Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
I kinda miss the 11 Pro series of iPhones. The curved sides with the matte finish on the back makes it such a premium feeling device. I might downgrade my 15 for a 11 Pro Max but I’m still on the fence about it. When I do the math, I’ll lose some money with this move but whatever, you know?

I’m wondering if anyone has downgraded before or had the feeling to do so?
Yes, I’m currently researching, and waiting for, the iPhone SE 4 to replace my iPhone 13 when that day comes. Prices are getting to be prohibitive.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
Really? I thought that was the body they used for the 13 mini. It was the body they used for the original SE
The screen size is the difference. The iPhone SE screen size is shorter due to the thick top and bottom bezels.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
Well yeah but it still the same body. You want the screen size to be full
True, and this is where I think the newer iPhones have spoiled us. I started with the iPhone 4s years ago so I don’t mind having to scroll more often.

MallardDuck

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2014
I kinda miss the 11 Pro series of iPhones. The curved sides with the matte finish on the back makes it such a premium feeling device. I might downgrade my 15 for a 11 Pro Max but I’m still on the fence about it. When I do the math, I’ll lose some money with this move but whatever, you know?

Nope, I want the latest iOS, with full security features and performance. Better to sit and wait for the next redesign and move to a much longer upgrade cycle.

Reactions: I7guy

Dog Bone Malone

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
Muffsville, Jannerbama. Uk.
I've owned most iPhone models through the years. My 15+ is the best all rounder I've owned. Battery, rounder edges, screen size, performance, camera, etc etc. I've haven't been this content since my 11 PM days.

My problem is, what do I do in September? Keep it? I don't have the need for a pro phone, or want an even bigger phone!

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
When I do the math, I’ll lose some money with this move but whatever, you know?
No I don’t know.

Going backwards by 4 generations with smartphone tech is a concept I can’t make sense of.

Form factor is clearly dictating your decision here, when the overriding thing should be performance & smart use of your money…

TheLion01

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
The Netherlands

Only time that I downgraded my phone (that I can remember) was when I 'downgraded' from a Galaxy S2 (which was spec-wise better in everyway) back to my iPhone 3GS because I liked iOS better. What I actually did downgrade was my computer last year.

If you like the iPhone 11 Pro Max because of it's design, I would totally go for it. Especially now when it still receives iOS updates. Maybe if you can afford it, you can keep the iPhone 15 in a drawer for later when you want to upgrade to a newer iPhone, or regret the 'downgrade'. A duo sim might also be a option when your provider supports it. With this you can use the same phone number on 2 phones, so you can switch back and forward to which iPhone you feel like using that day: best of both worlds.

Reactions: Al Rukh

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Yes and No.

Had a 12PM and decided to get a 13PM and gifted my 12PM to my daughter. Looked at the 14PM and skipped it. Then my kids got me a 15PM as a gift and my current 13PM went to another of my kids.

End of the day, they all seemed pretty much the same. If not for the gift, I would still be using the 13PM.
I appreciate the improvement in tech from Apple, however in general use I am not seeing much of a difference.

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Why in Tim’s name would you go back to an old phone after you got rid of it in the first place because you didn’t want it anymore?

People are weird😂

I’m very happy with the 15 PM, best phone so far in my experience.
boredom

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Don't do it. The 11 has that god awful Intel cellular modem and is complete trash compared to the later Qualcomm phones. The difference is not subtle. I went from an 11 Pro to a 14 Pro and it was like I'd gone 10 years into the future, cellular-technology wise. I'd get great service in areas that were completely "dark" on my old 11 Pro.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
i just dont know how you would get bored of a iphone 15, its a great phone for the money! packed with features and light! I prefer it to my pro honestly... going back to an 11? Battery issues?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
i just dont know how you would get bored of a iphone 15, its a great phone for the money! packed with features and light! I prefer it to my pro honestly... going back to an 11? Battery issues?

I don’t think it is getting bored of the 15, whichever model, rather is it what you really wanted design wise, and was it worth it?

What I do on my 15PM I could do on my 13PM. Running apps it doesn’t feel faster. The 15PM is a good device. Then again, so was the 13PM. -for my use case-

I really liked my 8 Plus. Would I go back as is? No. But if I could have the design with the internal updates … yes.

Last edited:

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
I have a brand new 14 Pro collecting dust while I still daily drive my now 5 yr old Xs on iOS 14.8. Why? Because the Xs is jailbroken and the 14 Pro is not (that will change within the next few months). Despite losing support for a few apps, the Xs works just fine. In fact I could easily use this phone a few more years on said version if apps kept working. (Yes I am well aware I could update to iOS 17 for longer app support).

• Wow
Reactions: TacoFan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.