Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch Ultra (AWU) Band Did You Get?

• Alpine

Votes: 155 34.4%
  • Trail

Votes: 90 20.0%
  • Ocean

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • Multiple AWU Bands

Votes: 84 18.6%

• Total voters

Charb95

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
Midnight ocean band, I would give a 7/10. I like the normal sport bands more bc of simplicity
Hi! I got the ocean band too a week ago. I started to notice some scratches on the Buckle of the band. Are you experience something similar?

Attachments

• 63ACD16B-0ECD-4AF7-9325-F62418D9599D.jpeg
    63ACD16B-0ECD-4AF7-9325-F62418D9599D.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 34FDFB6B-54E3-450C-BF5E-CC25C11165F4.jpeg
    34FDFB6B-54E3-450C-BF5E-CC25C11165F4.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 216

Charb95

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
So, the Alpine is ‘not for me’, but I decided to give the Ocean one a try. Because I wanted a bit lighter band, that also makes it easy to wear the Watch Ultra during sleep.

To be fair, the Ocean is more my taste. Love the soft material, quite easy to take it on and off. So I will have the Ocean and Spaceblack Link Bracelet to switch from time to time. :) View attachment 2095042
Duplicate post

Last edited:

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
Hi! I loved the ocean band as well! By any chance are you experiencing scratches on the Buckle of the band? Could this be normal?
Yeah scratches on buckles are normal. Your gonna get them pending on the environment and what you rest your wrist on. I don’t have any yet but they will eventually develop. Even my nicer Omega and Panerai time pieces have slowly built some scratches on the clasp/buckles over time.

Reactions: skeptech

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
Hi! I got the ocean band too a week ago. I started to notice some scratches on the Buckle of the band. Are you experience something similar?
Hi! I loved the ocean band as well! By any chance are you experiencing scratches on the Buckle of the band? Could this be normal?
Does anyone that is using the ocean band starting to noticed scratches on the titanium Buckles in the band? Could this be normal?

Three consecutive posts, each two minutes apart, all asking the same question, a bit overkill...?

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I have a green alpine loop and a white ocean band. Keep going back to the green alpine tho for fit and comfort. Love the ocean but I found I got sweaty underneath the band. No one wants a moist wrist….

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I've finally got my hands on the blue/grey trail loop this morning.

As someone who has used the Nike sport loop almost every day, the trail loop feels smoother, softer and more premium.

The blue accent really pops and it’s easily the most comfortable out of three types of ultra bands. Definitely worth the wait!

Trail loop 9/10
Alpine loop 8/10
Ocean band 7/10

I will second this! I got my Ultra and the black and grey trail loop, and I love it! I pretty much used the sport loops exclusively before, but this is on another level. It’s amazing.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The Apple Watch Ultra came with a Starlight Alpine, but I use the Link Bracelet since the start. Out of curiousity, I tried the Alpine loop. It is really not my thing. The material feels a bit ‘cheap’ to be honest. Also, the hook is easy to slide in, but difficult to take out and get the band off.

I immediately admit I am spoiled with wearing the Link Bracelet for years. I will keep it that way. Please note, I use the Watch Ultra as my main watch. I am not sporty and not the target group. But the Alpine for me was quite a disappointment.
I want that band so bad but I’ve never pulled the trigger because of the cost.

Reactions: DennisdeWit

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
17D02921-C22F-4B5A-90E0-C5499B78365E.jpeg
1636E117-8B5D-44DC-8769-BA92C6E88BD2.jpeg

So I’ve ordered the Alpine Green L after selling the Alpine Starlight M. Fits much better, the hook is on the side, so it won’t scratch my MacBook Pro. Because it fits better, I actually like the material now.

Reactions: Dguitarnut

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
ecc9d40add031c23536ba8a35c757178.jpg

As I said before, I got the trail loop with mine. Whiles it’s extremely soft and mostly comfortable, does anyone else have issues with the side that it not facing your hand rubbing against your wrist and leaving it a bit red? I hoping maybe my skin can just get use to it, but it may not. Would love to know anyone else’s thoughts

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I got the green Apline Loop with my watch and then ordered a Trail Loop, which I will wear for marathons (it doesn‘t ship until November).

