Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
If you could only keep one, which one? I could flip a coin, but slight edge to the Synthesis. That changes by the minute though, LOL. Thoughts?
I prefer the aesthetics and feel of the Sheath. The problem is the darned MagSafe indentation. I just received the latest version that has supposedly fixed the issue, we’ll see how it goes over the next few days. The last replacement I received was supposedly a fixed version as well, but the indent showed up after one night on a charger.

Reactions: macher and walds11

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I prefer the aesthetics and feel of the Sheath. The problem is the darned MagSafe indentation. I just received the latest version that has supposedly fixed the issue, we’ll see how it goes over the next few days. The last replacement I received was supposedly a fixed version as well, but the indent showed up after one night on a charger.

I spoke with Caudabe about the MagSafe indentation and they never said there’s actually been a “fix” for the indentation. They said they’re continuing to work for it to no longer happen.

Both of my sheaths have indentations. At this point unfortunately I look past it as I really like the case other than that one flaw. And if there is a fix I know Caudabe will quickly replace the current ones I have.

Here’s a glance at what they said

10d8c2cbdf92472e749f6a5e468c577d.jpg

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I spoke with Caudabe about the MagSafe indentation and they never said there’s actually been a “fix” for the indentation. They said they’re continuing to work for it to no longer happen.

Both of my sheaths have indentations. At this point unfortunately I look past it as I really like the case other than that one flaw. And if there is a fix I know Caudabe will quickly replace the current ones I have.

I have a gray Sheath and have a c ring. Only can see it close up with lots of light and / or when looking at it at a deep slope. Doesn’t bother me even a little bit.

Reactions: JBlass421

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
It took me a while to warm up to it, but I am team Sheath now!

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

I was told specifically that it was resolved. As I’ve said before, it feels a bit like we’re beta testers at this point. In my opinion, it would be much better if they’d do more thorough internal testing and only replace the cases once the issue is truly fixed. Replacing faulty cases with more of the same just causes further dissatisfaction.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I was told specifically that it was resolved. As I’ve said before, it feels a bit like we’re beta testers at this point. In my opinion, it would be much better if they’d do more thorough internal testing and only replace the cases once the issue is truly fixed. Replacing faulty cases with more of the same just causes further dissatisfaction.

Totally agree! From what it seems though. Looks like they are working on trying to fix this flaw for good. Hopefully they have this formula mastered for the iPhone 16 release lol but in the mean time I’ve looked past the ring as the case is perfect in every other aspect especially now with updated buttons.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

I don’t think MagSafe is what’s it cracked up to be. Even Apple admits you’ll get permanent MagSafe marks on their own cases. Personally maybe charge non MagSafe.

Where it’s 3 dimensional MagSafe indentation or a Magsafe mark same sh*t.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I don’t think MagSafe is what’s it cracked up to be. Even Apple admits you’ll get permanent MagSafe marks on their own cases. Personally maybe charge non MagSafe.

Where it’s 3 dimensional MagSafe indentation or a Magsafe mark same sh*t.

I use a MagSafe charger in my car and that’s the only time I use MagSafe but that’s been enough to make the indentation. I’ve been using that charger for a couple years now definitely won’t stop using it because of this sheath’s flaw. But again I’m looking past it at this point and I’m sure there will eventually be a fix. I just don’t care for any other case, I have the synthesis as well but been leaning more towards the sheath now.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
OK, no surprises here, but thought I would report back in case (no pun intended) anyone is interested. After less than 24 hours and one night on a Belkin charger the ring is starting to show on my replacement Sheath. Past experience tells me this will get worse over time. I realize this is not a big deal and it’s totally great if you can overlook this minor flaw and enjoy your case. Unfortunately, it bugs me just enough that I can’t really enjoy the case. I’ll check back next year to see if Caudabe resolved this, but until then the Sheath is permanently out of my rotation.

IMG_1924.jpeg

PailMerk

Suspended
Feb 1, 2023
OK, no surprises here, but thought I would report back in case (no pun intended) anyone is interested. After less than 24 hours and one night on a Belkin charger the ring is starting to show on my replacement Sheath. Past experience tells me this will get worse over time. I realize this is not a big deal and it’s totally great if you can overlook this minor flaw and enjoy your case. Unfortunately, it bugs me just enough that I can’t really enjoy the case. I’ll check back next year to see if Caudabe resolved this, but until then the Sheath is permanently out of my rotation.

View attachment 2334580
Oh no, will you be able to sleep tonight? 😀

Reactions: largefarrva

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

View attachment 2334580
I wonder if the stronger MagSafe on their revision has had a counter affect on the ring indent

Reactions: walds11 and Zensō

golfnut1982

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
I just noticed the magnet dent. Very minor indeed. Otherwise the case works as intended. It's a case that protects my phone, that's what I bought it for. I did like last years design more. It did not have a microfiber liner, and was washable.

Reactions: PailMerk

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
After trying several cases since the iPhone 15 launch, my search has finally come to an end. I’ve been maining the Caudabe Sheath for the last month and it’s my favorite by a long shot.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 156

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I’ve got a grey sheath ordered for my natural titanium 15 Pro after seeing the images in this thread and the good reviews…

Reactions: walds11

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Waiting for a green one before ordering.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for another color coming for this generation (unless I’ve missed a rumor). Caudabe has a pattern they’ve stuck to for years.

They generally release 3 to 4 colors at launch, then typically bring one new color 3 to 4 months later, and that’s it for the year.

Since they just released the garnet red color in the last couple of weeks, they’ve most likely released their final color for this generation.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I wouldn’t hold your breath for another color coming for this generation (unless I’ve missed a rumor). Caudabe has a pattern they’ve stuck to for years.

They generally release 3 to 4 colors at launch, then typically bring one new color 3 to 4 months later, and that’s it for the year.

Since they just released the garnet red color in the last couple of weeks, they’ve most likely released their final color for this generation.
That’s a shame. They had a green last year and two the year before that!

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I’ve got a grey sheath ordered for my natural titanium 15 Pro after seeing the images in this thread and the good reviews…
That's been the combo of the year from what I've seen. I've got a blue and a black Sheath, but am always really jealous when I see people posting the gray Sheath on the natural titanium. It's a beautiful combination.

Reactions: RRC

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
How’s the red? Looking to replace my apple silicone case, it was damaged in a fall (but did its job and protected the phone). I don’t see myself being bothered by a MagSafe intent since my phone is either charging on MagSafe or has my Apple wallet attached.

I had a Synthesis on my 14PM and loved it. Magnets were very strong. Nervous about getting “less” protection with a Sheath but I probably just have to get over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.