone. And to add insult to injury, the AppleStore personale can be extremely unhelpful and sometimes outright rude. I had my share of terrible experience with apple store stuff as well and sometimes I even ask myself if Apple still worth its price tag if it no longer carries its well-regarded quality control and customer service. Seriously, a $1500 phone should work without any issue straight out the box. The customer paying such a premium should not be required to play the QC lottery or spending hours and hours to explain to an apple store stuff why it is unacceptable to have visible dust in a brand new phone.

Enough of rant. Regarding to the serial number, I have seen quite a few demo C39 with good screen, it is from the Foxconn Shenzhen site. However the G6T ones from the same factory are usually terrible. The F17 with yellow screen is from Zhengzhou Foxconn site, which is also where the well-regarded FK1(as well as F2L, which I have also seen some good ones) machines are from. So my question is, is the factory theory still reliable? Should we start to simply use the first 3 digits of serial number instead?

Reactions: Tibits

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Thank you for your contribution and I am glad everything worked out for you eventually.

Something is definitely off with the quality control of this generation of iPhone. And to add insult to injury, the AppleStore personale can be extremely unhelpful and sometimes outright rude. I had my share of terrible experience with apple store stuff as well and sometimes I even ask myself if Apple still worth its price tag if it no longer carries its well-regarded quality control and customer service. Seriously, a $1500 phone should work without any issue straight out the box. The customer paying such a premium should not be required to play the QC lottery or spending hours and hours to explain to an apple store stuff why it is unacceptable to have visible dust in a brand new phone.

Enough of rant. Regarding to the serial number, I have seen quite a few demo C39 with good screen, it is from the Foxconn Shenzhen site. However the G6T ones from the same factory are usually terrible. The F17 with yellow screen is from Zhengzhou Foxconn site, which is also where the well-regarded FK1(as well as F2L, which I have also seen some good ones) machines are from. So my question is, is the factory theory still reliable? Should we start to simply use the first 3 digits of serial number instead?
Mine has F2L serial but there was a screen issue such as not uniform on grey bg on lowest brightness.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Hi all,

The new one has a Samsung pinkish tinge to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.