Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
I have had to get a new Tesco Clubcard. The last one worked in Apple Wallet fine, but, it now seems that the new card cannot be added to Wallet. I thought it might be me, but, looking at the Apple Store most recent reviews I do not think so. Anybody else had the same problem. Maybe it is just a glitch with the app.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
Just had a look through my transactions, >£45 is now supported by ASDA.

I never spend enough to find out, but they aren’t advertising it in mine.

Here’s the new card reader I mentioned

Attachments

• BFC5203C-ED46-488A-B280-B27AFA160D85.jpeg
    BFC5203C-ED46-488A-B280-B27AFA160D85.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 83

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
I have had to get a new Tesco Clubcard. The last one worked in Apple Wallet fine, but, it now seems that the new card cannot be added to Wallet. I thought it might be me, but, looking at the Apple Store most recent reviews I do not think so. Anybody else had the same problem. Maybe it is just a glitch with the app.
Hi Furzul,

Some customers were experiencing issues adding Clubcard to the Wallet app so they turned the feature off. I enquired on our Yammer site to see if they were looking into a fix and adding it back on but it would appear not.

Have downloaded the Stocard app myself instead now to access it that way.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Hi Furzul,

Some customers were experiencing issues adding Clubcard to the Wallet app so they turned the feature off. I enquired on our Yammer site to see if they were looking into a fix and adding it back on but it would appear not.

Have downloaded the Stocard app myself instead now to access it that way.
I wondered if it was more to do with trying to get people to use the Tesco pay+ app rather than Apple Pay.

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
For those who use Amex and visit Costa, I’ve just had an email to say they won’t accept it from 12th May. Rather annoying as Amex is my default card on Apple Pay, although I am used to it not working elsewhere when where shops do accept Amex.

Last edited:

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Could well be. I rarely use Pay+ so I’ll just have to carry on using Stocard ??‍♂️
I use one called ‘Pass2UWallet’ which works fine. Puts the Tesco Clubcard in the wallet. I must admit I am a bit twitchy about having my CC/Debit cards stored all over the place. PayPal and Apple wallet, that is about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: iGeek2019

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Could well be. I rarely use Pay+ so I’ll just have to carry on using Stocard ??‍♂️
There is a update for the app (9.2.7). According to write up it has reinstated the ability to add Clubcard to Apple wallet. I may be a bit thick but I still cannot see how it is done. Is it just me or can anybody else add it?

Reactions: drlunanerd

jaack

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2016
There is a update for the app (9.2.7). According to write up it has reinstated the ability to add Clubcard to Apple wallet. I may be a bit thick but I still cannot see how it is done. Is it just me or can anybody else add it?
Same here, can't see it

Reactions: Furzul

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
They’ve updated the Clubcard app and the release notes infer that they’ve fixed the ‘Add Clubcard to Wallet’ issue but it’s not showing as an option for me yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.