Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Thanks for the info.

I only need the legs since I like the Tesla T-60 arms.
My last playthrough I collected a total of full 5 X01 PAs, 8 T-60s, and some other of the special ones. This was after completing all the DLCs. I had a building with all the suits. Haha.

The best PA is the Nuka Cola Quantum X01 as it doubles your AP refresh speed, but it takes a while to collect all the panels in the Nuka Cola DLC to unlock it.

Reactions: Plutonius

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Back at Post 57, I added this blurb about how to approach the content of the mods I listed:
  • Important: How to approach this content? Go to this link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/1112 and then scroll down to this section: Fusion City Rising, Outcasts & Remnants, Depravity, and Project Valkyrie: Which order should I play them?

Generally speaking, I don't use power armor at all.

Me neither, only to bring back power armor to a settlement so a settler can jump into it. I go with an assassin build and the game’s perk system makes you a bad ass, with sneaking and Vats. And I rarely use Vats because of the other in-game benefits I have given myself. :)

I recently added the Mortal Settler mod and watched 2 settlers at The Slog settlement die in a Super Mutant attack. This was good because it makes the game more realistic, and it makes my effort to equip settlers around The Commonwealth not feel like a waste of time. Yet I wonder how much difference in game mechanics does armor actually make for settler survival? :D

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Generally speaking, I don't use power armor at all.

my first play through on my imac I used power armour but soon realized it was far too easy, plus it was annoying when I found other power armour and I had to go back to sanctuary, leave my suit and go back again.

on all future playing I set a rule of no power armour except when you found a power armour you could put it on and finish that location and then take it back. I would then put the power armour on a high balcony id made in my purpose built 3 floor house in sanctuary

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I finished the Main Quest two nights ago and again mornfully watched the mushroom cloud sprout over the C.I.T. Ruins, north of the Charles River wiping out several hundred years of technology and asked myself, WHY? (within my game persona.) ?

Based on a post over at Steam, someone suggested the Valkyrie Project as the best ending (options) and more investigation reveals there are four associated mods that beside not locking you into a hogtied predetermined Bethesda ending, substantially open up your path through the Commonwealth.

I said 4, but I listed 6 mods and there is a reason. First, if I understand it right, I don’t have to blow up the Institute, nor kill any faction off if I don’t want to. And I have the ability to take over the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute! This is an exciting development, much better that the Best Ending you can manage by not completing certain quests in vanilla F4, which I described several posts ago.

Secomd, you may look at these mod names and think, why do I want to introduce a bunch of low life’s into the Commonwealth? What these mods do is add richer, in some cases adult content like slave trade and prostitution, but can you really imagine a post apocalyptic future where prostitution is not rampant and slave trade does not exist? In comparison, the vanilla game from a social dynamic is a bit boring. Do you want the PG-13 version of the P-A world? ;)

I like it for the flavor, added depth and immersion, and my understanding is even with the Hooker Settlement version installed you have control over how much if any prostitution you allow in any settlement. What actually drew me to HotC mod is that the first one listed incluses a working subway system that takes you to Fusion City. You get to visit a place other than the Institute that is not a falling down ruin.

Now despite the sales pitch, I got 5 the above mods installed last night using Nexus Mod manager (Farther down the linked page, not Vortex, doing manual downloads and installing from files), but have barely touched this content. It all installed and since I had just completed the main quest, I jumped back to my game progress 2 months ago, where I had a bunch of settlements already established to try out the new content.

I visited Cambridge and met a little girl wandering the street (coming from Red Rocket), but when I approached her she just texted me in Russian, no recorded dialog. So I reloaded the Depravity mod again, (this is where the Deprwvity quest line starts), and this time I got a zip file to install instead of... something else. Removed the old mod, installed the new file and now she talked in English.

This time I approached her, her name is Stella and she told me she was waiting for her friend who had gone down the street to a building to loot, and he had not come back, would I help find him? I had to say yes, of course! ? Without spoiling what transpires, I’ll say this one quest is dynamic, in tempo and the narrative it tells, as compared to the vanilla, usual sweep the building to kill off feral gouls or raiders.

