Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
You are very welcome :) yes it can be intimidating at first but once you get hang of each beta it gets easier but its nice to have a helpful forum to ask questions

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is the beta testing for Mojave over. I just checked and it does't say BETA. If not, is it safe to try to sync an iPhone to iTunes when in BETA mode if we are still in it? macOS Mojave version 10.14. On an unrelated note, the new OS for my phone screwed it up and I can't use my pass code to enter it. I've got a few pages printed out, but I don't think my fingers can reach the correct buttons at the same time. :confused::rolleyes:

Reactions: TimothyR734

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thank you. BTW. As of right now, my phone is still locked. Since I don't drive, I was wondering is there any apps I can download from the App Store that can unlock my phone for me? I can still charge my phone, but when I try to turn it on it says iPhone is disabled, please connect to iTunes. I tried doing that with my nice long braided apple certified braided charging cable and a brand new cord that comes with the iPhone. Didn't work.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Thank you. BTW. As of right now, my phone is still locked. Since I don't drive, I was wondering is there any apps I can download from the App Store that can unlock my phone for me? I can still charge my phone, but when I try to turn it on it says iPhone is disabled, please connect to iTunes. I tried doing that with my nice long braided apple certified braided charging cable and a brand new cord that comes with the iPhone. Didn't work.
I don't think there is a app in the App Store but I used one called reiboot but it costs $$$$ so from what I read is to connect your iPhone to iTunes power off your iPhone power it on while holding your home button keep holding both buttons sleep/power off-Home until you see connect to iTunes if your iPhone is 6s and under if its & or above your will have to hold the volume down and sleep/power button once connected you can connect to iTunes and restore your iPhone but it will erase it but hopefully you have a back up

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't think there is a app in the App Store but I used one called reboot but it costs $$$$ so from what I read is to connect your iPhone to iTunes power off your iPhone power it on while holding your home button keep holding both buttons sleep/power off-Home until you see connect to iTunes if your iPhone is 6s and under if its & or above your will have to hold the volume down and sleep/power button once connected you can connect to iTunes and restore your iPhone but it will erase it but hopefully you have a back up
Thank you, I'll remember this.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
it might take a few tries to go into DFU mode as it did me I think you see the apple logo flash a few times then it should say on your iPhone contact to iTunes

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
My phone and MBP are fixed via some very patient tech support. :)

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I should have added this last night, the woman who I was talking to said that the final OS will be out on Monday. What does that mean for us? I am updated to version 10.14 of Mojave. Is this the final version do I have to download on Monday? That's the only part that I wasn't sure of when I started participating in the beta program? I am curious about that. Wouldn't the most current version of BETA be the final version. Oh well, I'll find out on Monday.

Thank you again for helping me out on my first try of the BETA program, you all have been great. I apologize if I sounded ignorant at times.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I should have added this last night, the woman who I was talking to said that the final OS will be out on Monday. What does that mean for us? I am updated to version 10.14 of Mojave. Is this the final version do I have to download on Monday? That's the only part that I wasn't sure of when I started participating in the beta program? I am curious about that. Wouldn't the most current version of BETA be the final version. ...
Make sure which Mojave version you have now: Go to About This Mac, which should show "Version 10.14"
Click on THAT version line, and you will see the Build number, which will then display as 18A389. That's your GM (the final version), at least according to those who seem to know. If you have a build number lower than that, it will have a letter at the end, and will ALSO show the word "beta" in the version line --- and you still have the beta. Final does not show the word beta on the About This Mac window.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
When it becomes available Monday you will be able to download it and create a new usb installer and your welcome :)
this:
Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 6.12.47 PM.png

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
So you are saying I am good to go and have the final copy? This is what I have there is no mention of BETA. :) Like I mentioned earlier, at least I think. I was taken off the beta program remotely by an :apple: tech support person. Then she remotely reinstalled something so I am thinking I might have the final version of Mojave already. I will double check on Monday though. Thanks again, everybody!
Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 12.06.33 PM.png

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
So you are saying I am good to go and have the final copy? This is what I have there is no mention of BETA. :) Like I mentioned earlier, at least I think. I was taken off the beta program remotely by an :apple: tech support person. Then she remotely reinstalled something so I am thinking I might have the final version of Mojave already. I will double check on Monday though. Thanks again, everybody!
View attachment 787480
You have the final beta GM as it should be called. When its available on Monday you should do a clean install of macOS Mojave :)

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Thank you, but what is GM?
Apple uses the term "GM", or Golden Master, to identify software that has passed through development and testing phases, and is considered ready for public release - or you could call it the final version.
When Apple still released the operating system on hard media, the GM was that version used to make the commercial copies for sale.
Seems less important now that the operating system is simply downloaded, but that makes the final release much quicker to get out to the user.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Apple uses the term "GM", or Golden Master, to identify software that has passed through development and testing phases, and is considered ready for public release - or you could call it the final version.
When Apple still released the operating system on hard media, the GM was that version used to make the commercial copies for sale.
Seems less important now that the operating system is simply downloaded, but that makes the final release much quicker to get out to the user.
Do I need to download the final public version tomorrow then?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
"need to download?"
You already are running the expected final version (probably), but there's no harm in downloading the version released to the public tomorrow. Get it if you decide you want it. It's nice to have, I suppose.
I will be, because I like to keep my collection of OS X/macOS installers complete (if possible), and up-to-date. I have all last versions all the way to Tiger, and many others all the way to System 3. I haven't installed anything older than Jaguar for more than 10 years, but I have it if I need it. It's one of my hobbies :cool:

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
"need to download?"
You already are running the expected final version (probably), but there's no harm in downloading the version released to the public tomorrow. Get it if you decide you want it. It's nice to have, I suppose.
I will be, because I like to keep my collection of OS X/macOS installers complete (if possible), and up-to-date. I have all last versions all the way to Tiger, and many others all the way to System 3. I haven't installed anything older than Jaguar for more than 10 years, but I have it if I need it. It's one of my hobbies :cool:
Well, if I have the Golden Master. I guess I won't download tomorrow. :)

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I would because tomorrow is the official polished version a GM is the final beta which means its final testing before the retail release
[doublepost=1537754922][/doublepost]
I would because tomorrow is the official polished version a GM is the final beta which means its final testing before the retail release
but if you stay in the beta program you will be able to test the beta of 10.14.1 and so on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.