Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I installed 11.2 Public Beta 3 on Monday evening and so far yesterday through this morning, no BT drops in my Acura. BT seem to be holding just as solid as 11.2 Public Beta's 1-2 did. Hopefully on 11.2 GM they don't mess up the BT stack with an older one and end up back at square one.

My commute to/from work is a little over an hour each way so that usually gives me enough time to gauge is the BT is holding or not :)

Ewok7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Similar here. iPhone 8+, OS 11.01, 2017 Mini Cooper. during the call Entertainment system just repeatedly restarts itself. The call is not disconnected, just dropped from bluetooth connection. After Ent Sys restarts it reconnects, and restarts again.
[doublepost=1510812005][/doublepost]I have the same exact issue with my mini. My Nav was actually thrown into theft mode because it restarted so much. Any fix????

mickymills

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 and the Bluetooth connection with my car (Renault, using R-link 2) has stopped working. They connect automatically, but a few seconds later the connection is lost. Then they reconnect again and lose connection again. Over and over again.

I've tried everything I can think of: Rebooting both the iPhone and car. Re-pairing devices. Resetting the phone to factory settings. Updated car software. Even tried to shut down my Apple Watch, so it didn't interfere.

Nothing helped.

Everything worked perfect yesterday before the update.
I use the car+phone 2 hours every day, so I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Anyone knows what to do?
I have a similar problem with my 2011 VW Caddy. Bluetooth either doesn't connect 10% of the time, or disconnects when it is being used a lot. Using Iphone SE ios 11.1. I am updating ios tonight. Hopefully it will fix it.

brightdog

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
I've been having the same repeated disconnect/reconnects with iPhone8 iOS 11, and 11.1 and 11.1.1 on my 2013 Honda Crosstour. I installed iOS 11.2 Public Beta 3 yesterday, similar to Johnny Hotsauce and have not seen a disconnect since. I've probably got 2-3 hours of driving on it since the update. Fingers crossed that it will continue!

-Brightdog

Reactions: johnny hotsauce

Shaksie

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
Similar here. iPhone 8+, OS 11.01, 2017 Mini Cooper. during the call Entertainment system just repeatedly restarts itself. The call is not disconnected, just dropped from bluetooth connection. After Ent Sys restarts it reconnects, and restarts again.

I have the exact same problem and I can't seem to complete a single call properly any more. Is there any possible solution out there???

risk235

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
I am on 11.1.2 on my iPhone X. It will connect to my Chevy Silverado and I can play music over Bluetooth just fine. The problem I’m having is that it won’t let me switch phone calls to my truck’s Bluetooth. I tried manually switching while on a call and when I pick the truck there is a pause then it goes back to the iPhone. I tried restarting my phone and deleting it from my truck and adding it again.

itsgoofy

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
I've been having the same repeated disconnect/reconnects with iPhone8 iOS 11, and 11.1 and 11.1.1 on my 2013 Honda Crosstour. I installed iOS 11.2 Public Beta 3 yesterday, similar to Johnny Hotsauce and have not seen a disconnect since. I've probably got 2-3 hours of driving on it since the update. Fingers crossed that it will continue!

-Brightdog
How about playing music with this new OIS level? Using the current IOS I can see the music playlist and select songs but do not get them played.

magpie79

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2017
I have update to ios 11.1.2 and as yet I haven't had any disconnections in car! Could be coincidence as the update mentions nothing of a Bluetooth issue fix.

brightdog

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
How about playing music with this new OIS level? Using the current IOS I can see the music playlist and select songs but do not get them played.

I've never had much luck using the Honda interface for searching/scrolling through songs/albums/etc even with previous iphones and iOS versions. I generally control the songs from the iphone itself rather trying to use the Honda interface. Even when it did work it was painfully slow to scroll, and I can't say that I've tried to do that in a long time... so I'm probably not the best resource for comparing this version to others...