And it seems that Stella has a grudge against the minutemen who she holds responsible, including Preston Gravey for getting her family killed! I can’t vouch for all of these mods yet, but this was a great start. Now there is a video of this quest which is a huge spoiler so I have declined to post the link. ?

As I get farther in, I’ll report back.

Spoilers Regarding Fallout 4
Is this post a spoiler? Yes and No, Yes because you become aware of the options the game gives you but no, because you don't have free will to make the choices you most likely would, so it's a matter of being intelligently informed. :D

Depravity, Outcasts and Renegade plus Project Valkyrie Mods Report
These mods include nudity, ie naked women when they are taking showers and the F word on occasion.
I just completed most of these three mods overall, I am very pleased with them. They are really outstanding. I have become the interim Mayor of Diamond City, I manage Hotel Rex, I have deposed Elder Maxum as the head of the Brotherhood of Steel and I've become Director of the Institute and released all of the synths to stay or go as they please. These are really terrific options.

Depravity gets the ball rolling when you meet a group of slavers in Concord (same town where you first met the Minute Men and Preston Garvey. Well you'd think you'd want to kill them all, but most likely you won't if you want to do their quests which include making good changes in Good Neighbor and in Diamond City.

Project Valkyrie introduces you to Valkyrie, person who has been locked up in the Parson State Insane Asylum with experiments done on her by, you may guess, the Cabot Family. Note, she is naked when you meet her.

Regarding the BoS- It turns out that in times previous to Fallout 4, there was a power struggle in the BoS and a group split off into the BOG, but I just can't find what the name stands for online. A character told me in the game. Anyway the quest Wag the dog involves the daughter of a former leader of the BOS, Sara who wants to get the BoS back on mission, preserving invaluable technical data and stop plotting to destroy the Institute, the single most important source of technology in the commonwealth.

She also has ideas for the Institute, helping an outcast doctor make some upper management changes in the Institute and helping them see the light, that hording all of their technological goodies, while ****ing with the people of the Commonwealth is a bad idea. You can make this happen. You also have options to kill both Desdemona and Preston Garvey, or make peace with them as a representative of the Institute.

My Opinion (Mod Spoilers)
These are incredible mods, they open up Fallout 4 to offer endings that are more satisfying. I fully endorse them. However, that said, these endings although wonderful, are also on the simplistic side. I don't think that simply having a conversation with Elder Maxum would be enough to make him step down, although it's a long conversation. Also I think there would be real physical conflict in such an endeavor, you would not see the entire BoS organization just roll over even if you are bringing back Sara, a former active member of the BoS back into the fold.

The same goes for the Institute. Here taking over the Institute involves killing or transporting 4 -6 top members of the Institute to prison or murdering them. You do get to talk to Father about it and he is resigned to this new change, and it seems you bypass his death bed scene, but he does die, he is just not there when you return after the overthrow. This is on the simplistic side to. I think you'd have a battle on your hands like you do in the vanilla version of the game when you take over the Institute before blowing it up.

So My reccomendation
In the unlikely even that you've not played this game, play the initial game through to the end and pick an ending that the game funnels you towards, where only 2 factions remain standing at the end. Note, that if you don't pick the Institute to side with, it will be destroyed at the end of the game. And if you choose the Institute, I'd ask, what the hell is wrong with you? ?

However IMO, if you want to see a better ending with 3 factions left standing, although the Institute still becomes a crater, jump back to this post, and with some choices as to which quests you want to complete, you can have 3 factions living in relative harmony with you being friends with all of them.

I will tell you when you are standing on a building and watch the mushroom cloud rise in Cambridge it is sobering, and had an impact on me, and while you might be wowed, you might just be asking yourself why the hell when we were in the institute, we just did not take the place over, why blow it up for christ's sake???

So to continue, my option is that first time through you take the game to the main quest climax, what the mushroom cloud, and then say to your self I'm going to go this better. Install the mods posted above, at a minimum Outcasts and Renegades, Depravity, and Project Valkyrie, then start over, *or* roll the game back to a mid point where you have met all 4 factions, but have taken no quests where you get a mission where one faction asks you to attack another faction, and preferably before you have made it to Good Neighbor.

There is an outcome in the vanilla game where Hancock, the goul in charge of Good Neighbor will resign as mayor and offer to become your companion. If you have already done this, these mods still work, but you may have assigned Hancock to one of your settlements, he will magically appear in good neighbor for some of this mod content. It's not to bad of a disconnect if this happens.

