Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
OK. I am all too familiar with Apple Music giving me issues with greyed out songs, but I wanted to do something in my apple account and it seems to have reverted to iTunes. What did I do wrong? Is it just a glitch and maybe when I try to use it later today (it's just after midnight my time) it should be better. I don't remember accidentally setting something that I should have.

Thank you for your help. :)
Without seeing a screenshot it will be hard to figure out :)

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
Does anyone know if Mac OS 10.14.6 public beta 3 has been released?

I have public beta 2 installed on my iMac. When I looking for a new beta version, public beta 1 of Mac OS Catalina will show up.

I'm not interested in Catalina right now because I have some 32-bit apps that doesn't work that OS.

Still no public beta 3? anyone knows when the finale release will be?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I think it might be trying to do something, it seems different......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 12.39.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 12.39.38 AM.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 205

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Still no public beta 3? anyone knows when the finale release will be?
They haven't released Cat dev beta 4 yet maybe tomorrow from what I know Sept is the final or GM release
[doublepost=1562649452][/doublepost]
I think it might be trying to do something, it seems different......
You might try signing out of iCloud then sign back in I know it is a bug but if you do make sure you check keep a back up if it appears

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
They haven't released Cat dev beta 4 yet maybe tomorrow from what I know Sept is the final or GM release
[doublepost=1562649452][/doublepost]
You might try signing out of iCloud then sign back in I know it is a bug but if you do make sure you check keep a back up if it appears
Hello, again.... I got the same window, but this time I noticed the grey box.... That's expected, right?
[doublepost=1563050216][/doublepost]Hello, again.... I got the same window, but this time I noticed a grey box.... That's expected, right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 4.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 4.29.49 PM.png
    974.3 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: TimothyR734

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Hello, again.... I got the same window, but this time I noticed the grey box.... That's expected, right?
[doublepost=1563050216][/doublepost]Hello, again.... I got the same window, but this time I noticed a grey box.... That's expected, right?
yes iCloud syncing is an issue on Cat

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is iCloud syncing still an issue for you all? I still can't get into my Apple Music playlist. I've reported it a few days ago, I just wish I could talk to someone eiter over the phone or on an apple beta development website since the great people at Apple couldn't help me. (I tried to contact them from the Apple website a few days ago, and she couldn't help me since I was using BETA.)

Reactions: TimothyR734

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
This is a beta but glad your music app is working some are still having issues
Funny thing is, I had it working earlier this evening and was redownloading from the cloud, when came back about 10:30 my time, I couldn't get in and as I type this, I can't even get onto the Music app.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Funny thing is, I had it working earlier this evening and was redownloading from the cloud, when came back about 10:30 my time, I couldn't get in and as I type this, I can't even get onto the Music app.
iCloud syncing is still a major issues its still broke :( do you have another Mac with Mojave on it

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
iCloud syncing is still a major issues its still broke :( do you have another Mac with Mojave on it
No, just my 6s.
I was just thinking about this, but is there a site that Apple has that the people using the BETA software could check if certain apps were down that the people designing the BETA know about?

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I haven't found one yet but I think that's why they the feedback app installed when you enroll your Mac I think its in the applications -utilities folder and this forum under apps broken-not working thread

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I think I am thinking of something different.... It's been awhile since I saw this site that had a list of apple related apps that had red or green dots next to them..... Does this sound familiar to anyone?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is bluetooth dropping a weather thing or a BETA issue. I am listening to the Chicago Cubs/San Fransisco Giants game, and it keeps dropping. I am also listing to the game on tunein.com. That has it's own issues, but the game still goes on. The bluetooth dropping is strange. Is this BETA-related or not? Should I wait it out and see if it still happens after the official release of the OS?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
As of ten 'til nine my time (roughly), I have my Apple Music library and playlists back but I have to download them from the cloud again, should I wait until the official copy of the OS is out before I download my music library and playlists from the cloud?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
my advice is download them and make sure you still have a copy in the iCloud:)
Good thing I didn't.... Right now I can't even get in. It's stuck on the "Loading cloud music library" window.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
As of 11 'til 6 my time, Apple Music is back up. However, I have multiple copies of song files, how do I get rid of the multiple files. I think I will wait until the official release of Catalina to download from the cloud again. If I am wrong in assuming this, please let me know and I'll just start the cloud download tonight so it can run while I'm asleep and nothing else will be running.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
This all must be frustrating — and because it’s a beta there is uncertainty about what comes next. Well, fortunately it isn’t going to be that long now until we do get the official, complete version of Catalina. You beta folks will see the Golden Master and then it won’t be too long after that when it is released to all of us out here. I am thinking that because there are so many significant changes in a number of areas that this is going to be one upgrade I hold off a little on until I am really sure that everything is working smoothly and as it should be. Also I’m going to have my iTunes library backed up nine ways to Sunday, too, before I venture into downloading and installing Catalina! Right now I don’t use Apple Music (the subscription service) and I also don’t have my music in iCloud; it’s all local and on my Macs and iOS devices so I know where it is and that I can find any particular song or album and play it at any time. I am concerned about the possibility of losing something along the way with the transition from iTunes to the separate Apple Music app, but I think in the long run that this will be much better and I am looking forward to having separate apps for music, movies, etc. That has been a long time in coming. I’m just a bit nervous about the initial implementation of it all.....

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, the being usable for x ammount of time then down a few hours later isn't fun....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.