Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
It's a little bit buggy but I refuse to use categories without it! Anyway I didn't see any posts about it so there you go...

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial/reference on creating iconoclasm layouts for ipad? Hoping to find a dummies guide:D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks. Working great here.

The only bug vie found so far was the white icon categories bug, which is solved by reinstalling categories onto of itself.

Makes categories on the iPad worthwhile at last.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
CategoriesSB integrates the application into springboard. It means when you open a folder the new window and apps all appear with a smooth transition and operate like your normal dashboard. It doesn't have to open the application each time etc...

Really you have to try and, one use and you will not go back to categories without it.

$.99 is totally worth it.

henneth

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
I already have this on iPhone, paid for etc. Can I use the same license on my iPad? If so, how?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
CategoriesSB integrates the application into springboard. It means when you open a folder the new window and apps all appear with a smooth transition and operate like your normal dashboard. It doesn't have to open the application each time etc...

Really you have to try and, one use and you will not go back to categories without it.

$.99 is totally worth it.

I have to agree with this post. I first thought that I wouldn't buy it, but I bought it one day after having a few drinks and love it! Plus, for $.99, you really can't go wrong. SBSettings is amazing!!

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
Is CategoriesSB native on the iPad now or does it still have to be doubled? NVM, just checked and it does work natively.

Another question, I'm getting white icons. Whats the fix for that?

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Same

EDIT: found a fix: set up all your folders, with the white icons on your springboard, then go to cydia > manage > packages > categories > modify > reinstall. problem solved.

I had blank icons at first, then when I installed iconoclasm they all came up perfect - here's a shot of how I'm using it:

IMG_0050.png

IMG_0051.png

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
How did you replace your icons? I like the categories SB but the icon options leave something to be desired

Thanks

FLYING SE7EN

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm having some trouble with categories. I installed it and opened it. I made a folder for jailbreak apps and put categories in it and circuitous in it. I then like a moron accidentally deleted it. Now I can't find the categories app anywhere nor the circuitous app even though it shows up in settings. I deleted categories and reinstalled but still no app icon. I've tried to reboot a few times after deleting and then reinstalling with no joy. Anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Ral67

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
that looks VERY nice

could you please share whar settings and addtl. tools you used ?

thanks

I had blank icons at first, then when I installed iconoclasm they all came up perfect - here's a shot of how I'm using it:

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
that looks VERY nice

could you please share whar settings and addtl. tools you used ?

thanks

All the icons I had to manually theme, then remove certain matte/overlay files in the OS frameworks folders so they display correctly. Then I'm using a 7x5 iconoclasm layout with iblank icons to do the hard drives/categories folders. The status status bar I built myself then dropped in the main winterboard theme folder

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
All the icons I had to manually theme, then remove certain matte/overlay files in the OS frameworks folders so they display correctly. Then I'm using a 7x5 iconoclasm layout with iblank icons to do the hard drives/categories folders. The status status bar I built myself then dropped in the main winterboard theme folder

so where can we donate to you to get the instructions and files ;)

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
so where can we donate to you to get the instructions and files ;)

HaHa trust me it'll be a lot simpler to do the icons when winterboard is brought up to speed for the ipad. (Whenever the hell that would be?)

dragonc12

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2009
HaHa trust me it'll be a lot simpler to do the icons when winterboard is brought up to speed for the ipad. (Whenever the hell that would be?)

Actually winterboard has been working fine for me. Everything accept changing the dock. have to do that manually. Using a 6x3 iconoclasm format in this shot so the house and tree will show :) I am using categories too but my folders are on the next page for right now. I did have to reinstall because of the "white folder" glitch.

Mobile%20Photo%20Jun%2011%2C%202010%2010%2034%2008%20PM.jpg

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
shaotse said:

That's beautiful! Please share if you have the time, I'd donate too :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.