If you are asking yourself how do you approach this mod content, there is a link to the Project Valkyrie Mod posted above that tells you the best way to work these mods into the vanilla game. For example if a new game, don't do the Murphy's law quest until you are about level 20.

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Spoilers Regarding Fallout 4
Is this post a spoiler? Yes and No, Yes because you become aware of the options the game gives you but no, because you don't have free will to make the choices you most likely would, so it's a matter of being intelligently informed. :D

Depravity, Outcasts and Renegade plus Project Valkyrie Mods Report
These mods include nudity, ie naked women when they are taking showers and the F word on occasion.
I just completed most of these three mods overall, I am very pleased with them. They are really outstanding. I have become the interim Mayor of Diamond City, I manage Hotel Rex, I have deposed Elder Maxum as the head of the Brotherhood of Steel and I've become Director of the Institute and released all of the synths to stay or go as they please. These are really terrific options.

Depravity gets the ball rolling when you meet a group of slavers in Concord (same town where you first met the Minute Men and Preston Garvey. Well you'd think you'd want to kill them all, but most likely you won't if you want to do their quests which include making good changes in Good Neighbor and in Diamond City.

Project Valkyrie introduces you to Valkyrie, person who has been locked up in the Parson State Insane Asylum with experiments done on her by, you may guess, the Cabot Family. Note, she is naked when you meet her.

Regarding the BoS- It turns out that in times previous to Fallout 4, there was a power struggle in the BoS and a group split off into the BOG, but I just can't find what the name stands for online. A character told me in the game. Anyway the quest Wag the dog involves the daughter of a former leader of the BOS, Sara who wants to get the BoS back on mission, preserving invaluable technical data and stop plotting to destroy the Institute, the single most important source of technology in the commonwealth.

She also has ideas for the Institute, helping an outcast doctor make some upper management changes in the Institute and helping them see the light, that hording all of their technological goodies, while ****ing with the people of the Commonwealth is a bad idea. You can make this happen. You also have options to kill both Desdemona and Preston Garvey, or make peace with them as a representative of the Institute.

My Opinion (Mod Spoilers)
These are incredible mods, they open up Fallout 4 to offer endings that are more satisfying. I fully endorse them. However, that said, these endings although wonderful, are also on the simplistic side. I don't think that simply having a conversation with Elder Maxum would be enough to make him step down, although it's a long conversation. Also I think there would be real physical conflict in such an endeavor, you would not see the entire BoS organization just roll over even if you are bringing back Sara, a former active member of the BoS back into the fold.

The same goes for the Institute. Here taking over the Institute involves killing or transporting 4 -6 top members of the Institute to prison or murdering them. You do get to talk to Father about it and he is resigned to this new change, and it seems you bypass his death bed scene, but he does die, he is just not there when you return after the overthrow. This is on the simplistic side to. I think you'd have a battle on your hands like you do in the vanilla version of the game when you take over the Institute before blowing it up.

So My reccomendation
In the unlikely even that you've not played this game, play the initial game through to the end and pick an ending that the game funnels you towards, where only 2 factions remain standing at the end. Note, that if you don't pick the Institute to side with, it will be destroyed at the end of the game. And if you choose the Institute, I'd ask, what the hell is wrong with you? ?

However IMO, if you want to see a better ending with 3 factions left standing, although the Institute still becomes a crater, jump back to this post, and with some choices as to which quests you want to complete, you can have 3 factions living in relative harmony with you being friends with all of them. I will tell you when you are standing on a building and watch the mushroom cloud rise in Cambridge it is sobering, and had impact on you, and while you are wowed, you might just be asking yourself why the hell when we were in the institute, we just did not take the place over, why blow it up for christ's sake???

So to continue, my option is that first time through you take the game to the main quest climax, what the mushroom cloud, and then say to your self I'm going to go this better. Install the mods posted above, at a minimum Outcasts and Renegades, Depravity, and Project Valkyrie, then start over, *or* roll the game back to a mid point where you have met all 4 factions, but have taken no quests where you get a mission where one faction asks you to attack another faction, and preferably before you have made it to Good Neighbor. There is any outcome in the vanilla game where Hancock, the goul in charge of Good Neighbor will resign as mayor and offer to become your companion. If you have already done this, these mods still work, but you may have assigned Hancock to one of your settlements, he will magically appear in good neighbor for some of this mod content. It's not to bad of a disconnect if this happens.

