Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wow shaotse, this theme looks amazing!

Downloaded the zip you uploaded, and am trying to get all of the icons exported ready to change when I get it.

I downloaded Candybar, but am stuck on how to get the icons from here and into Photoshop so I can export them at 80X80.

The closest I got was right clicking the thumbnails in Candybar, and then copying it. I assumed I should do 'Copy icon and mask' but when I do this and paste it into photoshop it is only 32X32.

Sorry if I'm being stupid (probably am) but can someone give me some pointers? Or is there an easier way to extract the icons from the iContainer so that they are ready to SSH into the iPad

I had that problem too. I ended up just searching Google for the PNG images that I wanted. Worked fine, just a little slower than if I new what I was doing. Good luck. It was amazingly easy to install and set up. The icons were the only issue I had, and I didn't realize that every app update would try and change the icon again, so that became a hassle.

willber

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
I had that problem too. I ended up just searching Google for the PNG images that I wanted. Worked fine, just a little slower than if I new what I was doing. Good luck. It was amazingly easy to install and set up. The icons were the only issue I had, and I didn't realize that every app update would try and change the icon again, so that became a hassle.

Hmmm really odd, I'm glad its not me being stupid then. Maybe someone who got the icons from the iContainer could shed some light on this?

Ouch that sounds like a pain with the app icons updating, thanks for letting me know about that.
I will probably only bother with modifying the stock apps icons, and the ones which I will have in the dock. The rest I will hide away in folders more than likely

willber

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
It would be great if someone could take a litle bit of time just to take the folder structure from a theme with custom icons, replace the icons with the ones you used and upload it here as a winterboard theme. Would save alot of people a ton of time and wouldnt this prevent the icons from changing when you update the apps?
I would be happy to do this, but I cannot get the icons from this iContainer! If someone could help me out with this I will try and make the icons into a theme.

willber

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
Just to let everyone know, over the next few days I will be putting the icons into a Winterboard theme, then when you update your apps it will not affect your custom icons.

I will either upload it here or on Modmyi on Cydia.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
It's a little bit buggy but I refuse to use categories without it! Anyway I didn't see any posts about it so there you go...

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial/reference on creating iconoclasm layouts for ipad? Hoping to find a dummies guide:D

why use it now that you have folders?

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010
Just to let everyone know, over the next few days I will be putting the icons into a Winterboard theme, then when you update your apps it will not affect your custom icons.

I will either upload it here or on Modmyi on Cydia.

Great cant wait.

willber

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
Here's what mine is looking like.

photo.png

I've packaged all the icons I made into a winterboard theme, and submitted it to Cydia, so hopefully it will be available tomorrow.

Just search for mac os x icons (iPad)

Thanks again shaotse for doing this theme!

gnabffej

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
cool this theme is really awesome!!~~

i just got my ipad jailbroken

and im trying to install this theme into my ipad

but im having trouble.....with everything

could somebody help me and guide me please??

Belmondoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
cool this theme is really awesome!!~~

i just got my ipad jailbroken

and im trying to install this theme into my ipad

but im having trouble.....with everything

could somebody help me and guide me please??

Do you realize how impossible it is for people to help you ?
You are posting in a dead old thread about a totally unrelated problem.
Please make the effort to first read/search in other threads if something may help you. Then, if you didn't find anything relevant, create a new thread and explain exactly what you did, and exactly what your problems are.

Saying "I'm having problems" really doesn't help.

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
ive got a 4.2.1 jailbroken ipad. pretty much followed the instructions.

finder status bar does not show for me. the icon shadows still remain. can anyone help me with these?

also, how do i change the icons for categories?

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
i managed to manually remove the shadows.

still need help with the status bar and the categories icons. anyone?

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
alright i have everything done except the status bar. i cant find it in the usual place (system-> library->coreservices->...) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

phrinmagic

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
Has anyone worked out how to fix the status bar, i cannot seem to find it in (system-> library->coreservices->...) as per what Rudy44 posted.

and i am having no luck in having it change manually via the theme through winterboard.

Any help?
thank

Caneyy

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
????

Can somebody explain all these things with this mac os x theme. From icons to the status bar all of them. Nobody did not explain

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.