After reading this thread I ordered a Midnight Ocean band due for delivery tomorrow, can’t wait to try it out. Would it also be good for running?
I run marathons and got the Ultra bundled with the black Trail Loop, but I couldn’t make it work for me. It’s so light that I don’t think it balances the weight of the watch well, giving me periodic HR drops. I don’t think the lugs help in my case either (167mm wrists).

I switched to the midnight Ocean Band and it’s working better for me. No significant HR drops. Even the old sports loops seem to work better for me when running. YMMV

Reactions: D1G1TALR0B0T

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I run marathons and got the Ultra bundled with the black Trail Loop, but I couldn’t make it work for me. It’s so light that I don’t think it balances the weight of the watch well, giving me periodic HR drops. I don’t think the lugs help in my case either (167mm wrists).

I switched to the midnight Ocean Band and it’s working better for me. No significant HR drops. Even the old sports loops seem to work better for me when running. YMMV
Thanks for your reply. I am still waiting on my Trail Loop to ship, but I have been running with the Midnight Ocean band for a few weeks and it has been great.

Reactions: PatrickNSF

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Wouldn't mind a black alpine band, only all black non leather band apple have now is the nike? Anyone using it with the ultra? Pics?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Been using the Blue/gray trail loop for about two weeks. I’ve swapped other bands onto the watch but I keep going back to this. I like it a lot.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I mentioned before that I found the alpine loop difficult to put on when I tried it at the Apple Store but this could be because I am not used to it and it was too small. I got a orange alpine loop the other day and although I find it slightly more trickier than the other two types, there is not a lot in it, I have found that the more times I put it on and off, the easier it becomes.

Here is what I have found;

Best for micro adjustment - Trail Loop.
Best for working out and getting wet - Ocean Band.
Best looking - Orange Alpine Band. (that's just my opinion)
Most comfortable - Trail Loop.
Most Durable - Ocean Band.
Go to strap day to day - Trail Loop.
Ease of taking on and off - I would say the Ocean Band just because of the tongue and buckle but there is not a lot in it, the others are easy enough.

As always, the above are just my observations and experiences.

I have;

2 x Ocean Band (Midnight and Yellow)
1 x Trail Loop (Grey/Blue)
1 x Alpine Band (Orange)

I did have a Black and Grey trail loop on order but cancelled it because I don't think I need it so much now.

Last edited:

charles4515

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2008
I have the Ocean Band midnight and picked up a Blue/Grey Trail Band this morning. I like them both. Both are comfortable. The Trail Loop is more so but the Ocean Band is comfortable enough. Ocean Band has a rugged look that I like. I will wear both depending what mood I am in. I will wear my midnight Leather Loop to fancy occasions. I tried the Alpine Loop and won’t be getting one of those. Might get the other two Trail Loop colors. Saw the beige yellow at the store and it didn’t look bad at all. No Black ones to see but eventually might add that one.

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
ecc9d40add031c23536ba8a35c757178.jpg

As I said before, I got the trail loop with mine. Whiles it’s extremely soft and mostly comfortable, does anyone else have issues with the side that it not facing your hand rubbing against your wrist and leaving it a bit red? I hoping maybe my skin can just get use to it, but it may not. Would love to know anyone else’s thoughts
I was wearing just a regular 45mm Apple sport loop with my Ultra but it started to irritate my skin so yesterday I picked up the tail loop. The trail loop SO much more comfortable than any of my other bands but I’m hoping it’s resolves the issue with skin irritation. Never really had this issue with any of the bands I wore with my 45mm SS Series 7 so maybe it’s unique to the Ultra. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Reactions: bmac4

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I was wearing just a regular 45mm Apple sport loop with my Ultra but it started to irritate my skin so yesterday I picked up the tail loop. The trail loop SO much more comfortable than any of my other bands but I’m hoping it’s resolves the issue with skin irritation. Never really had this issue with any of the bands I wore with my 45mm SS Series 7 so maybe it’s unique to the Ultra. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Hopefully no more skin irritation for you. The trail loop is way more comfortable for sure. I think my wrist is finally starting to adjust to the new size. Hopefully that continues

Reactions: jcshas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.