Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
It depends what you need... if you describe what you're looking for, it would help to evaluate that for you.

For my personal needs bunq has (although I did enjoy the app and the overall user experience, better than N26 or Revolut imho) too much on offer. I can live with the overcrowded Revolut app for FX, Monese is quite good and Monzo / Starling are great options if you're in the UK.

I do like some of the Metal features Revolut has, but looking at the price I'd rather get a deluxe credit card with some added perks there and choose one of the many superior free fintechs on offer. Let's be honest: Few people are going to start moving large amounts of money or there salary/business via let's say N26 or Revolut.

Honestly a lot of the older banks have caught up or are even ahead in some points. The UI and UX has greatly improved and continually expanding Apple Pay support by banks has taken the exclusivity away from Fintechs and first mover banks.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Looks like Amazon LBB app is incoming and Apple Pay with that as well
bc78e787677fe4b92152ba267254a945.jpg

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
I did read somewhere that LBB said Apple Pay for their cobrand cards is coming somewhere in Q1 2020

Tobsen

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2002
Germany
Maybe I have something new. ?

Since some days a friend of mine has the appearance of Apple Cash on his German iPhone. Siri lists on my iPad send money.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• AppleCash1.png
    AppleCash1.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 199
  • AppleCash2.png
    AppleCash2.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 183
  • AppleCash3.jpeg
    AppleCash3.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 230

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
The option for Apple Pay Cash has been on German iPhones for an eternity. But you never could verify yourself since you are being asked to verify with your social security number which we don’t have.

Last edited:

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Since some days a friend of mine has the appearance of Apple Cash on his German iPhone. Siri lists on my iPad send money.

Anyone else?

When you had set your region to USA sometime, Apple Pay cash will appear in your settings and stay here, even when you change your region back.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
I hope that Apple Cash will be launched soon(ish). But whenever Apple Card launches (and Tim Cook did explicitly say, that it was coming to Europe and to Germany), Apple Cash will have to launch as that's the only way to collect the rewards.

But I also assume that the current situation will have slowed down any plans for a further expansion of the service.

br403

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2019
Munich, Germany
I´m not expecting the Apple Card or Apple Cash in the next two years. I would love to see that, but I don´t believe it will happen anytime soon.

Nütztjanix

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2019
Germany
I´m not expecting the Apple Card or Apple Cash in the next two years. I would love to see that, but I don´t believe it will happen anytime soon.
If the time that passed until we finally got Pay is any indication, it might take another 2-4 years ...

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Advancia has updated their terms and on new thing is

"Hinterlegung der Kreditkarte in E-Wallet Diensten von Drittanbietern"

So it seems one or more XXXpay services could start soon.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
We will need the forthcoming Girocard with MC branding. The last info I read: Android, Apple later.

Nah, it’s irrelevant if you have the Maestro or MasterCard version. Both are gonna work over the Girocard network and MasterCard/Maestro support is arriving later.

And the “Android first, Apple later” was said for the Debit MC/Girocard because they first said the card will arrive in June, so mobile payment will work with android from the get go over girocard, and Apple Pay support will arrive later. But later they changed the launch date to October without changing the rest of the info.

Reactions: 4254126

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Nah, it’s irrelevant if you have the Maestro or MasterCard version. Both are gonna work over the Girocard network and MasterCard/Maestro support is arriving later.

And the “Android first, Apple later” was said for the Debit MC/Girocard because they first said the card will arrive in June, so mobile payment will work with android from the get go over girocard, and Apple Pay support will arrive later. But later they changed the launch date to October without changing the rest of the info.
Both are gonna work, but the "old" Girocard with Apple Pay? Some on the internet are not so sure about that anymore. What? October?! Any sources? I have not read anything about that, which does not mean that you are not right.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Both are gonna work, but the "old" Girocard with Apple Pay? Some on the internet are not so sure about that anymore. What? October?! Any sources? I have not read anything about that, which does not mean that you are not right.

Those rumors ore wrong because they think that the “new” Girocard will enable Apple Pay using MasterCard Debit - meaning you could only use the MasterCard part of the card in Apple Pay - which is wrong. When Girocard comes to Apple Pay, it’ll in the beginning only work at places that support Girocard - over the Girocard network. Even the “old” Maestro Girocards will be supported since Apple Pay will work over Girocard network only.

This is the source:

And as already said, this paragraph is now not true anymore:
MOBILES BEZAHLEN MIT DEM SMARTPHONE

Zur Produkteinführung ist das mobile Bezahlen mit Android für die girocard möglich. Mobiles Bezahlen mit dem Co-Badge Debit Mastercard sowie Bezahlen mit Apple Pay werden zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt bereitgestellt.

Apple Pay is still probably to arrive in the next 1-2 months.

Reactions: PR1985

tobyx

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Berlin, Germany
Does anyone know when Solarisbank is going to launch Apple Pay? Maybe some insider information? This would be very interesting to Tomorrow and Vivid (launched this Monday) users. Vivid had "Apple Pay soon" in their press release, so something's happening behind the scenes.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Does anyone know when Solarisbank is going to launch Apple Pay? Maybe some insider information? This would be very interesting to Tomorrow and Vivid (launched this Monday) users. Vivid had "Apple Pay soon" in their press release, so something's happening behind the scenes.

They were supposed to launch End of May, but it seems they have corona issues too.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.