Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
I would say beta 2 is very likely this coming week in my (totally subjective) opinion. And depending on the day of the week that beta 2 drops, perhaps the public beta too.

I reckon it will drop Monday or Tuesday next week and I would be very surprised if anything drops today.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I just hope that we get the Siri Shortcuts app with beta 2 and that the gps/phone issues are resolved. That said, i am guessing we see it Tuesday, June 19.

Reactions: Daremo

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
I'm just hoping to try 12 period.. Beta 1 really disliked my X.. nothing was working..(voicemail, iMessage, Facetime and so on) So I'm rooting for beta 2 next week !!!

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
i hope GPS issues are fixed with beta 2 :) but apart from that beta 1 is still running well, could this be a 3 week cycle or 2 weeks from past releases?

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
Quick question....so hypothetically if someone was running dev profile for iOS 12 Beta and then they wanted to switch to Public Beta for whatever reason is it as simple as removing profile downloading PB profile and power cycling device then OTA through Public Beta channel starts coming or will an entire device need to be restored in order to have it functioning as if no changes were made...?

jhall8

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2017
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Quick question....so hypothetically if someone was running dev profile for iOS 12 Beta and then they wanted to switch to Public Beta for whatever reason is it as simple as removing profile downloading PB profile and power cycling device then OTA through Public Beta channel starts coming or will an entire device need to be restored in order to have it functioning as if no changes were made...?
No restore is needed. Public beta 1 should be the same version as dev beta 2. So moving from dev beta 1 to dev beta 2 or dev beta 1 to public beta 1 would have the same results.

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
No restore is needed. Public beta 1 should be the same version as dev beta 2. So moving from dev beta 1 to dev beta 2 or dev beta 1 to public beta 1 would have the same results.

Cool so its just a change out of profile no need to wipe and restore or erase correct?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

So...hypothetically, of course...why would one do this?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
So...hypothetically, of course...why would one do this?

"Safer" beta updates?

I dropped my developer status and went to public betas when they started offering them for this reason.

...and now just waiting for the hundreds of posts in this thread over the next few days with folks stating when they think the next beta will drop...hah (oh...and my prediction is this Wednesday for b2 with the public beta later the same day).

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
"Safer" beta updates?

I dropped my developer status and went to public betas when they started offering them for this reason.

...and now just waiting for the hundreds of posts in this thread over the next few days with folks stating when they think the next beta will drop...hah (oh...and my prediction is this Wednesday for b2 with the public beta later the same day).

The hundreds of posts will appear in the speculation thread. If they show up here, they get moderated.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
"Safer" beta updates?

I can assure you right now that PB will not drop the same as DP. They give it at least 24-48 hours to make sure there are no catastrophic bugs. If DP2 drops Wednesday, PB will be Friday or the following Monday like last year.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I can assure you right now that PB will not drop the same as DP. They give it at least 24-48 hours to make sure there are no catastrophic bugs. If DP2 drops Wednesday, PB will be Friday or the following Monday like last year.

That’s typically only been true for the first update...but just feeling it will be different this year....I’m “speculating”.... ;)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
That’s typically only been true for the first update...but just feeling it will be different this year....I’m “speculating”.... ;)

And this is the place to do that!

For the first beta, as smooth as it’s been, still has some significant issues. I think Apple will still wait a day or 2. It’s one thing for yours or my GPS to not work well or for me to have reboot my phone to make a phone call. It will be chaos if this happens to a wide audience.

Reactions: jhall8

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No, you can check every single PB of X.0 releases. The first PB never drops the same day as the DP. Its way too risky.

Reactions: Dwalls90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.