Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
I’m hoping for a speedy release of 14.5. Do we know if along with unlocking your phone with Apple Watch if you can use Apple Pay on your phone and auth with the watch? I have just been using my watch but it’s awkward holding it over the hard reader and would rather use my phone ?

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
I’m hoping for a speedy release of 14.5. Do we know if along with unlocking your phone with Apple Watch if you can use Apple Pay on your phone and auth with the watch? I have just been using my watch but it’s awkward holding it over the hard reader and would rather use my phone ?

If I’ve understood correctly from the articles on MacRumors it would appear not but who knows what the future will bring.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
My financial circumstances means it’ll be a very cold day in Hell before I ever get to consider an Apple Card but it’s a shame it’s not available to those of us outside of the USA who would like to get their hands on one.

Most of the people I know have an iPhone so I’m hoping we’ll get to see Apple Pay Cash at some point ??.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
If they could just do a blanket 0.5% that'd be great. Maybe a 1% for Apple purchases. Basically the same as the Amex cash back card.

They'd have to make a deal with Amex, then, rather than it being a Mastercard. Mastercard interchange fees are 0.3% - there's no room for 0.5% cashback.

Reactions: d123

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
They'd have to make a deal with Amex, then, rather than it being a Mastercard. Mastercard interchange fees are 0.3% - there's no room for 0.5% cashback.
Cobranded AmEx cards are subject to the same interchange fee cap as Visa & MC. So that wouldn’t work either.

Reactions: d123

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Again, I said the same cash back rewards, not no cash back rewards.

So you want Apple to come up with a card in partnership with a bank that offers 0.5% cash back on a card which can legally charge no more than 0.3% interchange fee?

ok…

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
So you want Apple to come up with a card in partnership with a bank that offers 0.5% cash back on a card which can legally charge no more than 0.3% interchange fee?

ok…
What are you talking about? I haven’t mentioned any numbers. I just say they could do something different.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
So exactly what “something different” do you think they can do? Remembering the maximum interchange fee is now 0.3%…
I honestly couldn't care less what they do, I'd get the Apple Card just for the integration with the Wallet app as my current CC providers app is trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.