If you are asking yourself how do you approach this mod content, there is a link to the Project Valkyrie Mod posted above that tells you the best way to work these mods into the vanilla game. For example if a new game, don't do the Murphy's law quest until you are about level 20.

I'm up to level 95 (no mods) and I am still friendly with the Institute, Minutemen, Railroad, and the BoS.

And if you choose the Institute, I'd ask, what the hell is wrong with you? ?

You ask me all the time in PRSI :).

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm up to level 95 (no mods) and I am still friendly with the Institute, Minutemen, Railroad, and the BoS.

You ask me all the time in PRSI :).
Do you plan on following the best ending strategy (3 factions survive) Or who will you pick?

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm not reading ahead and whomever survives, survives :).

When I play again, I'll load your recommended mods.
In the vanilla game, you will reach a point where you are asked by one faction to attack another. There is a way to mitigate the outcome somewhat, by picking and choosing which quests you choose to complete or let them lay there. :)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
In the vanilla game, you will reach a point where you are asked by one faction to attack another. There is a way to mitigate the outcome somewhat, by picking and choosing which quests you choose to complete or let them lay there. :)

I hit level 100 and I'm up to the "Battle of Bunker Hill".

Is this the point that you are talking about ?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I hit level 100 and I'm up to the "Battle of Bunker Hill".

Is this the point that you are talking about ?
Yes, you are on the brink of committing yourself. If you want I can tell you which quests actually start turning factions against you if you do them. Mass Fusion (BoS) is one if them. They are described in one of the earlier posts about happy endings. These quests can be navigated (by not doing them) to keep 3 factions alive and you friends with all of the except... the Institute.

I would recommend taking this (before the battle) or a recent previous save and set it aside, take the game to the end, however you decide, and then roll it back, install the mods and do it again, to see which ending you prefer.

I suppose that Hancock is a possible companion in your current game. I mentioned this earlier about how this may mildly impact some of the mod content relating to Good Neighbor.
Spoilers follow...

• Go with the Institute and the Minutemen survive.
  • Go with BoS and Railroad/Institute die. I’m not sure about how the Minutemen fare. I’ve never took this route, but I believe there is a scenario (if you go with the Minutemen) where the Minutemen attack the Prydwin with their howitzers.
  • Go with the Railroad, or Minutemen and all 3 factions can live as long as you pick and choose which quests not to strategically do.

The Battle of Bunker Hill (Institute) is a freebie. You can be allied with all factions, and you can warn the BoS, the Railroad, and the Minutemen. You can go in there and basically shoot anyone you want and you won’t get ejected from any faction. Call it the fog of war. ;) I killed a BoS guy in power armor without ramifications with the BoS. I decided to kill the Institute Corsair I was working with (after the Battle started), turned the synths loose, and then lied to Father about how we were ambushed. He was unhappy about it, did not throw me out, and inexplicably, decides he wanted me to take over as leader of the Institute over the objections of just about everyone there. :)

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I killed a BoS guy in power armor without ramifications with the BoS.

I shoot BoS guys in power armor and synths all the time without ramifications (Stealthed with a silenced radium rifle) ) :). My favorite action is to sneak up on BoS that are wearing power armor (from behind) and pickpocket their power cores. They then exit their power armor and I steal the armor when they walk away.

I found that you lose the BoS faction if you kill any in / next to the hanger and inside the Prydwin (probably inside the police station too although not right outside it).

I'm not sure what kills will lose the synth (probably in their base).

One of my favorite missions is the BoS clear the fish packing plant. The plant is full of synth and the BoS kid you bring along (can't be killed) often runs around aggroing all the synth (similar to Leeroy Jenkins from WoW). Since I'm friendly with the synth, they ignore me and I can quickly take them out when they come together in a group.

Last game, I was shooting at the BoS base on the ground from the Prydwin :). You can even shoot the BoS that are outside and up on the deck of the Prydwin without them becoming unfriendly.

