Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lebmob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Ever since I updated my iOS to 11 from 10, the spinning wheel has been on...the WHOLE TIME! I've done a hard reset, I've shut down apps, I've toggled Airplane Mode off then back on. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to stop it? It drains my battery, but more than anything, I'm very curious as to WHY it's happening. Thanks!

lebmob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
I have Verizon, so it's in the top left corner of the screen, next to where my data connection shows.

Reactions: KarenBeth

lebmob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
When did you update and did you restore from an iCloud backup?
I updated on 9/19, when the iOS was released. I didn't need to restore, because before I updated the iOS, I backed up my iPhone 7 to my laptop, in case anything went wrong with the iOS update.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I updated on 9/19, when the iOS was released. I didn't need to restore, because before I updated the iOS, I backed up my iPhone 7 to my laptop, in case anything went wrong with the iOS update.

Hmm. Sounds like this might be a carrier issue for some reason since these other posters have chimed in with very similar stories.

Reactions: Tre0317

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I noticed the same issue yesterday morning and I was on WiFi and also use Verizon. I hard rebooted and the issue went away.

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Another Verizon user here, with the same issue. A reboot of the phone made it go away this morning, but I'd like to figure out what causes it to begin with.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Reset network settings did not work nor did the lasted 11.0.1 update, and issue is not only with VzN as I have Tmobile

restart clears it up but it comes back

Reactions: MickG

Iphone5pilot

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
North Carolina
I’m in the same boat. Verizon iPhone 7 Plus. Restarting and hard reset are only temporary. Has anyone noticed any battery drain because of this?

I haven’t noticed any battery hogging apps as of yet

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Isn't that just showing that an app is using Background App Refresh?

Also, in my experience that circle has been the phone downloading music for offline use from my iCloud Music Library / Apple Music

Last edited:

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Isn't that just showing that an app is using Background App Refresh?

Also, in my experience that circle has been the phone downloading music for offline use from my iCloud Music Library / Apple Music

its using data (or is supposed to mean that). Some phones are displaying a bug that makes it constant and wont go away until you reboot your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.