Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
I accidentally disabled my phone . I have no back up (MacBook pro lost it) Apple will not enable my phone.If I restore my phone i will lose all.12 years of pictures , pictures of the day my son was born til one week ago. I bought a iPhone 11 pro and will never restore my disabled phone in hope the one day i will be able to retrieve data. Please help me someone.

Reactions: brucemr

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
What do you mean by disabling your own phone? Have you entered the passcode too often wrong?

Are you seriously trying to tell people you have 12 years (!!!!!!) of pictures not backed up? Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
If you bought your phone new and have proof of purchase receipt, Apple will unlock it for you. If you bought it used, you are out of luck.

You should have been backing up to the cloud. No one here can help you with a locked phone.
i bought phone from the apple store new . my MacBook pro lost last back up . apple will not enable my phone.the phone has never left my sight. hopingone day apple or someone will help.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
i bought phone from the apple store new . my MacBook pro lost last back up . apple will not enable my phone.the phone has never left my sight. hopingone day apple or someone will help.

I will ask again, iCloud backup? Photos backup?

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you have your purchase receipt, Apple will unlock it. That is policy. If Apple won’t help, that suggest you don’t have proof of purchase.

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
I am absolutely broken hearted. I just never wanted personal family pic on the webb. should have had more backups.Feel like i have been kickedin the gut.

• Sad
Reactions: ToastedOSX

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
If you bought your phone from the the Apple Store they can look up the receipt by S/N. If you match the buyer they'll unlock it. I've done that when I had my phone lock me out after a wipe/restore.

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
If you have your purchase receipt, Apple will unlock it. That is policy. If Apple won’t help, that suggest you don’t have proof of purchase.
I have proof of purchase. our store is closed because of the virus,however apples policy .they won't enable it. i could restore it but would lose all my pictures.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
I have proof of purchase. our store is closed because of the virus,however apples policy .they won't enable it. i could restore it but would lose all my pictures.
Wait until the store reopens and bring proof of purchase along with official government issued ID and Apple will unlock it. They won’t unlock it remotely for you.

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
I buy 1 to two phones every year since day one.Within a years time i have spent 5 grand in the apple store. all my computers ,phones are apple/mac.
[automerge]1590245406[/automerge]
Wait until the store reopens and bring proof of purchase along with official government issued ID and Apple will unlock it. They won’t unlock it remotely for you.
i pray your right my friend however from what I have read (probably wasted 5 days not much sleep) once a phone is disabled... thats it

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
I buy 1 to two phones every year since day one.Within a years time i have spent 5 grand in the apple store. all my computers ,phones are apple/mac.
[automerge]1590245406[/automerge]

i pray your right my friend however from what I have read (probably wasted 5 days not much sleep) once a phone is disabled... thats it
I and bhodinut gave you accurate information. Next time write down your passcode and put the information in a secure place, not to mention properly backing up your phone.

Reactions: Batt4Christ

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
no icloud back up ..... my only back up is on MacBook pro and it is gone

Now would the situation not be resolved if you get a new Mac, restore your backup to that Mac and then sync your phone with the new Mac?

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
I want to thank all of you for your input. sincerely jimmy
[automerge]1590250028[/automerge]
Now would the situation not be resolved if you get a new Mac, restore your backup to that Mac and then sync your phone with the new Mac?
that phone is disabled and i can not get a back up off of it. i could only restore the phone losing everything,which i will never do. that phone has my life on it and until apple changes there policy i will keep up hope.

Last edited:

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
If you bought your phone from the the Apple Store they can look up the receipt by S/N. If you match the buyer they'll unlock it. I've done that when I had my phone lock me out after a wipe/restore.
was your phone disabled?

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
You’re going to be fine. Basic guy explained how things work, so listen to him instead of repeatedly asking the same questions.

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
was your phone disabled?

My phone was activation locked to some odd email address. A simple trip to Apple and they verified my name and the receipt and the lock was removed.

If your phone is locked due to forgetting the PIN all Apple will do is help you reset your phone as new and in the process wipe all the data. They don't unlock phones for the FBI and I don't think they'll do anything different for you.

Reactions: Donfor39

jimmyjamer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
My phone was activation locked to some odd email address. A simple trip to Apple and they verified my name and the receipt and the lock was removed.

If your phone is locked due to forgetting the PIN all Apple will do is help you reset your phone as new and in the process wipe all the data. They don't unlock phones for the FBI and I don't think they'll do anything different for you.
That is so sad this is my phone and data . They could do it if they wanted to . I understand security however I am not a terrorist. I have spent a lot of money with Apple and at least if they won’t enable my phone they should have a policy where I could send my phone in for a price and They could give me my pictures and data.
[automerge]1590330561[/automerge]
That is so sad this is my phone and data . They could do it if they wanted to . I understand security however I am not a terrorist. I have spent a lot of money with Apple and at least if they won’t enable my phone they should have a policy where I could send my phone in for a price and They could give me my pictures and data.
I never forgot my pin it was accidentally disabled

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
[automerge]1590330561[/automerge]

I never forgot my pin it was accidentally disabled

What do you mean “it was accidentally disabled”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.