Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
The sheath is my favorite case for the 15 pro max and I’ve tried quite a few. I am super annoyed at the MagSafe ring imprint though after using it a couple weeks. Has caudabe fixed this yet? I’m inclined to just live with it until they solve the problem.

Reactions: walds11 and macher

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The sheath is my favorite case for the 15 pro max and I’ve tried quite a few. I am super annoyed at the MagSafe ring imprint though after using it a couple weeks. Has caudabe fixed this yet? I’m inclined to just live with it until they solve the problem.
I received one of the latest Sheaths that was supposed to be fixed and the MagSafe indent showed up after just one night on a charger, then continued to get worse. I have a replacement coming but I’m not confident it will be any better.

Reactions: macher

danbam

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Do you just share the indentation of the magsafe with caudabe and no question asked they will send you a new replacement?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010

What color Sheath? Please post a pic under natural light and not zoomed in.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I received one of the latest Sheaths that was supposed to be fixed and the MagSafe indent showed up after just one night on a charger, then continued to get worse. I have a replacement coming but I’m not confident it will be any better.
Does this only show up if you wirelessly charge? I have just ordered a Sheath in the same colour so hoping that my search for a case doesn't go on even longer!

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Does this only show up if you wirelessly charge? I have just ordered a Sheath in the same colour so hoping that my search for a case doesn't go on even longer!
I saw a post the other day that someone’s revised grey Sheath had a visible MagSafe circle mark straight out the box. Fingers crossed for ya but if yours does, they would most probably exchange it for you

Reactions: Zensō

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I saw a post the other day that someone’s revised grey Sheath had a visible MagSafe circle mark straight out the box. Fingers crossed for ya but if yours does, they would most probably exchange it for you
Oh yeah I have read that on here a few times.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpeg
    IMG_1432.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 107

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I've had Sheaths in the past. I currently have a Smartish Gripmunk on my 15. It's practically the same thing other than my Gipmunk's back is perfectly flat and there is no sign of the MagSafe ring. I don't see why people tout the Sheath so much given it's double the price of the Gripmunk?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I've had Sheaths in the past. I currently have a Smartish Gripmunk on my 15. It's practically the same thing other than my Gipmunk's back is perfectly flat and there is no sign of the MagSafe ring. I don't see why people tout the Sheath so much given it's double the price of the Gripmunk?
I had the Munky. It’s a different case than the Sheath. For me the Sheath checks more boxes than the Munky. I don’t MagSafe so I’m good.

Reactions: gadgetmango

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
@TechnicallyTee: Have you encountered the MagSafe indentation ring on the back of the Sheath (aka condom ring)? If so, please share your feedback.

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
In what way? It's the same one-piece molded design with molded-in buttons with slits, MagSafe, textured grip, etc.

Well that clears things up. :rolleyes:

I much prefer the all over texture of the Sheath vs the slicker back of the Munky. Sheath and Munky are same weight. Sheath much tighter fit. Sheath has a slightly better form factor.

People have different check boxes and the Sheath checks more boxes than the Munky for me.

Last edited:

Phillyphil0302

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
NYC
Interesting flip around considering you seem to seek me out each time you rejoin. It’s easy to spot without wasting any time, I can assure you. Anyway, not going to ruin this thread and happy I’ve given an honest opinion on Caudabe.
Interesting flip around considering you seem to seek me out each time you rejoin. It’s easy to spot without wasting any time, I can assure you. Anyway, not going to ruin this thread and happy I’ve given an honest opinion on Caudabe.
Top of da league, we are top of da league! YNWA

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Got my revised Sheath today. No ring out of the box, faint one appears when installed which will no doubt get worse as the previous one did. Rubbish.
Goes away again when removed so although improved it's not good enough. Volume buttons a bit better, still not as good as the power button and the Action button is better but again still not great.

I may have used it if it wasn't for the Smartish Gripmunk, which is a similar style case but better in every way apart from slightly weaker magnet.

Doubt I'll bother with a Sheath again.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Got my revised Sheath today. No ring out of the box, faint one appears when installed which will no doubt get worse as the previous one did. Rubbish.
Goes away again when removed so although improved it's not good enough. Volume buttons a bit better, still not as good as the power button and the Action button is better but again still not great.

I may have used it if it wasn't for the Smartish Gripmunk, which is a similar style case but better in every way apart from slightly weaker magnet.

Doubt I'll bother with a Sheath again.
I find the gripmunk too slippery in the back compared to the sheath. Does it bother you?

Reactions: macher and walds11

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The rear is almost smooth but the side grip more than makes up for it. No it doesn't bother me.

Regardless, I'm back with the Benks Armor Pro. Such a great case.
You find the Apple silicone slippery. The Benks pro was slippery for me.

What do you like about it?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Small form factor, tactile rear, smart look, great buttons, nice cut outs, good magnets. Easy to remove yet tight fit. The grip is there once the newness is worn off in no time.

It does get marks on the back but a breath on it and a rub on my t-shirt gets it pretty spotless.

Reactions: Zensō and macher

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I received the Sheath in celestial blue for my 15 Pro on Saturday. The buttons are great and no c ring out of the box. I used a popsocket for part of the day yesterday and no c ring.

I now have both the Sheath and Synthesis. The Synthesis has more going on aesthetically with the camera bump design, dot matrix side grips and smooth back imo. I like the smoother/slicker overall feel and form factor of the Synthesis (the dot matrix sides which have a nice grip to them). The Synthesis is rigid AF and tough to take off, but not a deal breaker. The Sheath feels more gritty/rougher, but softer (?) than the Synthesis, if that makes sense. I can’t put my finger on the feel and grip of the Sheath.

If you could only keep one, which one? I could flip a coin, but slight edge to the Synthesis. That changes by the minute though, LOL. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.