Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What year were you born?

• 1901-1924

• 1925-1942

• 1943-1960

• 1961-1979

• 1980-1998

• 1999-2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I did not mean that. We will all die when our time comes. I hope we all live for many years, but decades from now this will be the diary of those of us who have died. So for me, the word "a few" does not mean a number between 5-10 as you would understand. I apologize if I was misunderstood, which I was.
Okay.

Fair enough.

That makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: AhmetRyzen

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Is that a bad thing?

I don't think it's bad if someone resurrects a dead thread, with two exceptions:
  1. The thread has been LONG dead - like over 5 or so years
  2. A reply to the thread is futile - it's a "permanently ignored" thread
Otherwise, sure, I've resurrected plenty of seemingly dead threads, and I never feel ashamed of it.
No, it is not a bad thing.

Actually, I was laughing at myself for happily contributing to a necro thread, (once it had been resurrected), the premise of which I had initially disdained (and disagreed with).

Last edited:

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
What is relatively unusual is to find adolescents choosing to spend time in the 'social' (or community) sections of the forum, but - to me - that is a good thing.
Hmmm... I guess I would agree, maybe?

I brought this up in another thread, but I've honestly just lost interest in all the tech-related topics here, so this is where I hang around now.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I brought this up in another thread, but I've honestly just lost interest in all the tech-related topics here, so this is where I hang around now.
As have I, to a certain extent.

At least, to the extent that I am no longer excited (or, much interested) in tech-related subjects as a (possible) consumer or customer - I still remember the stupefied awe with which I watched the late Mr Jobs slowly draw the original MBA from an envelope, and I still remember my awed delight when I bought my first iPod.

However, I do retain an interest - a considerable interest - in the transformative power, or influence, as well as the historical and societal importance, of tech in our world and in our lives.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
As have I, to a certain extent.

At least, to the extent that I am no longer excited (or, much interested) in tech-related subjects as a (possible) consumer or customer - I still remember the stupefied awe with which I watched the late Mr Jobs slowly draw the original MBA from an envelope, and I still remember my awed delight when I bought my first iPod.

However, I do retain an interest - a considerable interest - in the transformative power, or influence, as well as the historical and societal importance, of tech in our world and in our lives.
Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

I feel as though I'm too tired of technology bites and that there will never be another full course because the technology is at a plateau.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard

Hopefully, it's just a bit of burnout and not how people aggressively respond to each other.

Reactions: splifingate and rm5

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Same here. 50 was the worst, everything seemed to fail at 50: knees, blood pressure etc

Left knee at 52. Right knee ok (so far).
I think that some women may offer an alternative perspective: Namely, that 50 - or, around 50 - may mark the start of a whole new part of one's life, free from what may have seemed the tyranny of biology and from the demands of the male gaze, a time when one may begin to live for oneself instead of others.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Part of the most ignored Generation here.
7d3da7bba31fc3d5a227ac69f944ace2140e0df69f642c7ac6836396d5da27b2_1.jpg
As a Gen Xer myself I can say I definitely feel this way.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
I'm old enough to remember when pre-9/11, the world wasn't a complete ***** **** show and in some ways was on the right track (at least it was IMO). Now, Tylenol and Ibuprofen are part of my daily diet, my knees click and ache when I walk, staying up past 8pm on a weekday is stupid and I'm finding that I say "Those damn kids" a lot more often...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.