Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I left the house in slippers yesterday. Got no further than the door mat before I realised. I was of course wearing my usual workwear. I've never left the house in PJ's.
I do own tracksuit bottoms which I wear only for working out. I prefer a pair of jeans or chinos the rest of the time.

Years ago I worked in Gateshead. It was not uncommon to see mothers dropping their kids off at school in pyjama's and a dressing gown. You know so they could get back to bed when they got home.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Went OS before xmas, active wear, pyjamas and trackies are all the go for airports/planes these days, for girls anyway.

Reactions: AlaskaMoose

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Went OS before xmas, active wear, pyjamas and trackies are all the go for airports/planes these days, for girls anyway.
There are several market reports relating to the future of the pajamas market to 2032. Like it or not, pajamas are here to stay, and the future looks bright. The garment industries are actively involved in designing pajamas to be worn both outdoors and private settings. While I don't wear pajamas in public, it bothers me the least if others do. Whatever outwear makes you look or feel "good" (handsome should I say), go for it unless it is made illegal by the "pajama pants police." :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckeee

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
What are you saying people in the country or town don't wear pajama pants? That this is a city thing?

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
What are you saying people in the country or town don't wear pajama pants? That this is a city thing?
Soon we will be surrounded by pajama pant wearers, both in the city and the "country side." Resisting the trend is futile 😅

~just kidding with you!

Reactions: max2

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Soon we will be surrounded by pajama pant wearers, both in the city and the "country side." Resisting the trend is futile 😅

~just kidding with you!
Is it the US not the same? Is it pajama pants in public more common in the north east part of the US than the north west part of the US?

I mean the last time I was in Seattle even sweatpants in public was not that common there unlike the north east part of the US being very common there.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
In my area (Honolulu) you do get some baggy pajama pants, but the trend here is still more towards skin tight leggings, and a revealing top for all occasions. Lately it is also mixing in super tight volleball, or boy shorts to go run errands, these stop at the very top of the thigh.

I am far from a prude, but these outfits leave very little to the imagination. Also if you are going to wear something like that to a decent place, please put in some work at the gym first.

It is a bit odd here because we spend a lot of time at the beach, and are more used to seeing people barely clothed, I myself often run errands on the way back from the gym. However I still am a bit wrinkled when people are over the top casual in every situation, even if makes me slightly hypocritical.

kc9hzn

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2020
Oh no, ohhhhh nooooo…

That’s on a whole ‘nother level!!
Oh but seriously. When you’re outdoors (or driving, or on an airplane), you really ought to wear appropriate footwear. Slippers are hazardous to walk in outdoors (and you’re dragging encounters of all the stuff you walked on outdoors into bed with you, presumably).

J.A.K.

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2023
Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the people in this thread who are noticing all these young girls wearing pyjama pants, are adult men?

• Wow

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the people in this thread who are noticing all these young girls wearing pyjama pants, are adult men?
I just see a bunch of people who should be dressing for being outside the house instead of being lazy/comfortable.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I don’t know about pajama pants, but the yoga pants trend is ok with me

😂☺️
All depends on the shape of the wearer (maybe), although I have known at least one young man who wore those things, and he didn't even have the shape of a ballet dancer wearing tights. A very plump young man, I would say. :)

• Haha
Reactions: bousozoku

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
All depends on the shape of the wearer (maybe), although I have known at least one young man who wore those things, and he didn't even have the shape of a ballet dancer wearing tights. A very plump young man, I would say. :)
I remember a woman in her 70s getting on and off the bus wearing yoga pants. She was exceptionally thin, which wasn't any better than plump.

• Haha

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I remember a woman in her 70s getting on and off the bus wearing yoga pants. She was exceptionally thin, which wasn't any better than plump.
Agree. The wearing of tights and yoga pants could be a sensitive discussion with a lot of people. But if truth should be told, such outfits look the best on women who are in good shape (sort of the slim and maybe fit, I should say?), and who have well-proportioned legs from their ankles to the crutch area. I hope not to offend anybody with my saying, of course. But have seen what I consider "prettily dressed" ladies wearing skirts over tights, so whatever may have been happening to the legs under the skirts is not important to th observer :)

If the upper legs at the thigh area rub agains each other when they walk, it can deteriorate the materials that aren't very thick or strong, and leave large holes behind, plus chafed skin. I once saw a very plump young lady, a student, waking in tights with a large hole at each upper thigh. I felt very sorry for her because I assumed that it was very uncomfortable walking to class in that condition. To make matters worst it was cold that day. And yes, I do understand that the way the wearer feels about himself or herself is a lot more important than what I may think about it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.