Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I assume I am doing this right, everytime there is an OS update, I have to redowload from the cloud. My question is can I go ahead and remove all the older song files on my MBP that have a number after them because to be honnest, its confusing and it takes up space on my HDD. Can I remove all the song files with a number after it every time I have to download from the cloud?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I just got back from being out of town and I had my MBP. When I went to use it at my sister's house, I couldn't log into her Wi-Fi. However, I could on my iPhone (that isn't using BETA, or ever will be.) Should I report this "discovery"?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't wish to appear rude, but if this is a genuine question, then maybe a beta OS is not appropriate for yourself.
What exactly are you talking about.... Can you please tell me what page and what reply number you are talking about. I have been having back and forth issues with Apple Music and when I was gone this weekend, I couldn't get my MBP to log into my sister's internet network with my MBP, but I could with my iPhone.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I would submit feedback the more Apple knows about issues the faster a fix could be found
OK, I'll do that in the morning when I can think about what I want to say exactly. I had a long weekend and I am unwinding. (LOL!)

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
My post was in response to your “How do I download Google Chrome” question.
I decided not to. I have two versions of Safari. The original version and Safari Technology Preview.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is anyone having problems where they have to restart your MacBook after you put it to sleep for a few hours. I have to reset it most of the time when I have to do something lately, this is the first BETA version I have really noticed it. It has happened two times today.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
There is no problem, just a weird observation.... I am sitting here listening to my Apple Music playlist and I am almost positive that a file associated to a song has changed, added more content. (It's one of my favorite songs on my playlist so I make sure I listen to it in it's entirety. Today was the first day it played after the last time I was stuck on "Updating cloud music library". Do song alterations count as part of the updating?

Just curious. Have a good day, everybody!

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Why are some songs not available in Apple Music, but available in iTunes? It was weird, for who knows how long, there was one song that was unplayable in my library that I downloaded from Apple Music, even after doing all the steps required to "refresh" the playlist. I got an idea and went back to iTunes and downloaded the track from there, but why did I have to resort to iTunes? Is there something I may have missed in reorganizing my music playlist?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I keep getting this message after downloading the update... what's wrong?
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 3.15.59 PM.png

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I am not in the beta program but perhaps if you provide more information about what you were doing, any potential issues with your machine at the time of attempting the download, etc., that would help others to help you.... For starters, which update are you talking about here? One question which does come to my mind is, were you inadvertently trying to download and install the developer version of the beta of an update or the public version?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hi. I just thought of something I din't think I mentioned. I was listening to my Apple Music playlist. (Yes, it's been working pretty well lately.) Would that have anything to do with it. Just to make sure it wasn't going to work again tonight, I am going to try to download the software tonight while I am sleeping then come back here and tell you all what happened and show you windows that may have popped up.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Depends a lot on what kind of ISP you have and how fast your internet uploads and downloads are on a given account. Someone who has a fairly high-tier service can download something on one machine in one room while another person is also downloading something else on another machine in another room and no problem. People whose internet service isn't all that great will have problems with attempting to download different things simultaneously..... Even though I have a pretty robust and speedy ISP and service I still tend to only do one thing at a time and if I'm going to be downloading and potentially installing something related to a software update I don't download or stream anything else at the same time.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I'm going to try again as soon as I know no one else will be using the internet. Even if it means waiting until midnight. :) Thanks, Clix!

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Why does my MBP say "offline" when it's obvious I'm using it.... I doubt its a BETA thing, I am just curious...
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 8.44.12 PM.png

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't think syncing to iMessage when you get a text on your phone is working on my MBP. I just got a text from one of my contacts and it didn't show up on my MBP. How can I fix this?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I don't think syncing to iMessage when you get a text on your phone is working on my MBP. I just got a text from one of my contacts and it didn't show up on my MBP. How can I fix this?

You're still running the Beta of Mojave?
On the phone, does the message show in a green bubble or blue bubble?
Blue means it's an iMessage and should sync.
Green means it's not an iMessage and won't sync.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.52.07 PM.png

As for the messages. I have both iPhone and non-iPhone contacts, but I didn't like the green bubble from texting with non-i-Phone users so I changed my non-i-Phone contacts to I-Phone numbers. would that have anything to do with it?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
You might be better posting your questions in the Catalina forum since they're about Catalina. :). But this is an iPhone issue I think.

I'm not sure, but I think you've done the opposite - I suspect you've forced your iPhone contacts to use SMS instead of iMessage. The colours are actually there to show you the type of communication you have. Green is SMS, blue is iMessage. You can't force a non-Apple device to use iMessage, but you can force an Apple device to use SMS. There is no such thing as an iPhone number or a non-iPhone number. The number is assigned to the phone, and the phone is an iPhone or not an iPhone.

I would find out which iOS version you're running, and then post a question in there.

You could also check one your phone and Mac that iCloud is enabled. On your Mac it's probably form the iMessage program preferences (not sure, I don't use Catalina). On your phone it's inside the iCloud settings, but again will depend on the OS you have.

I'd start with identifying the OSs and devices, and then verify the iCloud settings and iMessage settings.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is the ability to expand the lyrics page on Apple Music new? I like to follow lyrics to songs and I was surprised to find that the songs I have tried today had the ability to show all the lyrics. The only thing I had to do was expand the lyrics page and I got a bar that let me go to the last lines of a song. :)

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
What would the solution be if an Apple Music song isn't listed correctly with the mp4 file you assumed to be the song on both on a Mac running the BETA software and an iPhone that isn't. I am guessing since I uploaded to iCloud while in BETA it went to my phone therefore the file is incorrect there as well. I've tried to remove the file of the song and redowloading, and since it came from the cloud, I assume its a problem with the cloud, but how do I make sure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.