Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning to drop its mask requirements for retail and corporate employees in the United States due to a decline in Covid-19 cases and a relaxation of local mandates, reports Bloomberg.

apple-store-palo-alto.jpg

For vaccinated corporate employees, masks are now optional in regions where local indoor mask mandates have ended. Retail staff in a small number of locations have also been informed that masks will become optional starting on Friday, and as more regions do away with mask mandates, Apple will make masks optional at additional locations.

Though masks are optional for customers and employees in many locations, Apple is still recommending mask usage and providing masks upon request.

Apple in February stopped requiring customers to wear masks in many Apple Store locations across the United States in accordance with changes in local guidelines, and it reintroduced in-person Today at Apple classes this morning.

At the current time, Apple has not yet informed corporate employees of when they might be required to return to the office, but with mask mandates dropping and Google bringing workers back in April, we could hear an update from Apple in the near future.

Article Link: Apple Dropping Mask Mandates for Retail and Corporate Employees

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Though masks are optional for customers and employees in many locations, Apple is still recommending mask usage and providing masks upon request.
They are still going to play it safe. Everyone has different experiences with this all the last many months, there is no blanket trust its gone for businesses that have a 1 on 1 assistance for customers.

Reactions: iGüey

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
In Hong Kong, Apple may just closing all the retail stores mask needed or not. In WA, indoor mask requirement is still in effect till March 12.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
The greatest data question is how do you know when to stop doing something that has no discernible data driven impact on outcomes? Well...now I guess. But better late than never. Thank goodness for omicron the booster everyone got that we may be done with this thing.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm so thrilled to see mandates ending and things getting back to normal. There's a loud minority complaining about mandates ending but, barring another surging variant, I give them just a few months before they give in and join the rest of us who have moved on.

One thing that did change forever for me is that if I'm feeling sick I'll wear a mask out in public. That's something that I think, if it catches on, will reduce the spread of disease.

castlema

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2003
As crowded as my local Apple store is most days I will continue to wear mine when I go in, which is not often. I have had all my shots but economic necessity says I cannot afford to get sick. I will certainly keep wearing it on trains and planes and, as other have said, if I am not feeling well I will stay home. I owe that much to my fellow humans.

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7106e1.htmThe greatest data question is how do you know when to stop doing something that has no discernible data driven impact on outcomes? Well...now I guess. But better late than never. Thank goodness for omicron the booster everyone got that we may be done with this thing.

Masks work

mm7106e1_MaskingEffectiveness_IMAGE_04Feb22_1200x675_1-medium.jpg

And until this pandemic is REALLY over, I fully intend to keep wearing one every time I'm in public. All of you should too.

Also, Omicron isn't a booster, it's a potentially deadly virus. You can get a real booster at your local pharmacy. It's even free! Worked for me, I never got sick.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Masks work

View attachment 1967487

And until this pandemic is REALLY over, I fully intend to keep wearing one every time I'm in public. All of you should too.

Also, Omicron isn't a booster, it's a potentially deadly virus. You can get a real booster at your local pharmacy. It's even free! Worked for me, I never got sick.
Just curious, do you wear a mask outside?

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
Masks work

View attachment 1967487

Only an ******* don't use mask, no matter if have is it's vaccinated or not. You still can get COVID and spread over others. Pandemic is not over yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.