Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Free healthcare in the UK means that we haven’t thought about Covid for a very long time. UK gave 21 free at home tests per month to each person 1.5 years before the US gave 2 for everyone. I think the last restrictions here was lifted over a year ago. Sad to see the richest state in history in the richest country in history is still dealing with this…all over a lie that free healthcare will completely backup the healthcare system. We in Europe are not as brilliant as you all in the states and have figured it out. Is it perfect? No, but what you’re going through is in deep need of change.
What an enormous waste of money. No wonder everything is so expensive over there. In two years I've taken exactly one test, I was forced for a Dinosaur Jr. show. Never mind the fact that 100% of the vaccinated could have been carrying the active virus. Complete idiocracy.

Why are we told to cover our mouths and turn away before sneezing? And don’t say it’s only to prevent us from spraying others with snot.
😂 Answer the question without giving me the reason. Double negative is proof positive. 🙄

Reactions: KPOM

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
We (US) are still averaging over 350 deaths per day to Covid. So.. image a 747 going down every day killing all aboard, would that get your attention?

FFS.. when did we become a country that stopped giving a 💩?
As long as I'm not on it, no.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
A lot of people still wear masks on the subway.

They do. I guess my hyperbole was too much. What they definitely don’t do though, is enforce it. It’s a question of crowd levels for me. Rush hour, on; space available, it stays in the pocket.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Don't want to catch the cold your coworker has? Do what you can to avoid catching it. That's on you.

But ask yourself, why is your coworker at work while sick? Why aren't they taking sick leave? That's where you should be directing your energy: at the regulations in place that allow a sick worker to be on the job, rather than being told to stay home until they get better.

People can have and spread Covid without appearing sick

Reactions: leahptp and EyeTack

BrownyQ

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2021
USA
People can have and spread Covid without appearing sick
You know what else that sounds like? A common cold.

Again, do what you feel you must to minimize your chances of getting sick. But understand that it's not anyone else's responsibility to prevent you from getting sick. This insistence on mandating others to care about your own well-being is laughable.

Would you like to dictate and mandate charity and goodwill next?

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2013
That’s what the mask zealots have been doing. Japan is recording close to 400,000 “cases” daily. Mask usage was high before, during, and after the pandemic.

Would you use chain-link fencing (surgical mask) to block mosquitoes? How about chicken wire (N95)? Surgical masks don’t filter air. They just redirect air and block droplets. Viruses spread through aerosols. N95 is meant to block dust and particulates, not viruses. That’s why study after study shows no effect.
First off close to 400,000 cases daily? What is your source. Not even close.

Attachments

• 49B3C7BF-0778-4701-92A1-64A77D89BDA0.jpeg
    49B3C7BF-0778-4701-92A1-64A77D89BDA0.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
You know what else that sounds like? A common cold.

Again, do what you feel you must to minimize your chances of getting sick. But understand that it's not anyone else's responsibility to prevent you from getting sick. This insistence on mandating others to care about your own well-being is laughable.

Would you like to dictate and mandate charity and goodwill next?

Common colds don't kill hundreds of thousands of people.

It's nice that you're not selfish, self centered and are concerned about your fellow man and possibly getting them sick though.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
They do. I guess my hyperbole was too much. What they definitely don’t do though, is enforce it. It’s a question of crowd levels for me. Rush hour, on; space available, it stays in the pocket.

That part is true. NYPD has never enforced it because they were the main violators, esp during peak COVID. I will wear on the train 100% of the time since COVID gave me a heart condition that I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. On the platform, if it's crowded, I will still wear it. I'm lucky to be remote for work and don't actually have to take it often anymore and only ride when necessary.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006

It's nice that you're not selfish, self centered and are concerned about your fellow man and possibly getting them sick though.
The virtue signalling like work culture has reach some levels, people concerned about doing the right thing and worrying about others while chiming about saving the planet from carbon dioxide emissions and not looking at the sum of it all for example using child labour to mine Cobalt or massive amounts of water to extract Lithium, but hey whatever the media and government propaganda machines are pushing and the illusion of the masses being onboard is all good. Give yourself a gold star for being a good little brick in the wall. 😁

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Why are we told to cover our mouths and turn away before sneezing? And don’t say it’s only to prevent us from spraying others with snot.
People who are sick need to wear a mask to avoid getting others sick. But because of people who don’t care about others, some people who are not sick choose to wear a mask and keep their distance, etc.
I don’t need to read a RCT to prove it. I’ve been seeing it happen with people I know. Only this past week, 7 got sick, and they all live in different places, so it’s not a case of a group of people that got infected together.
There’s a lot of people who are still contagious wondering at stores and other places, but because they did their 5 day quarantine, don’t bother to wear a mask, and are getting others infected.

Edit: add two more to the list, and I was with them the day before they showed symptoms. But i didn’t get sick. Could it be because I was wearing a mask?
I guess in this perfect world other things respiratory agitators do not exists like allergies from environment, pollen, post nasal drip, smoking, food reactions, etc. Got it, must all be COVID-19.

Reactions: Boyyai

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006

If only the numbers of infected and death were not so inflated due to payouts. Sad as it maybe hospitals cashed in those bonus payouts for labelling anything COVID-19 and attach a respirator to it.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Show me an RCT that shows that masks of any kind reduce the spread of respiratory viruses.
Lol, that poster will be unable to and have settled on a side regardless if right or wrong it’s part of the human ego unfortunately. Regardless the “foegen effect” sides with your sentiment.

Reactions: Boyyai

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
If you post something, please make sure to post the complete concept:
“Foegen Effect Theory”
And a theory is not a proven fact. Check a dictionary and you will see.
High mortality rate in Kansas? Could it be that the people there worn the same mask every day, kept it in a plastic bag, and didn’t follow direction on how to use a mask?
If you look at it he instructions for a N95 Mask you will notice a warning that says that not using a mask properly could cause injury or death.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
If only the numbers of infected and death were not so inflated due to payouts. Sad as it maybe hospitals cashed in those bonus payouts for labelling anything COVID-19 and attach a respirator to it.
How much did a doctor make when he lied and said someone died from covid? Please give me a number.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.