That said, I just tried it for kicks and when I'm playing an album and turn the scroll wheel on the radio, I do see the list of other songs in that album. But if I go to Music Search on the honda interface its just blank... I can't see any other albums or artists, etc. Again not sure if that's new to this iOS version or not because I couldn't tell you the last time I tried to do that.

As for the disconnects/reconnects I still haven't had that happen again since installing 11.2 Public Beta 3 last week.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I think it’s 11 but with 11 & iPhone 8 Plus my Bluetooth has been atrocious. Connections don’t hold. I can hear clipping in AirPods (Apple Music & Podcasts).

Also, I have had people tell me I sound horrible over my car’s Bluetooth on calls. Never was an issue before. I deleted all profiles and Reset Network Settings and it resolved but seems to be coming back. Was told last night it sounded really bad & there was an echo.

Wife has new X we will test soon but complaints of the audio quality came from several people. Of course Apple tests my iPhone 8 and it’s perfect to them.

itsgoofy

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
I downloaded 11.1.2. The good news... playing music from iPhone via BMW (2011 5 series) carkit works again. In previous version the playlist loaded but the play function did not work anymore. THE BAD NEWS. The mobile phone connection is still endlessly disconnects / connects and 'transferring data'. When I set up call the mobile connection keeps up.

jameslsmith2k

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2017
Same issue. Contacts with photos do not appear on my Bluetooth phone list in the car.

I can delete the photos on contacts and they appear on the phone list.

Is there anyway I can have both? It doesn’t seem too much to ask!

Alvarar

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2017
Miami Beach
[doublepost=1512010601][/doublepost]Hello, I have a 2017 JCW and new iPhone X. Having same,exact issue as you are. Have called Apple Support and gone to my local Mini dealer, no solution yet!

Phil S.

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2017
Skokie, IL
I have a 2013 Honda Accord and an iPhone 6S on ios 11.2.5 beta. Main issue is the contacts names. After going to ios 11 the names would load, after pairing, then disappear. I tried the suggestion of deleting all of the contact photos and to my surprise my contact names now load. Extremely important to delete all photos. Some that I deleted were still appearing because of Google Circles. After clearing them, everything works great! Apple Genius bar has no clue about this. Shame.

Last edited:

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
My husband and I both have 6S Plus phones now running iOS 11.1. Only my iPhone seems to be affected. It started as soon as I upgraded to iOS 11. Had my BMW for 3 years and 3 iPhone models... 4S, 5S, and 6S Plus. All have integrated perfectly. Typically my husband's and my phone both are paired and connected at the same time when we are both in the car. Whoever gets an incoming call, the car's bluetooth picks up. Since iOS 11 my phone seems to keep losing it's connection. When it happens the only way to reconnect is to remove the device from the car... forget the device on the iPhone and re-pair the connection. I was hoping 11.1 would fix it but I have experienced no change. Nothing is wrong with my iPhone, I know it's the iOS. How much longer until they fix this? I'm not used to Apple issues... this is wearing me out.
An update to my earlier post: I have since updated to iOS 11.1.2 and no change in my Bluetooth issues. I decided to do a reset on my iPhone 6s Plus. Apple support said that if you take a big update like iOS 11 over wifi and not connected to your laptop the iOS could get corrupted due to packet loss. After starting fresh a few days ago, I thought I had resolved the issue. But, today on the way home I noticed my Bluetooth had dropped in my car... dang it. So back to square one.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
Also, I have had people tell me I sound horrible over my car’s Bluetooth on calls. Never was an issue before. I deleted all profiles and Reset Network Settings and it resolved but seems to be coming back. Was told last night it sounded really bad & there was an echo.

What kind of car? My X does this in my Lexus but I've been told it sounds fine in my wife's car and airpod.

pixelm

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2017
IOS 11 on iphone X -- entertainment system on BMW X5 just keeps rebooting every 5 minutes or so. The boots lose all stored information (prior destinations, home address, etc).

