Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hey Clix Pix, I got up this morning and turn on my MBP and it still connected to a different network. I had to change my network to get full power. So right now, as an experiment, I have both boxes checked off. It's kind of getting annoying to do this every morning. Other than that, all is good.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Have you spoken with anyone at your ISP? Clearly something is not working right and it's either the modem, the router, something at the ISP or your machine. Could be the modem or router is going bad -- how old are they? Do you own them or are they provided by the ISP? Is your internet service provided by cable, optical fibre, FIOS, satellite or DSL? If it is only you who is having problems with connecting to the network/staying connected to the network on almost a daily basis then that suggests it is your computer and something going on there.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Is the lack of the ability to get bluetooth to work with my MPP considered a BETA problem? I am currently using Mojave beta version 10.14.5.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Apple likely knows something about issues with bluetooth.
But, that doesn't prevent you from reporting problems as you find them. That's part of the function (a responsibility, if you like) of signing up for the beta program.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
If I have a problem in the morning, I'll report it. I assume I have it back up.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Another fluke in the BETA software program? All I was doing was activating iCloud because I am charging my iPhone and I wanted to keep track of the charge on my MBP rather than get up every ten minutes or so.... Can anyone else track their Mac?
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.12.37 PM.png

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I know nothing about working with BETA versions. Just not something which I want to risk with any of my machines or devices. Anyway, tracking the charging thing is not something I've ever tried or even thought about trying...... When I am charging a device, I simply look every now and then...... iI it is something that I really feel a need to track I might look more often but seriously, it is not a big deal to me, especially with my computer(s), which are kept plugged in most of the time anyway. I rarely use my MBPs on battery alone, just once in a while. With the iPhone or an iPad, I may monitor progress of charging if I'm in a hurry to go somewhere and need to get the thing charged up to a reasonable amount before I leave the house with it.....otherwise, it is just not all that important.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Another fluke in the BETA software program? All I was doing was activating iCloud because I am charging my iPhone and I wanted to keep track of the charge on my MBP rather than get up every ten minutes or so.... Can anyone else track their Mac?
Not me, but then I don't have "Track my Mac" enabled in iCloud.
That's the default, so if you don't care to track your Mac, turn that off in your iCloud settings.

(Why would you want to get up "every ten minutes or so"? Your iPhone will charge without your assistance, and can't overcharge. When it gets to 100%, it just stops charging.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Not me, but then I don't have "Track my Mac" enabled in iCloud.
That's the default, so if you don't care to track your Mac, turn that off in your iCloud settings.

(Why would you want to get up "every ten minutes or so"? Your iPhone will charge without your assistance, and can't overcharge. When it gets to 100%, it just stops charging.
I am using a new charging method and I wanted to compare it to charging it with the cube provided. (I have an iHome alarm clock/bluetooth speaker.)

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I am using a new charging method and I wanted to compare it to charging it with the cube provided. (I have an iHome alarm clock/bluetooth speaker.)
Those tend to charge at a slower rate I have one to but it is a bit faster than charging it from my MacBook and lighting cable

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Geez, this BETA is kicking my butt... I can't download the new update. :(
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 1.36.13 PM.png

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I am really surprised you’ve been able to participate in the BETA at all, given that you are using an older machine with a “spinner” drive (as opposed to SSD, for which Mojave and future OS are really optimized) and only 4 GB RAM. Of course it could be that you just tried to update at an unusually busy time and that is why you couldn’t download the latest. Try again and maybe you will have better luck.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I am really surprised you’ve been able to participate in the BETA at all, given that you are using an older machine with a “spinner” drive (as opposed to SSD, for which Mojave and future OS are really optimized) and only 4 GB RAM. Of course it could be that you just tried to update at an unusually busy time and that is why you couldn’t download the latest. Try again and maybe you will have better luck.
I tried again, and it was going good for awhile, and this is what I eventually got...
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 7.04.57 PM.png

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
If you are on WiFI try a different one or sometimes reinstalling the beta software program sometimes help if all else fails hook it up to your router and turn off WiFi

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
It looks as though maybe your machine and its hardware and such just aren’t going to be able to go any further with the new version of MacOS. I hope that you will be easily able to revert to the current or a recent version of Mojave without any glitches......it may well be that the current version of Mojave that we have right now is the end of the line for your machine.

Most people who venture into playing with beta versions are using recent or fairly current machines with plenty of storage and RAM, and usually they are not using their only machine to experiment with beta, either..... It really IS risky....

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I believe that all people who buy Apple products when they are initially released are beta testers.

Most companies are in a race to get new product out no matter what shape it's in :(.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
:( So if I uninroll in the BETA program, will I still be able to download the public OS once it's released? I absolutely want to do something to get my situation better. I have had so much slowness and I am not for sure, I think I have even experienced some freezing lately as well. I've gotten a lot of the "beachball of death" and the dark and light aqua beachball (what does that mean), too.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
you don't need to unenroll just download and reinstall the beta software profile sometimes that fixes the issue with downloading the latest beta do you have 10.14.5 installed

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
you don't need to unenroll just download and reinstall the beta software profile sometimes that fixes the issue with downloading the latest beta do you have 10.14.5 installed
Yes, I have 10.14.5.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you don't want to get beta updates now, just open the Software Updates pane in System Preferences, then click on "Details...", and then click on "Restore Defaults"
That simply stops beta updates from appearing on your Mac.
If you want to get that beta software off your Mac (remove it from your system), and return to the normal release version, then boot to the current Mojave bootable installer (I keep one available for just such purposes). Reinstall macOS (currently would take you to macOS 10.14.5 - betas would be gone)
If you want to keep up with the betas, rather than get out of the betas - you are one beta behind. Current beta is 10.4.6 - gotta keep up :cool:
(I'm kidding, of course...)

Last edited:

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
also you might try rebooting your router if your still having issues with downloading 10.14.6 beta 1 but you are not missing much there were not release notes with this beta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.