Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As I don't think there is a story mod I can run that does not turn this place (Nuka World) into a slide show, I installed NukaWorld Glory (no quests, just cleanup) and holy crap, it makes this park almost beautiful. I've decided I'm going to play along with the Raiders until the Home Sweet Home quest, which I believe involves talking over settlements in the Commonwealth. At that point it's Open Season baby. :D

Of note I was talking to the leader of The Pack, Mason and after I got done talking to him, I started murdering his dog at his dog fight as a test. Not a raider said a thing. I guess that's the power of being the boss. ?

I also killed the guard outside the Ampitheater where The Pack hangs out. No reaction from other raiders although the nearest was a ways off.

Second thoughts...
I’ve discovered doing quests for Raider bosses did not work out so good. Sure it’s fine to kill Super Mutants on their behalf, but at the hotel in Good Neighbor, there was a scavenger who double crossed The Disciples who I was supposed to execute. Well I did, and Fred Allen, a guy I did a quest for previously turned hostile and started trying to kill me and some other employees at the hotel, who did not seemed to be bothered by my execution in the space behind the main desk. Anyway, it’s not worth the trouble doing the Raider‘s biddings.

In The Grand Tour Quest, you are supposed to liberate all the individual parks in Nuka World and assign each one to a Raider group for their personal use. Liberating Kiddy World was not all that much fun. I like the head of The Operators, but I just don’t see it working out between us, crossed stars and all that. ;) So I have to think how I’m going to approach Nuka World. Open Season maybe just around the corner. :D

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It’s done, (but I saved the pertinent saves and I could always do it another way), and I changed my mind. ?

I’ve killed all the raiders in Nuka World, starting with the Pack in the ampitheater, which may have been the hardest way. There are a lot of raiders in there so it took me about 6 tries to get ahead of the incoming damage/healing curve.

I have to say instead of cavorting with the Raiders, it felt pretty good clearing them out although I regretted having to kill Mags (one of the 2 heads of The Operators). I mean if I can get along with Murphy, a slave trader who stripped me naked and tried to make me a slave (Outcasts and Remnants mod), there should have been a way to get on her good side, but the frequent complaint is tha Bethesda short changed the good path for the NukaWorld DLC. :confused:

If you decide to go on the Open Season route, it might be better to take them on in the streets first, but I have not verified this. In other word, I may have faced the same density of raiders when entering The ampitheater. The good news is that the leaders come to you, you don’t have to chase them.

Afterwards I spoke with Mekenzie, the trader who gave me the quest. She thanked me, told me now she just had to figure out how to remove their collars and that was it. No follow on quests which is a major fail for this DLC.

If you don’t want to be the Overlord of the NukaWorld Raiders, I can’t recommend this DLC. The ”good path” is extremely short.

Reading online, I know after Open Season, I can go to the power plant and turn the power on, and that I can make a settlement out of the Nuka World Red Rocket, wherever that is. I have no idea how big the boundaries of that settlement will be. Having the NukaWorld Glory mod installed, at least makes Nukaworld look presentable and not a giant junk yard.

I’m feeling a bit dissatisfied, so I might go back, start over, finish clearing out the parks (for the raiders), not take on any jobs to help them out, that puts me conflict with my settlements in the Commonweakth, them let them attack me, and then jump on Open Season. Yeah, that sounds good. :p

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Reading online, I know after Open Season, I can go to the power plant and turn the power on
Yes, but only if you finished all of the quests and assign each park to the raiders. That is if you started Open Season prior to clearing out each park then you won't be able to turn the power on

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes, but only if you finished all of the quests and assign each park to the raiders. That is if you started Open Season prior to clearing out each park then you won't be able to turn the power on
Well that settles it, a redo is in order. ? However someone said on line, that the power station could still be turned on (unverified), but I think I’ll finish clearing the rest of the parks, assign them to raiders, and go from there.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm playing through from the beginning so I can how Project Valkyrie
I'm chugging along nicely, and I'm high enough to now handle the Cabot quests, and I'm well into Project Valkyrie and I have to say this mod/quest is so much more polished and indepth then fourville. I'm enjoying this quite a bit more.

