Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you are having difficulties with a third party app, then it may just not be updated to support the Mojave beta.
Someone may have a better idea if you would post which app you want to use.
Third party apps sometimes begin working again, after a beta update or two (or not!) - - or you might contact support for that app.

Reactions: TimothyR734

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Do certain apps normally work when the BETA is installed? It was a while since I used a certain app and it was when I was on High Sierra, but since I am using the beta of Mojave, the app doesn't work. Should I wait to run it until the official release of Mojave? Should I contact the company of the app and see what they say? Should I report it through the feedback assistant?
depends some apps are 32 bit which are being slowly withdrawn from the App Store in favor of 64 bit apps you might try a uninstall the app the reinstall

Reactions: a-m-k

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Thank you.
if you ever lose your Apple Feed back assistant open safari type in the address bar apple beta software program sigh in with your Apple ID then scroll down to enroll my Mac and it will download the feed back assistant that way you can save it to a usb drive or iCloud

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
if you ever lose your Apple Feed back assistant open safari type in the address bar apple beta software program sigh in with your Apple ID then scroll down to enroll my Mac and it will download the feed back assistant that way you can save it to a usb drive or iCloud
Thank you!

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't know how to delete this post since it's a few minutes old..... ;)o_O

Last edited:

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Keep it open in case you need help
LOL! I wanted to delete the last reply I made that is why I made the last comment. I wasn't going to delete the thread, just my most recent post to it. :)

Though, I have been thinking about something.... I just got done rebuilding my Apple Music list to fill my iPod (an 8gig 4th generation nano) I am thinking I want to wait until the official OS Mojave release to create the type of files I need so my nano will accept them. (A total of 967 songs which is 8 gigabytes exactly.) Should I wait or would it be OK start before the official release of the new software, but would that be something worth trying out and can be reported if it doesn't work?

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
yes but make sure you have a backup list of songs on iCloud from iCloud when the official release of Mojave comes out you could download the songs to iTunes from the iCloud

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I've been converting my mp4 files to mp3 files. I have been getting a bit of slag when I type now and then, but its not really a big deal. It took a few days to get used to it, but I think I have it figured out. :)

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Did I confuse them? I'm not being rude to you, Clix Pix. I meant I am converting the music I downloaded from my iPhone to files that can work for my iPod. I just remembered something though which might save me time. I wonder if that option is still on iTunes? (Converting. I don't remember which iOS (yes, iOS) that was or if it was part of an iTunes update.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Can we make suggestions via the feedback app? I actually have a suggestion that could be helpful when the screensaver is on for awhile.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Welcome to Beta Testing! While it's not required you report bugs to Apple it is recommended as you'll be helping Apple get their software ready for the public sooner! I've been beta testing for a couple years and love it. Pretty fun to get a head start on using Apple's new operating system releases even if they have bugs.

I wish you the best of luck!

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thank you, I assume I just make the suggestion the same way I report a problem, right?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Yes indeed :)
Thank you, TimothyR734, and thank you everybody who has left positive posts on this thread. They're helping a lot. I'm learning a lot as I go. There has been a few "hiccups" since I joined, but nothing too hard for me to handle once I was using the current BETA. I guess I had a bad time with the first BETA when I first posted. It's fairly easy now. I'm looking forward to the official OS launch. :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.