Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
One line $25 month ATT Prepaid. 16 GB data.

Not 4 lines, not 3, not even 2, just 1.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
ALL legacy/grandfathered plans will be migrated. I have the same exact plans (SC unlimited promo to be migrated to the Essentials plan ) and the feature code was added by a willing rep within 2 minutes of calling 611.

I hope you took a screenie of that chat and saved it (time stamps and all).. I'd call and try again and keep an eye out!

I definitely took a screenshot. I’ll know for sure tomorrow.

nxt3

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
With cost of living increases due to inflation and demands for wage increase demand by employees to cover their higher cost of living, this trend is expected on many companies to survive and grow. It is hurting all their customers but to survive and grow companies are forced to do this. I feel bad for all affected customers, but this is the current economic condition we are living in. Please hang in there and do the best to manage unfavorable situation.

Those poor poor companies! I hope they make it out of this turmoil with increased profits this last quarter! 😭

carriebeary

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2020
Wow! Thank you for this info. Have been on a military one plan since 2017. Nice that I can opt-out, but I feel like I shouldn't have to. Will give them a buzz. No harm in checking out other carriers too, I guess. Not exactly clamoring to stay with the Magenta lately.
The military plans are not affected. I called and checked.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I talked to T-Mobile yesterday on an unrelated issue. The rep (without being asked) let me know that “you may have heard online about some changes….”

FYI: What she said was that Military Magenta plans are not going to be “upgraded.”

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Right.

So four people going four different places in my house all get to share one line and one phone?

Not going to happen. And prepaid doesn't offer certain features that postpaid does.

Also, that's not unlimited data.
No, you would get 4 lines at a total of $100 bucks a month. How much are you paying now?!

Never mind, enjoy what you got!

Reactions: eyoungren

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Seems like each time you contact T-Mobile support you get a different answer so it is really impossible to tell if any particular group or plan is affected by this change until the change actually happens

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No, you would get 4 lines at a total of $100 bucks a month. How much are you paying now?!

Never mind, enjoy what you got!
Currently, ~$355 a month. But that is for 10 lines, and ~$32 if that is a device payment and insurance. ~$12 is for a Paramount Plus sub.

I dropped two lines over the weekend and the insurance on the phone. So my bill should be around $250 now. Note, this all includes the taxes for each line.

But, not being on prepaid, there are some intrinsic things I am getting as part of the deal.

Reactions: klspahr

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Currently, ~$355 a month. But that is for 10 lines, and ~$32 if that is a device payment and insurance. ~$12 is for a Paramount Plus sub.

I dropped two lines over the weekend and the insurance on the phone. So my bill should be around $250 now. Note, this all includes the taxes for each line.

But, not being on prepaid, there are some intrinsic things I am getting as part of the deal.
Enjoy!

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
Reactions: Chuckeee

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Just contacted T-Mobile via X (Twitter) DM.

Fortunately, T-mobile stated my plan will not be migrated.

I have Simple Choice Unlimited Promotion Plan with multiple lines. I'm thinking maybe cause my plan is a Promo, it won't be affected. So if anyone has a Promo plan, you might not up for migration.

I'm still not completely sold yet, until the 17th ends without receiving that text. 🤞

Here's the copy n paste of the Twitter response.

Interesting. My plan is from 2003 (an old T-Zones plan), I'm guessing we will not be part of this migration either. But I guess I'll find out on the 17th.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So, finally got a response after a day and a half and two messages. My account is not flagged to be migrated so according to the rep I don't need to do anything.

I have also not received a text or email so there is that. Will be keeping an eye on this though.

Reactions: dborja

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
So, finally got a response after a day and a half and two messages. My account is not flagged to be migrated so according to the rep I don't need to do anything.

I have also not received a text or email so there is that. Will be keeping an eye on this though.

No txt or email here either. We have "ONE Plan Unlimited 55" which is not an exact match for what's listed on the reddit thread. I also don't see the migration optout add-on either when I go to Manage Add-ons. Will keep vigilant, though.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Just contacted T-Mobile via X (Twitter) DM.

Fortunately, T-mobile stated my plan will not be migrated.

I have Simple Choice Unlimited Promotion Plan with multiple lines. I'm thinking maybe cause my plan is a Promo, it won't be affected. So if anyone has a Promo plan, you might not up for migration.

I'm still not completely sold yet, until the 17th ends without receiving that text. 🤞

Here's the copy n paste of the Twitter response.

Update: I didn't get a text or email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.