• Love

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm chugging along nicely, and I'm high enough to now handle the Cabot quests, and I'm well into Project Valkyrie and I have to say this mod/quest is so much more polished and indepth then fourville. I'm enjoying this quite a bit more.
That group of mods ncluding Fusion City Rising are quite impressive about what can be accomplished in a story mod. I’ll say Fusion City is optional. There are some quests, and the mod sets up a subway line to different locations in the Commonwealth, but with fast travel it’s not really needed, and Club Fusion seems to be resource intensive, but once loaded it runs ok in that space. If you want to go here to dance or mingle with the girls, I guess, but conversations are limited. ;)

I’ll continue with Sim Settlements too, because you can get City builds that are impressive and hard to duplicate, just don’t over do it. And Sanctuary Hot Springs is a an incredible Fallout 4 home, which puts Home Plate to shame and it does not seem to drag the game down, even with Sanctuary (main) right next door as a full blown Sim Settlement town. I built a tanning area out onto the lake. The games really needs the ability to lay down, so you could lay on a chaise lounge in the sun. :D

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Nuka World Round 2- I rolled back the game and finished doing the Grand Tour. I actually had fun in Safari World with Ceto, Dry Gultch, and Galaxy World which was the most demanding and most fun in the Robo Combat Zone and from the number of objectives scattered about.

I talked to Gage who insisted I do Home Sweet Home, raid the Commonwealth. This is where I started killing Raiders. I discovered Gage can’t be killed at the beginning, but can be at the end so I waited on him, and I reinforced the concept that The Pack should be taken down first. Walk in there peaceful like, stake out your position and let’r rip. If you try to walk in there (the amphitheater) after hostilities have started, you, at least I was cut down in seconds, not enough time to take cover. It was like 2 seconds and I was dead And that was trying to run as I was zoning in.

Then I went to the Power Plant and turned it on. Then to the Nuka World Red Rocket to create a settlement. And although I got an in game message that Nuka World was available as a settlement, Sim Settlements, at least the packs I have downloaded do not have a Nuka World Red Rocket plan. I’ll investigate that because I’m not feeling like manually building it.

Reactions: maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Nuka World Settlements- Nuka Park Settlements Plus Mod get's a thumbs up. I believe the default settlement in the vanilla Nuka World DLC is just the Nuka World Red Rocket. NW is a huge space without the ability to set up any settlements other than that, until you install this mod. It adds bunches of settlement locations and other things in Nuka World, without a big drag on the game. Really it's just placing Workshops at various locations in the park and allowing settlements to be set up. I can't say what will happen if you populate all of those settlements, but so far so good. :)

THIS MOD ADDS THE FOLLOWING:
15 fully working REGULAR settlements that can be taken or raided.
8 interior homes
35 new map markers
Unique enemies
Minor enhancements

--PARK SETTLEMENTS--
A total of 10 settlements in the main parks terrain
- Nuka City --> Nuka Town USA center area and the area surrounding the market
- Fizztop Grille --> Fizztop Grille Restaurant and the Fizztop Lake/Patio area
- Nuka Kingdom --> Kiddie Kingdom area
- Nuka Star --> Galactic Zone area
- Nuka West --> Dry Rock Gulch area
- Employess Area --> Dry Rock Gulch employees area
- Nuka Safari --> Safari Adventure area
- Nuka Factory --> Nuka Cola Bottling Plant Yard area
- Nuka Cola Bottling Plant --> Nuka Cola Bottling Plant Interior area
- Nuka Town Market --> Nuka Town Market area

--EXTERIOR SETTLEMENTS--
Another 5 settlements outside of main Nuka World
- Nuka World Transit Center --> Nuka World Transit Center area
- Hubologist Camp --> Hubologist Camp area
- Riverside Farm --> West of the main gate of Nuka World
- Barlow Estate --> The House on the north-east from Bradberton
- Vault-Tec Facility --> Located west of Northpoint reservoir

--HOMES--
8 Homes for those who want to build their own player home.
- Fizztop Grille Interior (workshop linked to the external Fizztop Grille workshop)
- Fizztop Mountain (Disciples)
- The Parlor (Operators)
- Bradberton Amphitheater (Pack)
- Nuka World Backstage (Pack)(workshop linked to Bradberton Amphitheater workshop)
- Primate House (Cito and Gorillas)(workshop linked to Nuka Safari workshop)
- Cappy's Cafe (workshop linked to Nuka Market workshop)
- King Cola's Castle Tower (workshop linked to Nuka Kingdom workshop)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I figured this thread would be better for this news.

I have to say this would definitely tempt me to subscribe, just as Apple TV's Foundation series may tempt me to subscribe to that

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
On my third play though based on a game save I’ve had going since 2017, I started to experience crashes to desktop in specific locations, so I nuked F4. Deleted it, removed the F4 folder content, reinstalled and created a new start with just a selection of the Bethesda sponsored mods, but I left out Sim Settlements. So far so good, but honestly I don’t know if I’ve fixed the issue.

