Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Okay, wasn't going to, but here is a picture with the 38mm on left and 42mm on right. I'm sure I'll get even more uncalled for rude comments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 287

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I didn't get the Milanese band for this combo, but if I keep it I will probably order the Milanese loop. Don't know.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I just can't believe this thread is still going some 5 weeks later.

No idea if that is considered "rude" or not. Either you like what you got or you don't. Why give a s--- about what strangers think?

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I just can't believe this thread is still going some 5 weeks later.

No idea if that is considered "rude" or not. Either you like what you got or you don't. Why give a s--- about what strangers think?

I don't think it is rude, I can't believe it's still going myself. I don't care anymore what people here say. There have been opinions both for against put politely and those that were down right rude and mean and uncalled for. I no longer care what people say. I haven't been back on this thread very much, I thought it had died.

ItzAris

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Okay, wasn't going to, but here is a picture with the 38mm on left and 42mm on right. I'm sure I'll get even more uncalled for rude comments.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I have to say, the 42mm looks perfect on you. Return that 38mm, get yourself a 42 mm Milanese band and you're as good as gold! Thank you for sharing again

wanderfowl

macrumors member
May 6, 2015
Michigan, US
42 is most definitely a better fit for you. I'll also put in another vote to go back to milanese. The leather loop just doesn't work as well (for anybody, imho).

I appreciate the followup, though, and hope you enjoy your watch!

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I think you will get a better idea looking at your full body and how the watch flows with the rest of your body. It's kind of difficult to tell just looking at tour extended wrist.

I may be a minority here but the 38 looks more elegant. If that's the look you wanted, just keep that.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Big Apology

42 looks much better, hopefully now you see what we were talking about.

Also, two watches ! Wish I could be in a position to order two, trying to save though and refuse to use credit cards (unless I can pay the whole thing off straight away of course haha)

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I think the 42 case with the Milanese will help you achieve the best overall balance. I have mixed feelings about the leather loop for anyone wanting a feminine look. I tried it on and had mixed feelings about it myself.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Just go for the watch YOU want, and forget about everybody else's opinion.

To be fair she ordered the 38 and 42 at the same time, so even without our opinion she was thinking the same.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I ordered both sizes on 4/10 but the 38mm came in first and I wore it for two weeks before the 42mm came in. The 38mm fit nice but the 42mm is easier to tap on and the larger battery made me keep the 42mm.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I ordered both sizes on 4/10 but the 38mm came in first and I wore it for two weeks before the 42mm came in. The 38mm fit nice but the 42mm is easier to tap on and the larger battery made me keep the 42mm.

Damn all these people that can afford to buy both sizes just to see which looks best. Very envious.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
I think you will get a better idea looking at your full body and how the watch flows with the rest of your body. It's kind of difficult to tell just looking at tour extended wrist.

I may be a minority here but the 38 looks more elegant. If that's the look you wanted, just keep that.

I agree with the elegant comment. To me the larger watch looks a bit too much on your wrist. But we only see in 2D, so you should go with your own feelings as you are the only one that can see as it really looks.

SarZ

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
I suppose I'm old fashioned, to me a smaller watch always looks more elegant on a woman no matter what her wrist size is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.