Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Masks work

View attachment 1967487

And until this pandemic is REALLY over, I fully intend to keep wearing one every time I'm in public. All of you should too.

Also, Omicron isn't a booster, it's a potentially deadly virus. You can get a real booster at your local pharmacy. It's even free! Worked for me, I never got sick.
There's an asterisk down at the bottom that says "Not statistically significant".

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Wait until you find out doctors/nurses, people with weakened immune systems, and construction/manufacturing professionals have been wearing masks well before the pandemic.
Don't forget all categories of public safety personnel. Police, Firefighters, EMT. There is as you named a broad amount of the population that does their jobs wearing masks part of the time so iPhone unlock mask feature isn't too late.

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
Masks work

View attachment 1967487

And until this pandemic is REALLY over, I fully intend to keep wearing one every time I'm in public. All of you should too.

Also, Omicron isn't a booster, it's a potentially deadly virus. You can get a real booster at your local pharmacy. It's even free! Worked for me, I never got sick.
That's the point though, right? If you want to wear a mask, you can! No one is stopping you.

The expectation to not ever get sick again is unrealistic and delusional. There are many things that are "potentially deadly," but living in a free society means that you can make a cost benefit analysis and do whatever you feel like you need to do to protect yourself and your family. Omicron proved that just testing positive at this point is a worthless measurement. It's time to get back to life.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Masks work

View attachment 1967487

* Fine print: Not statistically significant

* CDC’s own study as well as others showed masks were ineffective

* The second study the CDC pushes was botched so badly that no scientist takes it seriously. Even worse, they got caught using language from the teacher’s union for their guidance, proving it was politically motivated. They have recently been contacted by Congress to explain pushing masks on children with their “nonsensical” science

* Here’s a visual demonstration of just how ineffective masks are

* Face masks are devastating for the environment. Every minute of the day we throw away 3 million face masks. Many end up as potentially toxic micro- and nanoplastic or carriers for other toxicants in the environment.

* CDC has waffled multiple times on masks and pretty much everything else related to Covid since the endemic began

So no, all of us should not be wearing masks. But if it makes you happy, by all means, please go right ahead. Just don’t go around telling others what to do because of your own fears.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I still wear a mask in stores. Many do. I believe mask wearing is here to stay in some form for good. In Asia mask wearing was quite commonplace on public transport etc before the pandemic. Personally I very rarely use public transport anyway.
I don’t see wearing a mask as a big problem. It’s just not worth the risk for me.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I still wear a mask in stores. Many do. I believe mask wearing is here to stay in some form for good. In Asia mask wearing was quite commonplace on public transport etc before the pandemic. Personally I very rarely use public transport anyway.
I don’t see wearing a mask as a big problem. It’s just not worth the risk for me.
Then don’t take that risk if you’re worried. Nothing wrong with that.

In fact, that’s the point everyone has been making since the start - do whatever you want. Want to wear a mask? Go for it. Want to keep getting boosters? Go for it. Want to lockdown? Go for it. Just don’t subject the way you want to live your life on others (not saying you ever have, just speaking generally).

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Then don’t take that risk if you’re worried. Nothing wrong with that.

In fact, that’s the point everyone has been making since the start - do whatever you want. Want to wear a mask? Go for it. Want to keep getting boosters? Go for it. Want to lockdown? Go for it. Just don’t subject the way you want to live your life on others (not saying you ever have, just speaking generally).
Exactly. If a place is rammed I’ll not be going. Truth is I don’t need to go into the Apple store. 99% of my purchases are done online these days. If I do go to a physical store, it’s always when they open when it’s quietest.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
* Fine print: Not statistically significant

* CDC’s own study as well as others showed masks were ineffective

* The second study the CDC pushes was botched so badly that no scientist takes it seriously. Even worse, they got caught using language from the teacher’s union for their guidance, proving it was politically motivated. They have recently been contacted by Congress to explain pushing masks on children with their “nonsensical” science

* Here’s a visual demonstration of just how ineffective masks are

* Face masks are devastating for the environment. Every minute of the day we throw away 3 million face masks. Many end up as potentially toxic micro- and nanoplastic or carriers for other toxicants in the environment.

* CDC has waffled multiple times on masks and pretty much everything else related to Covid since the endemic began

So no, all of us should not be wearing masks. But if it makes you happy, by all means, please go right ahead. Just don’t go around telling others what to do because of your own fears.
Ineffective is not the same limited effectiveness, which is what the CDC said in their study quoted in May 2020. In the early days of the pandemic, limited effectiveness was much better than not effective because there was no other tool in place.

ScottishDuck

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
E8CA4151-3D13-4599-9287-1743846307CD.jpeg

iGüey

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2020
Mexico City
Oh good. I'm pretty sure that there are very few people left that are still afraid of this thing
Unfortunately a very close relative of my wife just died in February 15th from Covid…. She was fully vaccinated and boosted, so to be honest, this has not reached its end yet, and the true is that thousands of people is still dying worldwide day to day, so this is still a roulette (although we agree or not), that’s the ugly and raw true. So better to keep care of ourselves, given that we don’t know how well our bodies will react to a contagion even if we are fully vaccinated.

PLEASE NOTE: I’m not justifying to be afraid, I’m just talking about keeping those cares which allows us to meet a reasonable balance between being safe and feel comfortable ourselves.

hetrigger

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Texas
Unfortunately a very close relative of my wife just died in February 15th from Covid…. She was fully vaccinated and boosted, so to be honest, this has not reached its end yet, and the true is that thousands of people is still dying worldwide day to day, so this is still a roulette (although we agree or not), that’s the ugly and raw true. So better to keep care of ourselves, given that we don’t know how well our bodies will react to a contagion even if we are fully vaccinated.

PLEASE NOTE: I’m not justifying to be afraid, I’m just talking about keeping those cares which allows us to meet a reasonable balance between being safe and feel comfortable ourselves.
First off, my condolences. Secondly, that is the problem with masks and the "vaccine". You can still wear one or four and get it. You can be "vaccinated" and boosted...and still get it. I for one would love to see what the pre existing conditions were of those that have died of covid. Could it have been a contributing factor...sure. I have seen so many people that are not wearing masks properly...or they wear the same one for days on end. Depending on the mask, they only last 4-8 hours. It depends on the box statement. People were wearing knitted masks...I don't know what that would stop.

I had a friend that died as well of covid. He also had copd. It begs to question: which did he really die of...covid? Or copd? or both? I think the certificate said covid...but is that really true? Was it a contributing factor? Sure. Until we are told the truth of people that died that had pre existing conditions or not...can anyone say for certain?

IF you look at the shot record for the "vaccine"...there are more than two lines for the shots...was this the plan all along? Or were they not certain that 2 shots would do what they thought it would do? No one will ever say in this life time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.