Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Been using a cork and lucite drink coaster as my "stand" for 18 months. The cute factor of this one is tempting me, but like so many stands it will look strange when empty. That said, I like that it could support the weight of my link bracelet and the soft flexible face won't scratch my Watch.

http://www.elagostore.com/stand/w-stand/w3-stand/est-wt3-wh.html

6NlQjql.jpg

Last edited:

Mattymoocow

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010

SidBoggle

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Bucks, UK
Been using a cork and lucite drink coaster as my "stand" for 18 months. The cute factor of this one is tempting me, but like so many stands it will look strange when empty. That said, I like that it could support the weight of my link bracelet and the soft flexible face won't scratch my Watch.

http://www.elagostore.com/stand/w-stand/w3-stand/est-wt3-wh.html

6NlQjql.jpg

I picked up one of these today and it is fantastic. I also thought it didn't look so good empty so I printed off a screen and stuck it on some foam. I just slip it out when I want to charge the watch. Also took the opportunity to print a tiny apple logo. What a geek! Ha ha.

69439102830e9d47003e8a2d0a8ebf23.jpg
5f340e15942716c1a57cefacb147629e.jpg

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Picked up the black belkin valet as well. From looking at pictures and the box I thought the base would be really wide, but it's actually pretty compact.... it's a great looking stand and the build quality feels amazing. Loving it so far.... the price was a little tough to swallow but like others have said you get what you pay for

IMG_0535.JPG

Reactions: BrianSoCal

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
Picked up the black belkin valet as well. From looking at pictures and the box I thought the base would be really wide, but it's actually pretty compact.... it's a great looking stand and the build quality feels amazing. Loving it so far.... the price was a little tough to swallow but like others have said you get what you pay for

View attachment 687054
Yes I agree. I bought the silver one of these exact model belkin docks aswell. I do love how this one is adjustable for being used in conjunction with any type of case (unlike most docks, where the connector usually restricts it). But I have three iPhones though, so with how expensive this belkin one is (99 bucks each) I couldn't bring myself to by three of these, or it would have been like 300 bucks! So for my other two I just use my good old reliable Orzly DuoStands. (much cheaper, and can use any case with it aswell due to the iPhone part being your actually lightning cable, rather than the restrictive connector that most dock uses). The AppleWatch section still docks as a proper dock though, and the lightning cable has a slot to stop the cable flapping about, so I'm pretty happy with the current setup.

I do like this belkin one though. The only thing that l don't like about the belkin one (besides the price) is that you have to use their special power unit rather than being able to plug it into USB, and the power unit part that you plug into the home socket is mega bulky, so tends to be a socket hog. So I'm much more limited to where I can use that one. As the Orzly docks let me use usb, I can use those docks just about anywhere. (my other two iPhones are basically hooked up to a nice small convenient multi-usb hub, so I can fit both of them on my desk at work without any problems, and my belkin one is just used as a spare in the kitchen now where I have the kind of socket space that can fit it. it's a shame really, as other than that part, the belkin one would have been perfect, so am a bit gutted that I can't use it everywhere as well as I can the others (especially given how much I paid for it).

But they're both nice docks in their own way. (A hybrid version of the two would have been excellent though, so belkin if you're listening, next time please make a version with a usb power source instead!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjnyc

Birddog1

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2016
Ohio
Yes I agree. I bought the silver one of these exact model belkin docks aswell. I do love how this one is adjustable for being used in conjunction with any type of case (unlike most docks, where the connector usually restricts it). But I have three iPhones though, so with how expensive this belkin one is (99 bucks each) I couldn't bring myself to by three of these, or it would have been like 300 bucks! So for my other two I just use my good old reliable Orzly DuoStands. (much cheaper, and can use any case with it aswell due to the iPhone part being your actually lightning cable, rather than the restrictive connector that most dock uses). The AppleWatch section still docks as a proper dock though, and the lightning cable has a slot to stop the cable flapping about, so I'm pretty happy with the current setup.

I do like this belkin one though. The only thing that l don't like about the belkin one (besides the price) is that you have to use their special power unit rather than being able to plug it into USB, and the power unit part that you plug into the home socket is mega bulky, so tends to be a socket hog. So I'm much more limited to where I can use that one. As the Orzly docks let me use usb, I can use those docks just about anywhere. (my other two iPhones are basically hooked up to a nice small convenient multi-usb hub, so I can fit both of them on my desk at work without any problems, and my belkin one is just used as a spare in the kitchen now where I have the kind of socket space that can fit it. it's a shame really, as other than that part, the belkin one would have been perfect, so am a bit gutted that I can't use it everywhere as well as I can the others (especially given how much I paid for it).

But they're both nice docks in their own way. (A hybrid version of the two would have been excellent though, so belkin if you're listening, next time please make a version with a usb power source instead!!)

I just bought the silver one as well but the thing you don't like (dedicated power cord) is the reason I do like it. Granted, I only have one phone and my Belkin charger sits on my nightstand and the power cord is actually plugged into a small extension cord and hidden behind the nightstand. The price is a little higher than I would have liked but it supports both my iPhone 7s plus and Apple Watch extremely well.

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
I used to keep my iPhone charger from slipping behind my dresser by propping it under a lamp. The Belkin Valet provides a much more elegant solution for charging my phone and my watch. I don't even need the USB extension I used to use to give my phone chord enough slack.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

clindner

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
I picked up a Belkin Valet on the recommendations of folks here, even though I think the price is a bit high at $130. Got it home and it charges the watch just fine, but won't charge either of the iPhones in the house (6 and 6s). Both get the "This accessory may not be supported" message. Charges for about a second, then stops.

Did I get a faulty unit?

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Still amazes me there aren’t many out that charge the watch on the base in nightsand mode, AND have a stand or shelf above it to charge your iPhone.

Grace928959775

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
Saw this deal about Apple Watch Charging Holder and iPad Pro 10.5 Case

Amazon has a Apple Watch Series 3 Stand that holds iPhone as well on sale for $22.49 after using promo code AZDPFUZ8 at checkout. It comes in 3 different colors as well.

https://www.amazon.com/iVAPO-Alumin...1508747768&sr=1-25&keywords=apple+watch+stand

iPad Pro 10.5 Case with Pencil Holder is on sale for $17.49 after using promo code 32KZYQSY at checkout, including 3 different colors as well.

https://www.amazon.com/10-5-Case-iV...508747668&sr=1-34&keywords=ipad+pro+10.5+case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.