Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You Like Tim Cook?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Let me just say... Terminator Cook. He has definitely been on Power Saving Mode.

Do you guys think F1 will invite him over again?
Haha, there's some energetic guy enjoying his life. He looks like someone just took a dump in front of his face.

Although he does look a little more authentic than when he's presenting new apple stuff. I think, if he'd stay in the background and keep that image of a dry, no-fun guy, while there was some entertaining guy with less clenched jaws in the front row, that would kind of look better.

He might be a "master of the supply chain", but his public performance alone is probably one of the reasons, apple has increasingly over the last years been described as cold and greedy.

Last edited:

blw777

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2022
As a F1 fan, his recent appearance at the Texas grand prix has got me disappointed. Complete lack of enthusiasm with the checkered.
Totally! For that one thing, it's obvious he really didn't have his heart in it. Makes you wonder why he agreed to do it in the first place.

Reactions: sorgo †

Alvinc

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2022
When I bought their devices I have difficult time in choosing:

2013: iPhone 5s vs iPhone 5c
2019: MacBook 2017 vs MacBook Air 2018
2022: iPhone SE (3rd) vs iPhone 13 mini

If this is Steve Jobs the products are clear so that I can choose mine more easily.

And even though Apple said something like Privacy matters or customers become product when it's free. I don't feel using Apple is better:

- more and more ads in App Store and even Maps
- more and more addictive features on Safari for example

brofkand

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2006
If Jobs were still around the iphone 6 and Apple Pencil wouldn't have been released either and maybe Apple would be stuck where it was. So there is that.

Yes. It could be the Steve Jobs Apple - if he was still alive - would have a market cap of $340B and floundering.

Cook did pivot Apple, like a slingshot. Maybe it pivoted in a way you do not care for, but Apple pivoted.

Fair point. Today’s Apple is completely different than it was when Cook first became CEO. I feel like there have been more flubs under Cook versus Jobs, but perhaps that is just how it goes as a company grows.

Reactions: I7guy

imdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
I don’t know him, neither do you. ’Crook’? I wouldn’t accuse anyone unless I was sure of my facts. All a bit over the top. Consumers have choices, you’re not a prisoner.
He has a monopoly and he’s no different than the robber barons. Matter of fact he’s worse than Rockefeller, Carnegie, JP Morgan etc
Illusion of choice. He’ll go down as one of the biggest frauds of all time, Bernie Madoff the II

johnb300m

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Cook is literally an Ops and supply chain guy. Hand picked by Jobs.
Jobs told him "it's yours now, never ask "what would Steve do?""
The board apparently still has faith in him.
He was never a creative. He's successful if he can hire other creatives under him.

johnb300m

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
He has a monopoly and he’s no different than the robber barons. Matter of fact he’s worse than Rockefeller, Carnegie, JP Morgan etc
Illusion of choice. He’ll go down as one of the biggest frauds of all time, Bernie Madoff the II
LOL no he's not.
In my cube area at work of 6 people, only 3 of us have Apple devices.
The rest are all Androids.

imdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
The Watch 3 came out 5 years ago.
Find a service to reset yours and roll back the OS.
Or upgrade to a refurb 'newer' model.
Five years is an eternity in electronics.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/6/23156839/watchos-9-series-3-compatibility-apple-watch-wwdc-2022
It’s not on watch os9, it’s 8.7.1 that bricks the series 3 and there’s no way to fix it. This is different than them announcing a certain OS isn’t supporting it anymore, they made an error that bricked watches

Weasel13

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
Don't know the man. Don't really care to know him. He would probably dislike me, but I don't care about him one way or the other. Seems to do a decent job and like most CEO's, gets compensated way too much. Hard to see how someone can say they care about their company while sucking down so much of their profits.

mukiex

macrumors member
May 31, 2016
I don't really have an opinion on Tim Cook, but literally 100% of all Apple products I've ever purchased has been under his watch, and I've been building my home PCs since 2000.

Weasel13

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
The Watch 3 came out 5 years ago.
Find a service to reset yours and roll back the OS.
Or upgrade to a refurb 'newer' model.
Five years is an eternity in electronics.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/6/23156839/watchos-9-series-3-compatibility-apple-watch-wwdc-2022
Just replaced my 5S and have an iPad Pro on order to replace my Air 1. Seems like a pretty good lifespan to me...

But you have a good point. Except for some old CRT monitors, I don't know of anything that can be bricked that can't be unbricked. The OP may not have the knowledge or ability to do it, but it can always be done.

• Haha
Reactions: johnb300m and imdog

Big Alsie

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2009
He's the head of a multi-billion (Trillion?) dollar company - he doesn't know me from adam. I do not like or dislike him, nor does he ever occupy my thoughts.

I've agreed and disagreed with his numerous decisions he's made, but here's the thing - he and his people are the experts, I'm not.

