Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
shaotse said:
I use Candybar for mac, if you google there are some other programs for windows that will extract the icons as well.

thanks for all the help and i have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. i do not have the finder looking task bar at the top and not sure if it wasn't included or I set something else wrong?

2. i got candybar to use the icons but for some reason some of my icons look perfect and a few like remote desktop have the square but rounded edge borders around them? i prepared them all using Photoshop and reduzing the imaging sizing to 80x80 and some look clean and a few have that background squaring imagine around? any ideas?

thanks again nfor the instruction and files i really enjoy this setup and look.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
the finder should be in the main modifications theme, either its not activated or are you using any other statusbar tweaks? as for the icons if you removed the proper files as per the instructions.txt it should be cool - I'm assuming its the app store purchased icons that are using the mask... if that's not working can u post a screen?

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
thanks shaotse i forgot to do the last step in deleting the files and clearing the cache and now it looks much better.

i had MakeitMine installed and i uninstalled it but still nothing as far as the Finder task bar goes so i re-installed it and then hit updated with nothing in the field and now that works too.

but i can not for anything get IM+ to change its icon. i want the iChat icon and have changed everything labeled icon.png in that program and still nothing. any ideas?

thanks again

ipadok.jpg

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
thanks shaotse i forgot to do the last step in deleting the files and clearing the cache and now it looks much better.

i had MakeitMine installed and i uninstalled it but still nothing as far as the Finder task bar goes so i re-installed it and then hit updated with nothing in the field and now that works too.

but i can not for anything get IM+ to change its icon. i want the iChat icon and have changed everything labeled icon.png in that program and still nothing. any ideas?

thanks again

probably something with "ipadappicon" or "gridicon" maybe- just look at the resolution of all the pngs- it will be 72x72- thats the one you want

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
probably something with "ipadappicon" or "gridicon" maybe- just look at the resolution of all the pngs- it will be 72x72- thats the one you want

i cant find it at all and i think they have hidden it or something. i posted a thread looking for help over here to see if anyone has successfully changed it.

also i accidentally updated to the latest version of infinidock and havent noticed any problems with it. what should i look for that i may be missing?

thanks

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
shaotse said:
Before:
IMG_0052.png

After:
photo-6.png

well i am now trying to figure out how to take a screenshot and then host it to post here but although i have a mobile me account i haven't been able to yet but i do not have this problem with my updated app and it still looks the same so i have to guess that it is related to something else you have installed because it did not have this effect on my iPad.

again though thanks for all your help and if i can nhelp why this affects you and not me i will be happy to help.

tsqrd

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Can anyone help me with the icon for iBooks? I've created my custom icon, but I cannot figure out which icon in the ../iBooks.app directory I need to replace to change the icon.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
Does anyone mind taking a picture of their iPad running safari with this theme installed? Please show the top of the page, with the navigation bar visible. I'm trying to see if it's naturally a little akward looking, or if I messed something up in the process.

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
Does anyone mind taking a picture of their iPad running safari with this theme installed? Please show the top of the page, with the navigation bar visible. I'm trying to see if it's naturally a little akward looking, or if I messed something up in the process.

imagepsb.jpg

tsqrd

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
mrzeve said:

Here are two pictures, one with Safari open and one with my finished "desktop".

There does appear to be a little bit of oddness with the top bar.

Thanks for the ideas in this thread :) !

Attachments

• photo2.PNG
    photo2.PNG
    310.5 KB · Views: 188
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 151

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
What are you guys using to upload themes to the iPad?
I've used iDisk and Fugu, they either stop working or freak out when I upload Main Modification .theme when it gets to the files with % in the name.

Also does anyone know why my dock is like this?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled sb settings and removed lock info as I thought it was one of those apps but it still does it
eb8532db.jpg

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

I didn't want to do the whole theme just change some icons. I tried it but the newicons have a translucent smoke coloured square behind them. I tried renaming the files it said to delete and I cleared the cache and put in the theme for winterboard to remove the shadow but the smoke background is still behind those new icons

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Does SB Categories observe the rotation state? IOW, if I have the pad in a vertical position, with the "USB" port at the top, normal springboard, no problem. But, with Categories, when I launch a folder, it opens upside down...forcing me to rotate the pad if I want to see it right side up.

Would SBCategories fix that?

Would an update to categories fix this?

Thanks!

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010

thanks again

ipadok.jpg

Now that's sweet looking. Where did you get the big x apple background?

fletch33

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
Under a Rug
Mitchrapp said:
Now that's sweet looking. Where did you get the big x apple background?

google "os x wallpaper" then hit images. you can also hit exact image size for 1024x768 and search again and it is there is well.

romeoz23

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
got it all setup but how do I remove the names under the icons? I tried to do it via winterboard but they still show up. thanks

Got it working. I just deleted the docked and undocked lables in the plist that was interfering with the WB version.

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
please excuse my ignorance, but how do I even going about GETTING the files posted from my mac to my iPad?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I would love to have this theme delivered (and paid for) via Cydia. I downloaded the zip file but I'm just too timid to do that much hacking for a theme. That, and I don't have a mac to do the icon work.

I'm in awe of the "mactheme"

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
Can someone explain how to make the icons vertical on the screen instead of following the standard icon order?

I know its probably something stupid that i'm missing but I'd love to set mine up that way.

Thanks

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
How would I install categoriesSB on my ipad, since I had categoriesSB on my 3GS, but how would I use my serial when I bought this app before.. I'm trying figuring this on my iphone 4 and also my lockinfo3 app too. Hmm.... I cant find it in my emails or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.