I have been doing a lot of building in the settlements and I'm curious about the physics when you can build a multi story unsupported wooden staircase. Also, what does the designer have against safety rails on a staircase :).

World of Warcraft Leeroy Jenkins

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I shoot BoS guys in power armor and synths all the time without ramifications (Stealthed with a silenced radium rifle) ) :). My favorite action is to sneak up on BoS that are wearing power armor (from behind) and pickpocket their power cores. They then exit their power armor and I steal the armor when they walk away.

I found that you lose the BoS faction if you kill any in / next to the hanger and inside the Prydwin (probably inside the police station too although not right outside it).

I'm not sure what kills will lose the synth (probably in their base).

One of my favorite missions is the BoS clear the fish packing plant. The plant is full of synth and the BoS kid you bring along (can't be killed) often runs around aggroing all the synth (similar to Leeroy Jenkins from WoW). Since I'm friendly with the synth, they ignore me and I can quickly take them out when they come together in a group.

Last game, I was shooting at the BoS base on the ground from the Prydwin :). You can even shoot the BoS that are outside and up on the deck of the Prydwin without them becoming unfriendly.

I have been doing a lot of building in the settlements and I'm curious about the physics when you can build a multi story unsupported wooden staircase. Also, what does the designer have against safety rails on a staircase :).

World of Warcraft Leeroy Jenkins

I‘ve had the BoS show the squire the ropes missions with the kid in tow. They are fun. Yes, I realized about accidentily killing BoS when out in the field, and thought ah-oh they are going to kick me out, but that did not happen. What happens out in the Commonwealth stays out there. Word never gets back.

Quite funny, WoW! :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I picked up an EGPU and an RTX 2060, so one game I was interested in seeing how it improved was Fallout 4 - not game play but downloading and installing the text pack. I forgot that said texture pack was 68GB :oops:

In firing up the game, with the texture pack, it was barely noticeable. I also googled it, and watched a couple of comparison videos. While the texture of rocks, bricks and other objects had more clarity in a side by side comparison, actual game play resulted in almost no noticeable difference. I've since deleted it, since its not giving me any improvement and hate into my SSD way too much

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I picked up an EGPU and an RTX 2060, so one game I was interested in seeing how it improved was Fallout 4 - not game play but downloading and installing the text pack. I forgot that said texture pack was 68GB :oops:

In firing up the game, with the texture pack, it was barely noticeable. I also googled it, and watched a couple of comparison videos. While the texture of rocks, bricks and other objects had more clarity in a side by side comparison, actual game play resulted in almost no noticeable difference. I've since deleted it, since its not giving me any improvement and hate into my SSD way too much
That’s interesting. Do you have a 4k monitor? If not, maybe there you’d notice it better. In my F4 mod content, I used a Greener Commonwealth type mod and am happy with how the game looks on 4k. I would think twice about a 58Gb download just for textures.

i just found this side by side comparison where I can hardy see the difference on my iPad, but maybe on 4k it would be more noticible: https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-high-resolution-texture-pack-comparison-screenshots/

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That’s interesting. Do you have a 4k monitor?
No, an ultra-wide, not 4k.

Don't get me wrong, looking closely you can see the difference but playing the game, its not noticable

This YT basically affirms what I wrote.

This one shows the close up difference and yes you can see the differences but as I mentioned when you're playing the game its not really jumping out at you

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
No, an ultra-wide, not 4k.

Don't get me wrong, looking closely you can see the difference but playing the game, its not noticable

This YT basically affirms what I wrote.

This one shows the close up difference and yes you can see the differences but as I mentioned when you're playing the game its not really jumping out at you
It's not enough to warrant the DL, imo.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It not enough to warrant the DL, imo.
I was trying to figure out why my C drive was almost out of space, and then using a utility, I zoomed in on fallout 4 and boom, I recalled the size was 68 GB - ouch. I've since deleted it

• Haha

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So it looks like I ran into an issue with Sim Settlements/ Rise of the Commonwealth Mod.

I went whole hog and making many (most) settlements a Sim Settlement and now those settlements are fully built out so I cannot add anything. Normally not a big deal, but I decided to go the minutemen faction and so I'm now needing to build 5 artillery cannons but most of my settlements have too much.

