Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Are you so bitter about the fact that we finally got a non faulty keyboard in laptops that you’re now pre-emptively trolling anyone who dare take issue with this speaker problem?

P.S. It wasnt a ‘massive’ performance boost. Not sure where you got that.

I'm bitter that Apple continues to waste time trying to please people who will always find faults in everything they do. The future of Mac is iPad, it's time to turn off the taps and stop funding Mac products.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Brilliantly put! Thank you!! Sick of seeing people like this littering these forums. Makes one begin to wonder if Apple has plants. I'd hate to think they would ever stoop that low. I am sure it's nothing more than obsessed fanatics who sniff Apple product boxes. LOL
If there are three Apple-fan plants there must be something like 300 Apple-hate plants LOL. I give baymowe a break because it does get tiresome seeing the same piling-on posts from the usual suspects whenever there’s an issue, real or imagined, with an Apple product. Many don’t have the product and have never experienced any problem, but they’re the first in line to yell and scream. (Not directed at you anaudiopro.) Many times their concern trolling is couched as “holding Apple accountable”.

That said, it’s a problem and Apple is working on a fix. No amount of complaining here on MR has any effect whatsoever on that process, but people like to air their grievances. Everybody will be happier when it’s fixed, except the Apple-hate crowd. But there’s always something for them to bitch about so they’ll be ok lol.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Why isn’t it obvious to everyone that Apple has been releasing MacBooks for the last few years with this exact same issue. My 2018 MBP included.

BigBoy2018

Suspended
Oct 23, 2018
I'm bitter that Apple continues to waste time trying to please people who will always find faults in everything they do. The future of Mac is iPad, it's time to turn off the taps and stop funding Mac products.

Sorry if not all of us kiss apple’s ass for everything they say and do.

• Love
Reactions: decypher44

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
The future of Mac is certainly not iPad, though tablet computers have a bright future. But you’re always going to be able to get much more performance in a laptop than a tablet, just like you can get higher performance from a desktop than a laptop. The laws of thermodynamics are not repealable.

But there will always be people complaining; if every Mac disappeared tomorrow they’d just be complaining about iPad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BigBoy2018

Suspended
Oct 23, 2018
You took it back...because of this???

Not usually on your side of things ol’ danny, but yea - taking it back because of something that will very likely be fixed via software update fairly soon is kinda silly
[automerge]1575673847[/automerge]
Quite clearly it's you that hasn't, i've been part of grammy nominated projects - anyone saying built in speakers on a laptop are a serious problem for audio work is either trolling or talking nonsense.
Agreed, when doing legit audio monitoring for videos its a set of high end Bose noise cancelling headphones for me.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Apple releases a universally acclaimed new MacBook Pro with a huge battery, massive performance boost, radically improved keyboard, and surprise surprise, some people are still not happy.

Ummm if you paid a lot of money do you want to hear a popping sound while scrubbing thru video? Although I agree with everything else about the improvements except for the battery. In daily use I have not seen a noticeable battery improvement. I think this is due to MacOS Catalina being buggy. Often I see MacOS system processes taking 100% of CPU usage which is definitely having an impact on battery.

Reactions: decypher44

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Oh boy... SMH. You might wanna do a LOT more research before cheerleading and rushing to the defense of Apple.

Maybe you need to do some research. Apple ships nearly half a billion devices a year. With that kind of scale there is always going to be some problem to report.

Even if 100,000 people a year have a significant defect, that's less than .02%. Compare that to the 1% of all new cars that are produced with defects that render them lemons under federal law.

In any case, Apple repairs every single device under warranty, and many that aren't.

Get a grip on reality.
[automerge]1575674339[/automerge]
Ummm if you paid a lot of money do you want to hear a popping sound while scrubbing thru video?

No, you don't. So you take it to Apple and get it exchanged or replaced.

Grow up people.

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
I'm rather confused currently. So I've researched Intel CPUs for the next few years and cannot find any reference to a H-Series 45w CPU with integrated Thunderbolt. So far it's rumored that Icelake, Tigerlake and Rocketlake (only 125w but likely to get limited, nor integrated Thunderbolt) are not H-Series 45w CPUs, so that must mean 2022 is when we get another H-Series refresh after Cometlake (2020 but not integrated Thunderbolt).

I was hoping we'd get a CPU with integrated Thunderbolt before 2022 but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Last edited:

nm2124

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019
From someone who owns the 16" MacBook Pro and is a pro video editor, this is an extremely annoying bug so I am very glad that they caught it and attention has been brought to it.

I have noticed it editing in both Final Cut X and Premier Pro, a loud popping noise while scrubbing through footage.

It also makes the popping noise even scrubbing through YouTube videos. I am about to update to the newest Cataline beta and will report if it solves the issue.

shadzarzadbrillaa

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2015
Definitely had this issue but on a Mac Pro 5,1 running Mojave. Making a new user got rid of it but only temporarily. - Tried using different audio outputs - Was initially coming from the line out 1/8" audio jack, then tried using an Apogee Duet 2 audio interface - Issue persisted then. Strange that this article only references the new 16" MBP.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Love it.... One minor issue pops up on the new MacBook Pro and various members start losing their minds over a fixable issue. Fortunately the MacRumors rhetoric doesn’t represent the majority of consumers who are perfectly happy with their 16 inch MacBook Pro, with Apple already looking into the issue. Move along.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
From someone who owns the 16" MacBook Pro and is a pro video editor, this is an extremely annoying bug so I am very glad that they caught it and attention has been brought to it.

I have noticed it editing in both Final Cut X and Premier Pro, a loud popping noise while scrubbing through footage.

It also makes the popping noise even scrubbing through YouTube videos. I am about to update to the newest Cataline beta and will report if it solves the issue.
Beta 4 reportedly solves the issue, please do report back either way :)

dspdoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2017
Love it.... One minor issue pops up on the new MacBook Pro and various members start losing their minds over a fixable issue. Fortunately the MacRumors rhetoric doesn’t represent the majority of consumers who are perfectly happy with their 16 inch MacBook Pro, with Apple already looking into the issue. Move along.
Not minor. Stop speaking for everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.