Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Why would you want to pair em both? You actually plan on keeping both the watches?

No, just tried when I got the 42mm.

----------

I'm not keen on the leather loop, but I think the 42 with a ML would work beautifully. You could band swap through Apple for a ML. That's one of the choices they offer for the swap.

The Milanese loop is not available to ship til July.

Eightyone

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, wasn't going to, but here is a picture with the 38mm on left and 42mm on right. I'm sure I'll get even more uncalled for rude comments.

The 38 face looks better, although, the 38 loop looks far too constricting (even if it's comfy, the strap looks awkward).

Have you thought about trying on a white or pink large 38 Sport band?

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Well, since you're torn, I'll weight in and say the 38 looks better on you. Plus you were happy with that in the beginning, the doubt was caused by a bunch of anonymous people who only saw your hand, not the entire picture.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Well, since you're torn, I'll weight in and say the 38 looks better on you. Plus you were happy with that in the beginning, the doubt was caused by a bunch of anonymous people who only saw your hand, not the entire picture.

Thanks. I know I don't like the look of the leather loop. I don't know how the Milanese would look with the 42mm. I don't want it to look bad when I might wear it with a skirt or dress.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I still don't know which I will choose.#

Mymosa

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2015
SoCal girl living in Jersey
42mm Milanese on a female 6 3/4" wrist

You might want to get the 42mm I think it would look better on you.
Here's mine. Just a side note I ordered this with the Classic Leather Buckle and I thought I didn't like the watch, it turns out I love it with this band. I was able to pick it up at my Local Apple store yesterday. I initially swore I didn't like this band I was wrong!!

Yours looks like the loop isn't long enough because of how close it is to the side of the watch face. Plus for the readings it should be more snug than you being able to get 2 fingers under it.

Attachments

• 42 milanese 4.jpg
    42 milanese 4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 42 milanese 2.jpg
    42 milanese 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
  • 42 milanese 3.jpg
    42 milanese 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I know I need to decide soon. Mimosa, it looks good on you, but you are a man. I am not a man and want it to look good when I wear a dress or skirt. I know this much, I don't like the Leather Loop.

Mymosa

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2015
I know I need to decide soon. Mimosa, it looks good on you, but you are a man. I am not a man and want it to look good when I wear a dress or skirt. I know this much, I don't like the Leather Loop.

Wow look under my username and read my post that should say I'm a female. I have a six in three-quarter inch wrist :confused:

And I do have a skirt on right now!

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I am going to cotact the supervisor I have been working with and see if I can return both. I can't make up my mind and being female I don't know that the bands that work with the 42mm would look good when I wear a dress or skirt. I thank everyone for sharing your opinions.

----------

Wow look under my username and read my post that should say I'm a female. I have a six in three-quarter inch wrist :confused:

And I do have a skirt on right now!

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't look at your profile. I did just now and I am so sorry. A lot of men have told me to go with the 42mm only a few women. So did you get the Milanese for the 42mm? When I look in the store app it says that band won't ship til July.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I am going to cotact the supervisor I have been working with and see if I can return both. I can't make up my mind and being female I don't know that the bands that work with the 42mm would look good when I wear a dress or skirt. I thank everyone for sharing your opinions.

----------

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't look at your profile. I did just now and I am so sorry. A lot of men have told me to go with the 42mm only a few women. So did you get the Milanese for the 42mm? When I look in the store app it says that band won't ship til July.

I think you'd be safe with a white sport band until a Milanese comes along. It is very gender neutral and unobtrusive. Just a thought.

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I still don't know which I will choose.#

Hey Teach, sorry it's been a tough decision for you. As others have said, the case isn't the real issue, it's the band. Sounds like the ML is what you really liked from the beginning. I would go with a 42mm ML. You may have to wait for it but it will be worth it. Or you can just buy a separate ML band for the 42 you already have.

There are a lot of women wearing a 42, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Frankly many times I can't even tell what case size someone is wearing without asking. The sizing is by no means gender specific.

My two cents...

Mymosa

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2015

----------

I just went into one of the Apple stores near me and got it yesterday. I swore I didn't like it when I first ordered my watch but I love it!! I just got back from getting the brown leather loop. I like that also. I still love my SSSB best but these bands have really made me happy to be able to switch out so much.

I just called the stores near me and had them check stock. They wont hold them or let you order, and they wont tell you how many they have but they will tell you the stock. I also called one of the stores and since they were busy it got the main Apple line and she was able to check the stores near me for me.

Oh and no when I ordered the band I got the Classic Leather Black Buckle. I don't like it.

----------

Lmao! Omg. I'm so sorry but that was too funny.

;) - The bad thing about it is I have a deep voice and people think I am a man over the phone all the time. It's annoying but sometimes it helps get things done!

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I just went into one of the Apple stores near me and got it yesterday. I swore I didn't like it when I first ordered my watch but I love it!! I just got back from getting the brown leather loop. I like that also. I still love my SSSB best but these bands have really made me happy to be able to switch out so much.

I just called the stores near me and had them check stock. They wont hold them or let you order, and they wont tell you how many they have but they will tell you the stock. I also called one of the stores and since they were busy it got the main Apple line and she was able to check the stores near me for me.

Oh and no when I ordered the band I got the Classic Leather Black Buckle. I don't like it.

----------

;) - The bad thing about it is I have a deep voice and people think I am a man over the phone all the time. It's annoying but sometimes it helps get things done!

Thanks for the comment. Very much appreciated.

Rhcpcjg

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Okay, wasn't going to, but here is a picture with the 38mm on left and 42mm on right. I'm sure I'll get even more uncalled for rude comments.

Hey Teach4, both watches look really nice, do not return both, and do not pay attention to all the rude comments. IMHO the 38mm with the milanese band look really good on a lady like you. Good luck deciding which to keep, this is an awesome device and you happen to have two! meanwhile millions are still waiting on their preorders lol... consider yourself one lucky lady ;)

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Hey Teach4, both watches look really nice, do not return both, and do not pay attention to all the rude comments. IMHO the 38mm with the milanese band look really good on a lady like you. Good luck deciding which to keep, this is an awesome device and you happen to have two! meanwhile millions are still waiting on their preorders lol... consider yourself one lucky lady ;)

Thanks! I have liked the watch.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There are a lot of women wearing a 42, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Frankly many times I can't even tell what case size someone is wearing without asking. The sizing is by no means gender specific.

Exactly. I have the 38, my mom got the 42. I have very small wrists, my mom I'd say has average size wrists for a woman. The 42 looks very good on my mom. I wish I could wear the 42, because the bigger screen is easier to see, but it's physically just too big for my wrist. I kind of envy the OP because she can use the 42! I agree with everyone else that a 42 Milanese Loop would work well for the OP, it's the leather loop that's making it look unfeminine, not the watch size. Too bad that there is such a long wait for the watch and bands, a lot of this doubt and uncertainty could be avoided if OP could see all sizes and bands at once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.