I’ve got mixed feelings about Sim Settlements because what it does is amazing, but it also adds a ton of scripting into the Game, but I really like the idea of designating some developments for automatic development like an independent settlement would be. Even though I am God, I want to pretend I’m not. :D

The second step is to install Nexus mods including the content mods like Valkyrie, Hookers, and Beautiful Bodies and Body Slide capability.

I don’t think I care about Fusion City because once I got there last time, it was interesting, even impressive, but not a place I’d want to hang out, because once located, there was not much to do there and I could tell it added a lot of overhead to the game.

I’ll see how this goes, but it’s possible my F4 excursions are coming to an end. Most of the mods I’m using have not been updated since 2017, but this is a mature game and should not be changing at this point.

I figured this thread would be better for this news.

I have to say this would definitely tempt me to subscribe, just as Apple TV's Foundation series may tempt me to subscribe to that

Wow, all I can say is it depends on the reviews, but I would almost be obligated to watch. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I’ve got mixed feelings about Sim Settlements
Same here, I'm actually reinstalling FO4 on my machine, simply because of unrelated events that required a recovery of my computer. I'm now downloading Fallout 4, and I'm debating what plug-ins to install. I found Sim Settlements/Rise of the commonwealth slow things down, and increase instability. I also found that in my last couple of playthroughs, the settlements stop improving at level 3. I reached all of the thresholds needed but they just sit there

As for Valkyrie and Fusion City, I'm not sure. I never finished the playthrough with those mods, and since I had to initiate a complete system recovery I'm not sure if Steam saved the games to the cloud

I'm at a point where I'm playing FO76 less, doing some grinding to add to my treasury notes for a future purchase and doing some events but not spending a ton of time in there. I'm waiting on Bethesda to drop new content, mostly.

I'm thinking of re-starting a FO4 run with Valkyrie and Fusion City but in all honesty, the author(s) seem overly obsessed with big busted woman, and while I'm no prude, I'd rather not have some of that being flaunted about, especially when my kids are around. Basically, is it worth playing if I'm embarrassed when my wife or kids walk by?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If there is anyone reading this who never played Fallout 4 and is thinking about it, I would strongly suggest playing though the vanilla version at least once. There is a way to get a good ending where 3 of 4 factions survive, but I’ll wait for any questions about that. ;)

Same here, I'm actually reinstalling FO4 on my machine, simply because of unrelated events that required a recovery of my computer. I'm now downloading Fallout 4, and I'm debating what plug-ins to install. I found Sim Settlements/Rise of the commonwealth slow things down, and increase instability. I also found that in my last couple of playthroughs, the settlements stop improving at level 3. I reached all of the thresholds needed but they just sit there

As for Valkyrie and Fusion City, I'm not sure. I never finished the playthrough with those mods, and since I had to initiate a complete system recovery I'm not sure if Steam saved the games to the cloud

I'm at a point where I'm playing FO76 less, doing some grinding to add to my treasury notes for a future purchase and doing some events but not spending a ton of time in there. I'm waiting on Bethesda to drop new content, mostly.

I'm thinking of re-starting a FO4 run with Valkyrie and Fusion City but in all honesty, the author(s) seem overly obsessed with big busted woman, and while I'm no prude, I'd rather not have some of that being flaunted about, especially when my kids are around. Basically, is it worth playing if I'm embarrassed when my wife or kids walk by?

I’ll post my new list of mods for my 4th play though. It’s still rather long, but shorter than before.

I think Outcasts is required (or it it Depravity?) as a core mod for the others. I’ll refer back to this post: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fallout-4-discussion.1939095/post-27960993. As I remember (which mod does which) Outcasts is required, I believe it lets you become owner of the hotel in Good Neighbor, maybe mayor too, but I could be confused which does what.

Regarding big busted women which I do not prefer, I don’t remember that associated with those mods, but not saying you are wrong. :)

Regarding nudity, In Outcasts, who involves Murphy, the slave trader in Concord, you end up naked in a cell. However I think that’s because I had installed the Caliente’s Beautiful Body Mod, which replaces body models that have built in dirty underwater, to nude bodies that allow for things like swim suits. My Santuary Hot Springs Mod, located on the lake behind Sanctuary, which I endorse heartily as a player home has a natural hot tub with a water fall. I have assigned settlers there, they can be assigned to the Springs or to the house, which is a bunker. It looks odd to have settlers wading into the hot tub to relax while wearing battle gear. Of course the ones wearing swim suits, I just keep them in swim suits, but they are armed and dangerous, and that location has never been attacked. I‘ve ditched Mortal Settlers not because it was bad, but it’s just not that important in the big scheme.

