Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many are Prime members?

• Me!

Votes: 153 82.7%
  • Not me..

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Thinking about it..

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
That’s quite sad. I’m glad I joined before the new year just in case they did. They shouldn’t do that if they want to keep their customers.

I think prime is really good value for money. They’re probably not going to lose many customers with a little bit of increase. Of course if it’s a lot then people will reconsider.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
That’s quite sad. I’m glad I joined before the new year just in case they did. They shouldn’t do that if they want to keep their customers.

Prices haven‘t risen every year.

Prime started in 2005 at $75
In March 2014 it increased to $99.
In April 2018 it increased to $119.

Month to month memberships started in 2016 and has risen once.

Last edited:
Reactions: akash.nu and D.T.

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
Prices haven‘t risen every year.

Prime started in 2005 at $75
In March 2014 it increased to $99.
In April 2018 it increased to $119.

Month to month memberships started in 2016 and has risen once.
It’s $130 now. I just renewed this month. So it keeps going up. Maybe not year after year, but the price hiking was the point of my comment.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
It’s $130 now. I just renewed this month. So it keeps going up. Maybe not year after year, but the price hiking was the point of my comment.

Sorry, I’m in the US. Perhaps that’s the difference? My subscription renews in June 2020 @ $119. Or maybe the latest pricing isn’t reflecting in my account information.

But yes I do expect price hikes over time and as features and services are added.

3AA787DD-9E0C-4BE1-AF0A-93174521A4CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
My subscription is $119 / year but my bill shows $131.38. I imagine that's with tax added.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
i never did, or will, use anything that has to do with Amazon.

Who was and what was that? I‘m strangely gratified knowing he‘s pondering more homes having Prime than landlines. I hope he doesn’t find out more homes have Prime than have tv antenna‘s on their roof.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I am and I'm 100% happy with it. I've probably saved thousands on shipping over the years.

ctrlzone

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2017
Who was and what was that? I‘m strangely gratified knowing he‘s pondering more homes having Prime than landlines. I hope he doesn’t find out more homes have Prime than have tv antenna‘s on their roof.

amazon/bezos is going out of control imo, this power goes beyond states and he literally just started ....

Jimmy Dore is a stand-up comedian, political commentator, host of "The Jimmy Dore Show"
whats special about him is that ppl from the left & right like him for his honest criticism, and he's a fun guy

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I am and I'm 100% happy with it. I've probably saved thousands on shipping over the years.

I’m finding myself loving it already. Already bought two items and been saving more to ‘save for later.’ Will probably have paid for my subscription in a few months. ?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Jimmy Dore is a stand-up comedian, political commentator, host of "The Jimmy Dore Show"
whats special about him is that ppl from the left & right like him for his honest criticism, and he's a fun guy

Thanks. I’ve never heard of him. I watched the first video and a few minutes of the second one.
[automerge]1572141891[/automerge]
I’m finding myself loving it already. Already bought two items and been saving more to ‘save for later.’ Will probably have paid for my subscription in a few months. ?

I’ve only used their Customer Service a couple times and came away impressed both times.

Amazon’s service has been quite convenient.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Also think about the pollution. All these little items and fuel used to deliver

Well, that's not really a concern specific to Amazon/Prime, if you buy locally there would still be manufacturer shipping, warehouses, trucks distributing to retail locations __and__ the consumer using a vehicle to get to the store.

I think this sort of veers the discussion into consumerism, etc., which is a bit off topic (though very interesting).

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Well, that's not really a concern specific to Amazon/Prime, if you buy locally there would still be manufacturer shipping, warehouses, trucks distributing to retail locations __and__ the consumer using a vehicle to get to the store.

I think this sort of veers the discussion into consumerism, etc., which is a bit off topic (though very interesting).

oh, OK sorry... Prime isnt the epitome of consumerism? ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.