Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Is there a tweak that turns off 3G voice but allows wifi? Airplane mode turns off everything and doesn't allow usage of wifi. Why I'm asking - I don't want to yank out my SIM card when I go to Canada to avoid exorbitant roaming costs, but still be able to use wifi wherever available. My 6+ is not unlocked and I don't want to buy an international SIM card.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Is there a tweak that turns off 3G voice but allows wifi? Airplane mode turns off everything and doesn't allow usage of wifi. Why I'm asking - I don't want to yank out my SIM card when I go to Canada to avoid exorbitant roaming costs, but still be able to use wifi wherever available. My 6+ is not unlocked and I don't want to buy an international SIM card.
Just activate airplane mode then turn wifi back on. No tweak needed!

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I've noticed that if I get a text while I have the messages app open, it doesn't give the usual sms tone. Sometimes after sending or receiving a text, I'll just put the phone back in my pocket without exiting the app. Then, if someone send another text, I don't always hear it.
Is there a tweak (or perhaps just a setting I've missed) that ensures I'll always get a text tone, even if I leave the app open?

Last edited:

sura

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2013
Is there a tweak that works like this: press the home button to return to the home screen; if not at #1 home screen, press again to get there; then press home button again to turn off screen. In other words, when at #1 home screen an additional press will turn off screen.

Instead of having to use the power/sleep button to turn off screen. Will Activator do it?

EDIT: Yes, Activator will work.

Last edited:

goke

macrumors member
May 23, 2014
Is there a tweak to drag and drop (m4a/mp3) music files to my iphone w/o using itunes?
What's the best method to sync music on a jailbroken iphone?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
can anyone recommend a tweak to improve scrolling in Safari?

recently got my first iphone (6s) and my jb ipad2 scrolls better than the iphone.

db25s

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Is there a tweak that can make the Screen flash when I receive a call?
I know about LED flash, I just want it for the screen

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
ipad2 jb on ios 7.12

i have a folder of ios applets - calendar, clock,camera, etc. can anyone recommend a tweak so that when I pick an ios applet to run from the folder, it closes the folder automatically afterwards?

as it stands now, i have to manually close the folder each time.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
ipad2 jb on ios 7.12

i have a folder of ios applets - calendar, clock,camera, etc. can anyone recommend a tweak so that when I pick an ios applet to run from the folder, it closes the folder automatically afterwards?

as it stands now, i have to manually close the folder each time.

FolderCloser or FolderEnhancer will do this.

Last edited:

HG_HG

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2015
Hello!
Quick request . .
Been searching for awhile on the web and come across a few apps that do similar things but not the exact process.

What it does: Takes a photo using the front camera every time you unlock the phone.
In detail description: It's like the app IcaughtU, but instead of capturing an image when an incorrect password is entered, it saves a photo to the camera roll every time the phone is correctly unlocked.

Thanks!

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
FolderCloser or FolderEnhancer will do this.

folderenhancer was it! thank you!

what happened is this:

originally, I had purchased folderenhancer when my ipad2 was jb'd on ios6.x. last year, due to a medical condition I suffered some short-term memory loss (among some other issues) and could no longer remember the security code to unlock my ipad. tried for over a month putting in various numbers with no luck...my sister had to take it to a nearby Apple store and they wipe/restored it to ios7 (at the time, that was the current ios version).

when the Pangu jb was discovered, I of course jb'd it immediately. once I entered 'folderenhancer' in Cydia, it pulled up my purchases and voila...all is good now.

thank you again!

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Hello!
Quick request . .
Been searching for awhile on the web and come across a few apps that do similar things but not the exact process.

What it does: Takes a photo using the front camera every time you unlock the phone.
In detail description: It's like the app IcaughtU, but instead of capturing an image when an incorrect password is entered, it saves a photo to the camera roll every time the phone is correctly unlocked.

Thanks!

maybe take a look at Activator. one of the triggers is when the device is unlocked, I think.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Anything to get the iPad pro keyboard on an iPad Air 2?

I used upscale to get the resolution of the pro, but the standard air 2 keyboard doesn't fill the space, and it hurts my OCD.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I need a tweak to get drop shadows on the icons on the home screen. Best tweak to do this? I want more conservative, light shadows like what was on iOS 6.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
IconOmatic will do this and has full customizable dynamic shadows.
Okay, cool. Thanks.

Also is there a tweak that does the same thing as Bloard? I really was looking forward to using that tweak whenever I got the chance to jailbreak my iPad mini 2/iPhone 6 running 9.2, but I saw it causes Cydia to crash. I don't want a third party keyboard or anything, just the stock dark one.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Came across this screenshot a couple minutes ago. What tweak are they using that changes the signal dots at the top? The empty dots are just dimmer, not empty circles. Looks cleaner imo. I don't even care about the tweak that is being showcased right in the middle of the screen lol. Just the dots.

Attachments

• predix.png
    predix.png
    941.7 KB · Views: 266

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Came across this screenshot a couple minutes ago. What tweak are they using that changes the signal dots at the top? The empty dots are just dimmer, not empty circles. Looks cleaner imo. I don't even care about the tweak that is being showcased right in the middle of the screen lol. Just the dots.
Never mind I found it. It's part of a theme called "Ayeris"

I kinda like the theme but I'd prefer not to use one at all, I want a more faithful jailbreak setup, just minor little changes. I only want the signal dots that come with it not all the new icons and stuff lol. It doesn't look bad though, I'll admit that. May end up using it some day.

Maverik3

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Meridian Idaho
What it does:
It allows you to make your own theme. Kinda. it basically found the name of the icon in your phone and created a folder so you could put the image you wanted into your own custom theme for spring board. Does that make sense? I used to have it like 2 years ago. Any help?

simoge

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2013
Hi sorry for my english
Exist one tweak as android that when i get iPhone from jeans or jacket turn on display without press any taste?
In Android is Called acdisplay

Thanks a lot

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Is there a tweak the functions like the field test app so you don't have to constantly dial for it?

Also, a tweak that lets you more easily switch between signal bars and dbm reading? Right now if you don't close field test via holding the home button on the power down screen, it switches to bars and stays that way... Annoying.

thetakeover

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Hello. Is there a an app or tweak to hide icons. Like if i wanna take safari and lock it away in another app that looks like something else? Much like the vault that looks like a calculator for pics? if that makes sense

and also something changes the name of the icon in the the system to where if i search for it in spotlight it wont show up ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.