Bottom line, if you don't what Apple is offering, or feel the quality is not commensurate for the price being charged, buy something else. Life is to short to obsess over every perceived misstep or get angry over every policy or product decision Apple has made.
Try multi-TRILLION. I share a similar sentiment to you regarding the products that have been released during his tenure(some excellent, some not so much). However, publicly traded companies aren't really judged by their products but rather their share price. Tim Cook has grown Apple's share price beyond once imaginable levels. Share holders love him, plain and simple. He's not going anywhere as long as the stock continues to grow (and to a much lesser extent, people keep buying everything Apple releases).

Reactions: johnb300m

Big Alsie

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2009
It’s not on watch os9, it’s 8.7.1 that bricks the series 3 and there’s no way to fix it. This is different than them announcing a certain OS isn’t supporting it anymore, they made an error that bricked watches
Submit a claim through apple support. I had a previous watch (series 3...I think) get bricked by a watchOS update (can't remember which version). Apple sent me a new/refurb in return for the bricked model at no charge.

imdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
Submit a claim through apple support. I had a previous watch (series 3...I think) get bricked by a watchOS update (can't remember which version). Apple sent me a new/refurb in return for the bricked model at no charge.
But it's every series 3 in the world

Lekendy

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2022
Toronto, ON Canada
He's the head of a multi-billion (Trillion?) dollar company - he doesn't know me from adam. I do not like or dislike him, nor does he ever occupy my thoughts.

I've agreed and disagreed with his numerous decisions he's made, but here's the thing - he and his people are the experts, I'm not.

Bottom line, if you don't what Apple is offering, or feel the quality is not commensurate for the price being charged, buy something else. Life is to short to obsess over every perceived misstep or get angry over every policy or product decision Apple has made.
Well said. The end.

Reactions: johnb300m

Kwikyy

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2022
I absolutely loathe the crook. Apple has gone pathetically downhill and I feel like I'm holding on out of nostalgia for the old Apple. Right now I can't work out because these boneheads screwed up WatchOS on the latest update and now every Series 3 in existence is suddenly unusable. I use it as my heart rate monitor for my Peloton. Might as well just keep buying and returning new Apple Watches until these lazy thieves finally get around to un-bricking our watches. I've thought long & hard about filing a class action lawsuit against this clown for what he's done to Apple, I can't believe the estate of Steve Jobs hasn't went after this bozo with litigation of likes the world has never seen.

gettyimages-1241147382-tim-cook.jpg

Absolute moron, lets take a look at what's going on under his tenure and I won't even get into all the BS politics of this Benedict Arnold either which is the worst part.

- He bricked every Apple Watch Series 3
- Jelly scrolling iPad mini
- Vibrating cameras
- Peeling iPad airs
- Released an iPad that still uses Apple Pencil 1 but can't charge Apple Pencil 1 without a dongle
- but said dongle is on an over one month delay
- AirPods max spontaneously combusting into flames
- bad bluetooth on Mac minis
- fired Johnny Ive
- PUT A NOTCH ON A LAPTOP WITHOUT EVEN HAVING FACE ID THEN GETS RID OF THE NOTCH FROM IPHONE
- discontinues mini iPhone and now every phone is so large no NBA player in the world could use it one handed. matter of fact they couldn't use an iPhone mini one handed because they're all too big, but this pathetic scumbag only cares about profit margins so they brainwash people into thinking they want to carry around tablets.
- half of MacBook is squared and half is rounded, terrible design
- fattened the whole lineup of everything making them so complicated and so many stupid names too
- now everyone is fleeing from his tyrannical rein and there are no design experts left

take a trip down memory lane, read it and weep, this guy needs to be fired and kicked to the curb before he destroys whats left of Apple. I'm almost considering becoming one of those people with green texts because of how diasasterous this Nike glasses wearing bum. Take a hike
Apple Watch Series 3 was actually at its last cycle of life because of the 32 bits CPU. This situation couldn’t be compared to what happened to the original iPad, Apple Watch and iPhone. iPhone EDGE didn’t get iOS 4, iPad didn’t get iOS 6 and the watch didn’t get watchOS 5. About the jelly scrolling, it’s a normal behavior for LCD screens. It’s even more accentuated when we know the display controller is vertically on the left side instead of horizontally on the top. What do you mean by vibrating cameras ? It’s been fixed in iOS 16.0.2. The only known issue about AirPods Max is water appearing, and once again, it’s normal. By the way, Ive left on his own, but yeah, I at least admit that it was because Cook allegedly seemed disinterested. Concerning the mini, this is no surprise. It only represented about 3% of total iPhone production when it was released, and it’s even worse with the 14 Plus, except in China. Production being cut down by 40%, I don’t expect it to live again more than 2 years before disappearing too. Actually, only the Pro really sold very well this year. About naming, HomePod mini uses the same than Mac mini, and so does the 12 and 13 mini. The high end iPhone 15 next year is also rumored to possibly have ultra in the naming. M1 Max, AirPods Max and 14 Pro Max are similar too. The list goes on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.