I guess I'll have to scrap/rebuild some ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So I've finished the game, and enjoyed the Sim Settlements mods, a couple of points

First - the game is really unstable with this mod, I think its mostly because I went overboard in using this. I think nearly every settlement that the game has to offer, I applied sim settlements.

Second - some settlements had great difficulty upgrading from L0 to L1 and I only got two settlements to level 3. Finch Farm and Sanctuary. Sanctuary was the first and yet it was difficult to get beyond L2. Other settlements like Abernathy farms and Sunshine Tidings are stuck at L0

Third - many of the layouts are quite imaginative, but I was a bit disappointed with the castle, where the settlement didn't fix the breaches of the wall. Personal preference, but I think putting concrete blocks in the sections that were exposed made more sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fourth - when I do another play though in the future, I'll be more judicious in which settlements are turned into sim settlements. Additionally, I'll probably ensure I use less mods I had a few extra mods that I don't normally run with and that may have increased the instability. Unlike the console version, I like how I could hit F5 for quicksave, not need to stop and save, just keep moving. That helped me not lose too much progress when the game crashed.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So I've finished the game, and enjoyed the Sim Settlements mods, a couple of points

First - the game is really unstable with this mod, I think its mostly because I went overboard in using this. I think nearly every settlement that the game has to offer, I applied sim settlements.

Second - some settlements had great difficulty upgrading from L0 to L1 and I only got two settlements to level 3. Finch Farm and Sanctuary. Sanctuary was the first and yet it was difficult to get beyond L2. Other settlements like Abernathy farms and Sunshine Tidings are stuck at L0

Third - many of the layouts are quite imaginative, but I was a bit disappointed with the castle, where the settlement didn't fix the breaches of the wall. Personal preference, but I think putting concrete blocks in the sections that were exposed made more sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fourth - when I do another play though in the future, I'll be more judicious in which settlements are turned into sim settlements. Additionally, I'll probably ensure I use less mods I had a few extra mods that I don't normally run with and that may have increased the instability. Unlike the console version, I like how I could hit F5 for quicksave, not need to stop and save, just keep moving. That helped me not lose too much progress when the game crashed.
I did mention the Triangle of Death with Sim Settlements, a known condition the developer is aware of and has posted on their web site. :) You don’t want 3 Sim Settlements in at least two places, Santuary-Red Rocket-Abernathy Farm and The Castle, Spectacle Island and Warwick Honestead. It overloads the game causing it to crash to desktop. The mod developer does offer a way to revert a settlement back to it’s starting point remotely if you can’t get inside the settlement without experiencing a crash. Let me know if you want more info. If you’ve finished maybe not.

And did you know you can donate materials to the settlements via the City Planner desk? I upped the carry weight of my toon, and carry a ton of stuff that I collect and bring back to these settlements to speed along the building process.

I went light on Sim Settlements and after seeing quite a few of them, I’m not as thrilled with them as I was when I was first exposed to them. All of the settlements are big piles of junk, and not efficient at all, maxing out with only 10 settlers or so. And after they are built and you disband the city planner and remove the plan, which stop future building, to remove some items to clean a settlement up a bit, requires Console commands, which are not difficult.

Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It overloads the game causing it to crash to desktop
Yep, I had read about the issues a while ago and I was saving it often but sometimes you forget. In fact the developer recommends that the auto-upgrade be disabled because of instability.

And did you know you can donate materials to the settlements via the City Planner desk?
Yep, I used that to push to the castle to level 2

I went light on Sim Settlements and after seeing quite a few of them,
I went overboard partly to see what each settlement looked like, I'll probably go light myself and pick and choose.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yep, I had read about the issues a while ago and I was saving it often but sometimes you forget. In fact the developer recommends that the auto-upgrade be disabled because of instability.

Yep, I used that to push to the castle to level 2

I went overboard partly to see what each settlement looked like, I'll probably go light myself and pick and choose.
Now you can roll back the game to a midpoint, use the town gavel to revert several of those Sim Settlements back to their vanilla state (for stability*) and try the mods as described in this post and keep this post in mind. ?

*I have links if you need them.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I actually like to start over and lay the ground work for the type of game play I have in mind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.