One thing I have tried multiple times is after saving Paladin Dance, is to get him to quest with me. I even have a guide on how to romance him, (I’m playing a female character as usual ;)), but it has not worked. He just hangs out at his bunker and tells me I’m one hell of a soldier. :confused:

Valkyrie allows you take over the Institute and the Brotherhood of Steel. She starts out nude too, in a cell, but again I think it’s the reference mod.

I left Fusion City off this time. The Fusion City Night Club and Club Snuggle are both technically impressive, but the flamboyant outfits worn by some of the patrons do nothing for me. Those locations serve mostly as eye candy, imo. FC, located in the Glowing Sea, also has a subway that connects to multiple locations in the Common Wealth, but it’s not much better than fast travel other that it deposits you into the heart of Fusion City which is a plus. There is a quest in Fusion City in an underground complex where the layout is complex and it’s tough to locate the desired locations. I ended up relying a lot on the local map, much more so than for vanilla locations. The glowing green dot that represents your target is harder to come by in these mod locations.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My Fallout 4 Updated Nexus Mod Manager List July 2020
----------------------------------------
Scroll down to see Bethesda supported Mods.
Note:
These mods are not supported by Bethesda but they work. You need to download the Nexus Mod Manager. https://www.nexusmods.com. I do not use Vortex. I download the file from Nexus and then use the Nexus Mod Manager to install them (from file) into the game and track them and any updates. When installed, the Nexus Mod Manager auto categorizes them as seen below.
DA- Deactivated not deleted
Act- Activated

Clothing
  • Act- Sporty Underwear- CBBE -BodySlide 2016- Used as swim suits, they look like swim suits.
Cat- Crafting -Home
  • Act- Renovated Furniture Created by aesfocus. 2017
Cat- Gameplay Effects and Changes
  • Act- Identify Friend or Fore (IFF) Targeting within Scope- To work you need a Night-Vision/Recon Scope.
Cat- Hair and Face Models
  • Act- Caliente’s Beautiful Bodies Enhancer- CBBE-
Cat- Locations- New
  • Act- Hooker’s of the Common Wealth (HotC)- This version auto inserts hookers who will be wandering around Diamond City and Good Neighbor. They are mostly for visual immersion into the environment, although they can be hired for 5 seconds of sound effects. ;)
Cat- Models and Textures
  • Act- Fallout Texture Overhual Stars
Cat- NPC- Vendors
  • Act-Hookers of the Common Wealth Settlement Edition (HotC SE)- This version allows you to insert hookers into your settlements.
Cat- Category Quests and Adventures
  • Act- Depravity- A Harmless Bit of Fun
  • DA- Fusion City Rising
  • Act- Outcasts and Remnants
  • Act- Project Valkyrie
  • DA- Nuka-World Reborn: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32857 If you haven't started Nuka-World yet, go and defeat Colter first. Then, the mod's Trader questline and the Raider quest will start. If you have already defeated Colter, the mod's Trader questline and the Raider quest will start straight away. There are two other questlines as well (please see the Features section below, on how to start them). There's a total of 16 proper quests for you to do (not including the warning quests), though you will not be able to do all of these on a single play-through.
Cat- Unassigned
  • Act-Automatically Lowered Weapons.
  • Act-CWSS Redux v2- Crafable Working Showers, Sinks, Baths, Toilets Urinals Kitchen etc
  • DA- Nuka World Glory (for now).
  • Act- Scrap Everything- Huge benefit to remove settlement clutter.
  • DA- TabsMissingFix -22205-1-1 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22205?tab=description- create a holo tape for menus, run tape and fix takes place. (Installed when needed. Note Bethesda version below).
  • DA- Nuka World Settlements (for now)
Cat- Utilities
  • Act- Body Slide and Outfit Studio- You need to search for a guide online to use this. I have a link somewhere if someone asks.

