Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Mine used to just come in for maybe 10-15 min here or there, due to the weather app. The past week or 2, it’s been on non-stop, still due to the weather app. Very annoying.

maxjohnson2

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2017
Can't speak for anyone else but I noticed the hollow arrow is on a lot. I turned off "Wi-Fi Networking" in the Location settings and it seems to go away. Otherwise the arrow appears even with WiFi off.

anevab26

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2018
it’s related to your Apple Watch face complications / watch faces that require location.

spunde

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2016
So i've installed the new Beta on my iPhone 11 Pro. No extra Setting to disable the chip so far.

The Location Arrow is currently not showing up, but I assume this will happen soon- i'll let you know after i've used the phone for a while.
Thx.
For me - too. Nothing about new toggles for disable U1, but the location arrow is currently not showing up.
Now I need to move around the city a lot to understand whether to fix the problem or not.

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Hollow arrow persistently on = It’s ? the ?Apple ?watch?face?

Glad you found ?Icon = If ?you ?have ?read ?the ?whole ?thread ?you ?would ?know ?what ?we ?are ?talking ?about. Annoying those ? or?

Again, some of us might have this issue while using an Apple Watch, I don't have an Apple Watch and still have the issue. So please consider that the Apple Watch is maybe causing the Issue, but there are also other factors.

For me - too. Nothing about new toggles for disable U1, but the location arrow is currently not showing up.
Now I need to move around the city a lot to understand whether to fix the problem or not.
And how was your day in the city? Did you see the arrow?

Reactions: Jpnl and rugmankc

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Looks like they created an all in one kill switch. That’s kinda drastic but it should kill that arrow if it bothers you.

it’s also on the iPads.

Last edited:

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Looks like they created an all in one kill switch. That’s kinda drastic but it should kill that arrow if it bothers you.

it’s also on the iPads.

I like the new option. If they are now getting rid of the battery drain, iOS 13 would be okay for me ;-) Thanks for pointing out the article @umzyi, i didn't see it before. Still, the switch is very hidden and doesn't explain anything but i'm glad the arrow is now gone.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Added the option in iOS 13.3.1 beta 2.

Attachments

• 4E02F180-25CE-45B4-AB0C-61FCB1129EAA.png
    4E02F180-25CE-45B4-AB0C-61FCB1129EAA.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 241

Jpnl

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2019
I updated to 13.3.1. With my current (and old) settings the arrow does not show up anymore! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.