Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdkdue

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2011
Sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend of mine as well. At this point, everybody has lost someone to it. I don't mean to belittle the damage that has taken place. This thing is man-made and it has reaped havoc on our world. My point is that if you want to get vaccinated, do it. If you want to wear a mask, do it. But the Omicron surge shows that people will still get sick with the significant majority having mild symptoms and then recover, especially they've been vaccinated. It's always going to be here, so we have to find a way to live with it without further destroying our economy and wrecking the psychological health of our children.
Brilliant post, nobody thinks about the psychological effect on our children, growing up in a world where they can’t see peoples faces.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
I have one question for you.

With this being your opinion, which of course you are entitled too, when do you ever see this all ending and when do you ever see us having a life where we don’t need to walk around covering our faces?

Covid will never be gone, it will be the same in 2,5,10 years time as it is now.

Does this mean you want to wear a mask for the rest of your life?

Please, I’m not attacking you, I am just trying to understand, because things are not changing anytime soon, the way it is now is the best it’s gonna get.
You are making an awful lot of incorrect assumptions here. I just provided a list of a few reasons that people may care whether other people are masked and vaccinated. They are all certainly more reasonable than the conspiracy theory that I responded to.

It doesn't mean that I want to wear a mask for the rest of my life. I don't know where you got that idea comes from. I said nothing about what I want. I hardly ever wear a mask now. Just when I'm around a lot of random people indoors or if a business requests that I wear one.

As far as your statement that COVID will be same in 2, 5, 10 years as it is now, I doubt that is based on any facts. It could be worse or it could become better as it mutates and more and more people are vaccinated around the world.

As far as your first question, I have no idea when an undefined "ending" will come.

Last edited:

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
The facts are Covid is now no more deadly to a vaccinated person than the flu, where was this rant two years ago before the pandemic when flu viruses were everywhere day in day out?

If you want to live frozen in ‘pandemic time’ then good luck to you, that’s gonna be some happy life for you.

Nobody is “frozen”. There’s a difference between functioning carefully and functioning without any care at all. I can’t comprehend people who don’t comprehend this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.