Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I used to regularly take my phone out of its leather case and use a wet, soapy cloth to clean it. I've got a 6S. However, recently I noticed what looked like water just under the screen (middle right, near the sim socket). It dried out within a couple of hours but since then I've been more careful. Just a slightly damp cloth (still with a bit of soap). Works fine.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
Damp microfiber is all you need. lol @ all these elaborate and expensive methods, you just need to wipe it down. You can sterilize it all you want, but the next thing you touch will be full of germs anyway.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
Wash means just run it through tap water for few seconds and then wipe it clean with towel.

I do, lol. why? because i don't use case and my hand sweats a lot, so i wash it every couple days to ensure the sweats won't eat up the bezel (I know the XS has a SS bezel, but prior to X, iPhone bezel is made of aluminum and my phone got some rust build up, but then iPhone 6 is not a waterproof phone, so I only wipe it with wet paper towel very gently)

Anyone else?

I do this aswell from time to time. I just wipe it with a slighty wet towel and then dry it with another dry towel. Never had any problems. 8 Plus is water resistant anyways (not water proof, but it's not exposed to water, just a wet towel) and i also did this with my 6s and i never had any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.