Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hudzilla95

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2019
UK
Pets at Home have it, worked fine until I had to swap one item for a cheaper item. The terminal kept coming up with an error when I scanned my phone (same device I paid with), had to get the balance put onto a gift card.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
E61EC642-9652-4401-8285-47D7C63657CD.jpeg
Wonder how long it is before Apple realise their error on the Apple Store App?

kyussmondo

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
UK
I am not sure whether there with be an Apple Card in the UK. In the US, Apple partnered with Goldman Sachs, who have not offered credit cards in the past. Apple Card in the UK and even Apple Cash in Messages very much relies on Apple being able to find a UK bank to partner with. I don't believe Apple Card or even Apple Cash has been a huge success in the US so I doubt any UK banks are that bothered or willing to accept Apple's terms.

It reminds me of the original iPhone, AT&T and later O2 were the only two carriers willing to agree to Apple's terms and it wasn't until iPhone became a huge success that other networks were all willing to accept Apple's terms. But people are not lining up for Apple Card the same way they did for iPhones.

Personally, I have no real use for Apple Card and don't see how it is much different to Starling which I use at the moment, which already has an excellent iOS app. The only thing I don't have is a metal card, but I can live without that.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I am not sure whether there with be an Apple Card in the UK. In the US, Apple partnered with Goldman Sachs, who have not offered credit cards in the past. Apple Card in the UK and even Apple Cash in Messages very much relies on Apple being able to find a UK bank to partner with. I don't believe Apple Card or even Apple Cash has been a huge success in the US so I doubt any UK banks are that bothered or willing to accept Apple's terms.

It reminds me of the original iPhone, AT&T and later O2 were the only two carriers willing to agree to Apple's terms and it wasn't until iPhone became a huge success that other networks were all willing to accept Apple's terms. But people are not lining up for Apple Card the same way they did for iPhones.

Personally, I have no real use for Apple Card and don't see how it is much different to Starling which I use at the moment, which already has an excellent iOS app. The only thing I don't have is a metal card, but I can live without that.
I use Starling as well, only reason I'd get the Apple Card is for the metal card because it's "cool", the novelty would surely wear off then I'd just use it as a normal credit card.

johnsmclean

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Apple Pay Cash has appeared in Messages for me on iPad. Have it set to USA region, but even so never happened before.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Really hope they do not use Barclays as their finance partner. Reading horror stories on iUp process and approvals.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Really hope they do not use Barclays as their finance partner. Reading horror stories on iUp process and approvals.

What horror stories have you been reading? I haven’t had an issue with Barclays on IUP since they launched in the UK.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
What horror stories have you been reading? I haven’t had an issue with Barclays on IUP since they launched in the UK.
Have a read through the iPhone 12 UK order thread, loads of people having problems with approvals, renewing, delays and being declined. 2 hour wait on their customer help lines.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Have a read through the iPhone 12 UK order thread, loads of people having problems with approvals, renewing, delays and being declined. 2 hour wait on their customer help lines.

Ah I see. Luckily I decided against upgrading this year due to this delay and some other personal choices. Hopefully things will get better next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.