Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I'm really interested in Infuse, but not until you support HD codec bitstreaming, e.g True HD and DTS Master Audio, is there any ETA on this or if it's even possible?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm really interested in Infuse, but not until you support HD codec bitstreaming, e.g True HD and DTS Master Audio, is there any ETA on this or if it's even possible?
It's something we're investigating, but it's not entirely clear if it's possible with the current hardware/tvOS combo. However, we're committed to doing our best to make it happen.

The current version of Infuse will support 5.1 Dolby/DTS passthrough.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
Firecore,

Any plans on having Infuse grab TV and movie metadata within folders and subfolders automatically instead of needing to open the file folder to trigger the metadata retrieval?

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Firecore,

Any plans on having Infuse grab TV and movie metadata within folders and subfolders automatically instead of needing to open the file folder to trigger the metadata retrieval?
Yes - deep folder scanning and a library view are things we're working to add for future updates.
how do we setup a remote connection from my moms apple tv to my house? any recommendations?
The settings will depend on the type of device you're streaming from. Most NAS manufacturers will have setup guides explaining how to connect remotely.

For remote streaming, you'll probably want to use FTP/SFTP or WebDAV.

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
It's probably because your files are encoded with DTS audio (or some other audio/video codec not supported by the free version). You'll either need the Pro version to play these or re-encode the files with AC3 or another supported audio format.

Do a web search: there are various free options out there that will re-encode the audio but not touch the video.

I had this same issue, but had to come here to find the solution. Why doesn't the app SAY that the file is so encoded? I figured it was just a bug in a crappy app until I read this.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Great release @firecore !

If I've purchased the Infuse 3 Pro on iOS, does it mean that the Pro features are enabled on the Apple TV by default? Thanks.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I have infuse on ipad and downloaded it on ATV4. I am getting DTS sound etc so does this mean I have the pro settings enabled? If I go to the store it still says I need to pay £7.99 for the pro version so I'm confused.

kshitijshah

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2012
Firecore,

I have sub-folders for every movie in my movies folder. In the current version only the folder icon shows up even though it has downloaded the meta-data in the sub folder. Deep scanning sub-folders in a favorite folder would make the interface far more appealing and user friendly. A library view from within subfolders is one feature I would really like.

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I had this same issue, but had to come here to find the solution. Why doesn't the app SAY that the file is so encoded? I figured it was just a bug in a crappy app until I read this.
There is a message near the top that will change depending on the Pro feature you are trying to use (Dolby, DTS, AirPlay, etc...) through we'll take a look and see if this messaging can be made a bit more clear.

Great release @firecore !

If I've purchased the Infuse 3 Pro on iOS, does it mean that the Pro features are enabled on the Apple TV by default? Thanks.

I have infuse on ipad and downloaded it on ATV4. I am getting DTS sound etc so does this mean I have the pro settings enabled? If I go to the store it still says I need to pay £7.99 for the pro version so I'm confused.
If you've purchased Infuse Pro on iOS (via In-App Purchase or standalone Pro app) your license will transfer over to tvSO automatically. Just be sure to download the same app (free vs Pro) that you are using iOS as they are separate items.

I have sub-folders for every movie in my movies folder. In the current version only the folder icon shows up even though it has downloaded the meta-data in the sub folder. Deep scanning sub-folders in a favorite folder would make the interface far more appealing and user friendly. A library view from within subfolders is one feature I would really like.
Infuse will automatically flatten single movie folders so they appear as playable items, though if you have additional more than one video or subfolders within these folders then Infuse will continue to treat them as actual folders.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: haruhiko

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I would love to see a small thumbnail picture during fast forwarding to see where I am.
I would also love to have the ability to step forward by 5 mins or so...I can program extra commands into my logitech controller.

Reactions: d21mike

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I would love to see a small thumbnail picture during fast forwarding to see where I am.
I would also love to have the ability to step forward by 5 mins or so...I can program extra commands into my logitech controller.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Chapter navigation for universal remotes will be added soon.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Could you please add the Product Name (Infuse Pro) and the release number to the Settings Page so we know exactly what we are running. I believe you said a number of fixes are in 4.0.1 but not sure what I am running now. In particular you said parts would be 10x faster. I have mentioned a couple times before but you have not addressed it yet, but the start streaming is extremely slow. Like close to 15 seconds. And the same after a FF then continue. Is this address in the 4.0.1 release? If not, do you have any information on if it will be addressed. Other products are streaming instantly so I know it is not my network of server. Would really love a response to have some idea if you are working on it or not. Thanks.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Could you please add the Product Name (Infuse Pro) and the release number to the Settings Page so we know exactly what we are running. I believe you said a number of fixes are in 4.0.1 but not sure what I am running now. In particular you said parts would be 10x faster. I have mentioned a couple times before but you have not addressed it yet, but the start streaming is extremely slow. Like close to 15 seconds. And the same after a FF then continue. Is this address in the 4.0.1 release? If not, do you have any information on if it will be addressed. Other products are streaming instantly so I know it is not my network of server. Would really love a response to have some idea if you are working on it or not. Thanks.
Yes - 4.0.1 will add a Pro badge (to indicate Pro features are active in the free version, and of course the Pro version). An actual version number will likely be part of 4.0.2.