I had a problem with iphone X and with customer support did a clean install about a week ago.

On current version.

Pretty major issue

QquegChristian

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Just updated X to 11.2. Bluetooth played in car for 3 minutes, disconnected and now it says it is reconnected but acts like it isn’t. Never had problems before.

Super damn frustrating as I am on a damn road trip right NOW. No music, no directions over the speakers for my wife (she is driving as I type this).

I’d have a real SIMPLE workaround of plugging into the aux port... if I had a headphone jack on my damn phone. Stopped carrying around the adapter when I switched to AirPods. I got so excited when I found an aux cable in the glove compartment.

Stupid date bug scared me into updating quickly to 11.2 just in case. What the heck is going on with iOS?

MajikMarker

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2017
North of Seattle
Sorry to hear the 11.2 has messed up some new folks but I 'think' it fixed my BT issues with my Subaru Outback 2017.

Constant 'cycling'/disconnecting was driving me crazy as my car system worked perfectly until iOS11. Even had Subaru replace my head unit in an effort to fix the problem. Since 11.2, while I have only been out for a couple short drives, I did not have any disconnects. Before, I would have had multiple disconnects every minute or so.

Fingers crossed that this has solved the issue!

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Sorry to hear the 11.2 has messed up some new folks but I 'think' it fixed my BT issues with my Subaru Outback 2017.

Constant 'cycling'/disconnecting was driving me crazy as my car system worked perfectly until iOS11. Even had Subaru replace my head unit in an effort to fix the problem. Since 11.2, while I have only been out for a couple short drives, I did not have any disconnects. Before, I would have had multiple disconnects every minute or so.

Fingers crossed that this has solved the issue!
I think Apple updated the BT stack in 11.2, mine has been working flawlessly on 11.2 with all the public betas up until the final public release the other day, on 11.1.1 and prior my BT was totally borked.

So happy to no longer have the constant disconnects and reconnects ever 60-90 seconds.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
11.1.1 here. I have been recently experiencing issues with my car as well, a 2012 Infiniti G37x. Just random disconnects while playing podcasts in my car, but it happens whenever I also have navigation going. I use Google Maps. I was blaming the most recent Google Maps update since I didn’t see any complaints in general, but then again, I believe I updated to 11.1.1 at the same time.

I’m waiting to update to 11.2 because of reports of 8 Plus camera autofocus issues after that update. iOS 11 is a mess. Get your software development together Apple.

mloiterman

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
I think Apple updated the BT stack in 11.2, mine has been working flawlessly on 11.2 with all the public betas up until the final public release the other day, on 11.1.1 and prior my BT was totally borked.

So happy to no longer have the constant disconnects and reconnects ever 60-90 seconds.

This is definitely not fixed on 11.2. Constent disconnections. Over and over and over and over again. Disconnections, audio playing at the wrong speed. So. Frustrating.

I’ve been an Apple user since 1980. This has to be one of the most frustrating problems I’ve ever seen.

QquegChristian

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
This is definitely not fixed on 11.2. Constent disconnections. Over and over and over and over again. Disconnections, audio playing at the wrong speed. So. Frustrating.

I’ve been an Apple user since 1980. This has to be one of the most frustrating problems I’ve ever seen.

Ohhh... now that you say that, I HAVE had audio play at the wrong speed since I got my X. I blamed the app (an audiobook app) as those have speed controls, but as soon as I got out of the car it was back to normal. Thought 11.2 was the first Bluetooth problems I’ve had, but had speed thing before.

Also, I get weird blips in my AirPods where they seem to lose sync from each other for a split second. That happens all the time. No amount of re-pairing helps. AirPods were my favorite Apple product in years when I bought them a few months ago for my iPhone 7. Now that I have the X, they’re as buggy as any other wireless headphone. I would’ve returned them had they worked like this the first month. I’d appreciate if Apple would stop breaking my stuff via updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.