In Game Bethesda Mod List July 2020:
Note:
These mods are accessed when in game on start page by selecting Mods. Bethesda sponsors them. The list above is not sponsored by Bethesda.
DA- Deactivated.
Act- Activated
  • Act-[PC] Battett M82A1 Anti Material Rifle (Beta)
  • Act-[PC] Modular Kitchens Updated
  • Act- Companions can sneak
  • Act- Realistic Insects Health [PC]
  • Act- HUDFramework [PC]
  • Act-Healthier Commonwealth PC
  • Act-[SMM] Settlement Menu Manager- This is similar to the Tab Missing Fix up above. See this fix Disabled
  • Act- Settlement Limit Slashed- very small download.
  • Act-Skibadaa Weapon Pack- REDUX (PC)
  • Act 7/6-(PC) Pre-War and Post War Sanctuary House Build Set
  • Act- The Eyes of Beauty Fallout 4 Edition
  • Act- Buffed Minutemen Militia 2
  • Act- Girly Animation
  • Act- Sanctuary Hot Springs Home & Settlement [PC] https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1642043267245709872/
  • Act- FN Five-seveN(PC)- Pistol.
  • Act-Advanced Settlement Turret Set- Complete
  • Act-NCR Veteran Ranger Armor (PC)
  • Act-Solar Power
  • DA- Check this out… Tales from the Commonwealth (Content Questing mod)
  • Act- Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR) (PC:All DC)
  • Act- Improved Maps with Visible Roads
  • Act- Loving Cait
  • Act- Companion Infinite Ammo
  • Act-[PC] Ponytail Hairstyles by Azar v2.5a
  • DA-Visible Companion Infinity.
  • Act-Weightless Junk
  • Act- Santuary Bridge Fix
  • Removed 7/11 DA- Unoffical Fallout 4 Patch- Issues with this mod, frequent crashing.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Regarding big busted women which I do not prefer, I don’t remember that associated with those mods, but not saying you are wrong.
I forget where, but part of the Valkyrie quests the BOS bunker has some, and I stumbled upon some sort of night club next to Valkyrie's apartment that had them - seems overly sexual for a game but I get it - a bunch of teenage boys/young adults creating the content.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I forget where, but part of the Valkyrie quests the BOS bunker has some, and I stumbled upon some sort of night club next to Valkyrie's apartment that had them - seems overly sexual for a game but I get it - a bunch of teenage boys/young adults creating the content.
Club Snuggle!! ? Counter it with Hookers of the Commonealth to balance out breast sizes. ;)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This may be a big discovery for random crashes to desktop, I started getting some when I tried to fast travel and I was like OH SH*T, what mod is causing this?? But I researched "random crashes" and found this:

*Papyrus Logging:
www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2vbt2l/enabling_papyrus_debug_logging_apparently_can/

Although the link says Skyrim, it appears to work for Fallout 4. The document, Fallout4.ini is found in PC/Documents/MyGames>Fallout 4> Fallout4.ini.
Note: On 8July20 just turning these values from 0 to 1 seemed to fix my fast travel Crashing. :D

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Last edited:
Reactions: Plutonius

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
  • Removed 7/11- Unoffical Fallout 4 Patch- Issues with this mod, frequent game crash on fast travel or transitioning to another area. And it's supposed to fix bugs... maybe if you don't have a bunch of mods loaded? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
maybe if you don't have a bunch of mods loaded?
You do seem to have a high amount of mods installed. I think at the height of my game playing, I probably had a 10th or a 20th of what you had. The only instability I ran into was rise of the commonwealth related to santuary and/or having too many settlements use that mod.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You do seem to have a high amount of mods installed. I think at the height of my game playing, I probably had a 10th or a 20th of what you had. The only instability I ran into was rise of the commonwealth related to santuary and/or having too many settlements use that mod.
Last play though I had a large number of mods and zero issues other than the Triangle of Death issue associated with Sim Settlements. Those are removed.

I almost hit the last straw when I was getting a series of crashes to desktop just trying to get into Diamond City, so I removed a couple of mods which made no difference, but then hit paydirt when I removed the Fallout 4 Unofficial Fix mod. Ironically I did not have this installed the last play through and ironically added it only because it promised to fix a bunch of problems, of which I never had. Doh! :confused:

Back to no crashes when fast traveling or entering Diamond City, fingers crossed! :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Previously reported, but good news regarding me, F4, and lots-O-mods. It appears that after several days of calamities, I’ve now had several days of game being stable as I remember it could be. Steer clear
of the F4 Unofficial Patch if you are using other mods and the game is crashing. There seems to be conflicts between the Patch and other mods, but which specific mods I can’t say. See my current mod list in post 140. It’s refreshing! :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sim Settlements 2 is out, and based on what I've heard/read its a sizeable mod, DLC sized and its on par with a Bethesda DLC with top notch voice acting

I may fire up my FO4 and restart playing this

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've reinstalled Fallout 4, and I'm going through Nexus mods to pick and choose what mods to start the game with. I generally try to start off vanilla, but I think there may be a handful that I want.

If Sim settlements wasn't upgraded, I'd probably not bother with installing that mod, but since its a new version since I last played I may install that mod once I get a further along in the story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.