Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
If everyone would cancel everything, Netflix could get back to having EVERYTHING on one site for a reasonable price with no advertising. But Noooooo..... The GREED of all these corporations means we all have to subscribe to a dozen sites to get that functionality back. No thanks. I just won't watch. It's 99% GARBAGE out there anyway. 500 channels and NOTHING on. Even Disney+'s Mandalorian. What was that? 5, 6 episodes and the season is over??? WTF!?? Is this now the UK? My god. I canceled my free trial faster than you can say Meeesssaaaa!

Monthly fees for what? ZERO content unless you want to watch Candleshoe or the Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes (I already owned the Marvel and Star Wars Stuff (in 3D no less); I'm not going to pay to watch what I already own in a better format. In fact, I already own The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes even.... Disney- is more like it.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
They really can’t expect everyone to subscribe to them continuously, except Netflix and Prime...they can. :)
If they keep releasing solid original content every 2 months that might change. That is my problem with D+, not enough good original content to keep me vested yet. I am not a fan of every Marvel, Star Wars etc. so I may cancel after The Falcon & The Winter Soldier until the stuff I want to watch is launched.

I do not bother with Netflix or watching stuff on Prime (which really isn’t a good value anymore, but I have to keep it for certain supplements we use regularly). I rent more on iTunes than either (and that stopped too).

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If they keep releasing solid original content every 2 months that might change. That is my problem with D+, not enough good original content to keep me vested yet. I am not a fan of every Marvel, Star Wars etc. so I may cancel after The Falcon & The Winter Soldier until the stuff I want to watch is launched.

I do not bother with Netflix or watching stuff on Prime (which really isn’t a good value anymore, but I have to keep it for certain supplements we use regularly). I rent more on iTunes than either (and that stopped too).
My wife watches Netflix and Acorn daily, I watch Netflix regularly, and we have Prime (for shipping) so... based on content, they are a good value for us. I did sign up for a year of Disney+ and hope my wife gets it out of her system. For everything else I gorilla subscribe.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I dunno weather this is Disney or Apple's policy (...sounds like Apple's), but if you wish to re-activate your disneyPlus account like me, thee is a way to get billed via iTunes when you reactivate, but unfortunately hat means you gotta sgn in with the same credentials you used for iTunes account..

That's what Display support told me.. Kinda of a security risk, but i guess once in, i can change my password.

I talked to Disney about there should be an "iTunes Billing" option under changing payment type, but they ushred me to say "That's Apple's policy"

I doubt that, as how can a separate service be Apple's policy? They have no control over Disney. And if there would just be an iTunes billion option for these services, everyone will keep their shows intact..

In any case, my DisneyPlus is now billed via iTunes, but unfortunately all my shows are gone, as it's a 'new account'

Thanks allot.. :p

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I dunno weather this is Disney or Apple's policy (...sounds like Apple's), but if you wish to re-activate your disneyPlus account like me, thee is a way to get billed via iTunes when you reactivate, but unfortunately hat means you gotta sgn in with the same credentials you used for iTunes account..

That's what Display support told me.. Kinda of a security risk, but i guess once in, i can change my password.

I talked to Disney about there should be an "iTunes Billing" option under changing payment type, but they ushred me to say "That's Apple's policy"

I doubt that, as how can a separate service be Apple's policy? They have no control over Disney. And if there would just be an iTunes billion option for these services, everyone will keep their shows intact..

In any case, my DisneyPlus is now billed via iTunes, but unfortunately all my shows are gone, as it's a 'new account'

Thanks allot.. :p
This last time I subscribed to CBS All Access, I could have done it though ITunes or CBS, I believe it‘s the same for HBO. This time, I chose CBS. Binge watch of course. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.