Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
9A0A59EF-CD17-4EB1-9C41-DC3155E81C04.png
So nice to see after so long!

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I know that Marcus (GS) has global ambitions with the card, but I don't know if it's separate from the Apple-GS JV.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
It’s been 3 years since Apple Pay Cash was released in the USA. It’s clearly not coming to the UK or anywhere else now. Yet another feature that will just be a USA exclusive.
I was so looking forward to it, it would have been very useful. Shame.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
It’s been 3 years since Apple Pay Cash was released in the USA. It’s clearly not coming to the UK or anywhere else now. Yet another feature that will just be a USA exclusive.
I was so looking forward to it, it would have been very useful. Shame.
Time to just forget about Apple Pay Cash and Apple Card and just be thankful they released Apple Pay outside the USA lol.

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
Haven’t been to Asda for a few weeks but paid a visit yesterday. On the self service checkout they had some POS that said they now support Apple Pay for any amount.
That's good news. I've also just learnt about the Tesco change - not shopped there for nearly five months which is strange thinking about as used to be in a couple of times a week on way home from work.

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
It's amazing just how many companies still don't support the limitless Apple Pay/Google Pay.

The Range
B&M Bargains

Very frustrating, I now tell the cashier to split the items, I refuse to get my card out if they don't support the full payment !

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
It's amazing just how many companies still don't support the limitless Apple Pay/Google Pay.

The Range
B&M Bargains

Very frustrating, I now tell the cashier to split the items, I refuse to get my card out if they don't support the full payment !
B&M do support Apple Pay over the normal contactless amount. I’m not sure what their upper limit is but I have paid with my watch for totals of over £60 a few times recently, all without issue.

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada

The Range
B&M Bargains

At least most places in the UK have it, I’ve only come across a couple of places (other than Apple) that actually support the consumer device verification method here in Canada. I feel like the high regular contactless limit ($250 for most stores but some like Costco and Real Canadian Superstore support $400) has put off retailers from bothering. To make things worse some companies here like MBNA, will decline transactions above $250 even it is supported and Interac (the domestic debit card network) don’t even support CDCVM.

It is definitely one thing I miss about living in the UK.

Cassandle

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2020
I'm just gutted that 24 months 0% finance on purchases ended on Saturday. On Sunday morning I was all set to buy the iPad Pro 12.9 with Magic Keyboard and Pencil only to see that it had stopped and now I'd have to pay an extra £300 in interest :(

Hopefully it will be back soon...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.