Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
could you post how your screen looks like in portrait?

Thinking about how to retain the same spacing in portrait mode, as well as to stop the resizing from happening, but here you go- also I'll post the landscape to show off the new dock I built:D

IMG_0053.png

IMG_0052.png

globality

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Your theme looks gorgeous!
I have a newbie question about the status bar.
Does the finder actually link to iFile (or anything like that) or it is just an image (that does nothing except mocking Mac OS?)

Thanks!

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Your theme looks gorgeous!
I have a newbie question about the status bar.
Does the finder actually link to iFile (or anything like that) or it is just an image (that does nothing except mocking Mac OS?)

Thanks!

I guess kinda sorta in that it launches SbSettings and Circuitous
IMG_0054.png

Ral67

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
how did you get a larger dock?

the max I found in Cydia was the six icon dock and apparently InfiniDock 1.3 isn't compatible for the iPad yet

thanks

globality

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
how did you get a larger dock?

the max I found in Cydia was the six icon dock and apparently InfiniDock 1.3 isn't compatible for the iPad yet

thanks
InfiniDock IS compatible with the iPad now. I am using it and can now put as many apps on the dock as I want

globality

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
It's a little bit buggy but I refuse to use categories without it! Anyway I didn't see any posts about it so there you go...

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial/reference on creating iconoclasm layouts for ipad? Hoping to find a dummies guide:D

Frankly speaking the design of Categories and CategoriesSB is not as elegrant as Folder design in iOS4. But since we are stuck with iOS 3.2 until fall, it is still worth trying.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Frankly speaking the design of Categories and CategoriesSB is not as elegrant as Folder design in iOS4. But since we are stuck with iOS 3.2 until fall, it is still worth trying.

Actually I like how categoriesSB can be used as another page that launches instantly - makes it very versatile for various theming purposes

colourtheatre

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
@shaotse thats an amazing theme! i would love to donate for it as well. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
@shaotse thats an amazing theme! i would love to donate for it as well. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol
Allright I'll try to get something accessible together over the next few days (obviously I won't take donations seeing as how everything is ripped directly from osx:D)

The main hassle though is having to theme icons directly into the app folders. Winterboard works great for the status bar and dock stuff at least but everytime you do an update you have to re-hack the app icon files which sucks. The rest is pretty much done with infinidock, iconoclasm, categoriesSB and iblank

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I must be stupid because I can't figure out how to close a category once open. Have tried swiping all directions.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
I must be stupid because I can't figure out how to close a category once open. Have tried swiping all directions.

I think there is a setting in the Settings menu you have to activate first. Then, it seems to me, that you have to be more deliberate in your swipes, i.e., on a regular iPad screen, you can lightly and quickly flick your finger and it changes screens, but in a Categories folder, it seems like you have to apply more pressure and more slowly slide your finger.

That is my experience, anyways.

colourtheatre

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
Allright I'll try to get something accessible together over the next few days (obviously I won't take donations seeing as how everything is ripped directly from osx:D)

The main hassle though is having to theme icons directly into the app folders. Winterboard works great for the status bar and dock stuff at least but everytime you do an update you have to re-hack the app icon files which sucks. The rest is pretty much done with infinidock, iconoclasm, categoriesSB and iblank

thank you so much! cant wait for it. are you done yet? just kidding. thanks again!

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
$1 is no big deal...but the time to set everything up is. Do you think we will still need this or it will even work after we get os4?

Thanks!

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
boomish said:
That looks great can u tell me how to get that exactly? I have never used springboard or categories etc. I do have cydia tho.

Apreciate any help..

SBsettings of course, Categories and CategoriesSB. The icons are Mac Misc. 1 and 2. I hope that helps. I forget where the wall paper is from, someone posted their site on here.

First time to jB for me and I found it to be rather easy to setup.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
I don't have Winterboard, SBSettings, or Infinidock installed. Just wondering how they have effected your battery before I get rolling.

Also, is it easy to switch the themes on and off, or once you go to OSX iPad, is that pretty much it?

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I don't have Winterboard, SBSettings, or Infinidock installed. Just wondering how they have effected your battery before I get rolling.

Also, is it easy to switch the themes on and off, or once you go to OSX iPad, is that pretty much it?

Battery life was great, although just recently I think there have been a couple winterboard or backgrounder updates that made things weird - haven't fully tested it but you should be good- as far as the themes they are easy to switch off. The only real commitment is getting rid of the overlay/matte stuff - I would say make a backup of those appicon.pngs before deleting if you want to go back to normal icons at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.