With regard to streaming speed, this will greatly depend on the file type and your network speed. For example, a smaller SD file will respond much quicker than a large 30GB Blu-ray...though 15 seconds sounds a bit long either way.

If you have a chance to send in quick note about your setup and the type of video you're playing, it would help us troubleshoot things a bit more effectively. http://firecore.com/contact

Thanks!

lparsons21

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
Southern Illinois
I've downloaded the free version of InFuse to test its suitability for my needs. I use Playon as my media server. InFuse sees it and will play the Playon recordings but errors out if I try to play a streamed 'channel'. I'm very interested in this working for me so I can move up to the Pro version.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I have checked my ipad version in the settings and it is indeed the latest pro version that is available for the ipad. I still don't understand why I can't actually download the apple tv pro version for free but the standard version seems to have the pro settings enabled anyway.

Damian.

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2009
@firecore

Can you please add a way to let us mark videos as watched and unwatched?
Like how iTunes uses a "New" badge on unwatched videos.
Or to sort videos by watched / unwatched.

Thanks!

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I've downloaded the free version of InFuse to test its suitability for my needs. I use Playon as my media server. InFuse sees it and will play the Playon recordings but errors out if I try to play a streamed 'channel'. I'm very interested in this working for me so I can move up to the Pro version.
Live steams are not currently supported in Infuse. Sorry.

I have checked my ipad version in the settings and it is indeed the latest pro version that is available for the ipad. I still don't understand why I can't actually download the apple tv pro version for free but the standard version seems to have the pro settings enabled anyway.
Infuse Pro via In-App Purchase and standalone app have the same exact features, though they are separate items.

If you've purchased Infuse Pro on iOS (via In-App Purchase or standalone Pro app) your license will transfer over to tvSO automatically. Just be sure to download the same app (free vs Pro) that you are using iOS.
@firecore

Can you please add a way to let us mark videos as watched and unwatched?
Like how iTunes uses a "New" badge on unwatched videos.
Or to sort videos by watched / unwatched.

Thanks!
In the works!

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
@firecore,

I installed the free regular version of Infuse and later made an in-app purchase with Pro feature. However, when I tried to install Infuse pro app on another ATV, it still asked me to pay again. I did not know that in-app purchase of Pro feature does not apply to the Pro app which is a different app.

In the future when Pro app get updated with new features, would these features be available to the regular version with in-app purchase Pro feature?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore,

I installed the free regular version of Infuse and later made an in-app purchase with Pro feature. However, when I tried to install Infuse pro app on another ATV, it still asked me to pay again. I did not know that in-app purchase of Pro feature does not apply to the Pro app which is a different app.

In the future when Pro app get updated with new features, would these features be available to the regular version with in-app purchase Pro feature?
Yes - Infuse Pro is (and will continue to be) the same whether you purchase via In-App Purchase or download the standalone paid app.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
@firecore

when a movie has DTS and passthrough is enabled, swiping and navigating within the "Swipe Down for Info" menu during playback causes static noice. the movie sound is still fine but static noise happens every time I swipe though different selections.

will this issue addressed in the coming 4.0.1?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore

when a movie has DTS and passthrough is enabled, swiping and navigating within the "Swipe Down for Info" menu during playback causes static noice. the movie sound is still fine but static noise happens every time I swipe though different selections.

will this issue addressed in the coming 4.0.1?
Yes - this and a handful of other improvements are coming in 4.0.1 which is currently awaiting approval from Apple.

More details here
http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13698

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Yes - this and a handful of other improvements are coming in 4.0.1 which is currently awaiting approval from Apple.

More details here
http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13698

Great to hear!

I assume that movies get sorted by names in the grid view? but sometime it is out of order and it is very frustrating to find a movie. I have to go back out all the way to the top share folder in Favorite and go back in to see movie sorted correctly.

is this a known issue? are there any future features that make searching a movie easier?

kerouack

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2015
Can Infuse reproduce files from a samba server (airport extreme + HD ) that have the video header in the last part of the file ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.