Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giornall

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2019
United States Latham
I actually have an issue, when I don't get email notifications at all unless I open the app, then all new emails appear. It's pretty frustrating cause I do have notifications turned on for my email...

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
13.2 - the mail badge now updates with counts in the background, but still no push notification. Even deleted the accounts and added them back in, and re-enabled notifications. Sigh.

EDIT: Notifications just started flowing again. Let’s see if this is temporary or whether it’s finally going to stick.

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Not working here. I'll delete the MDM profile later today and reinstall, then restart. Would be nice if it worked, and kept working...fingers crossed.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Agreed, my Mail app with work fine and then stop working. Using iCloud mail account only. I have an OUtlook account as well using the Outlook app but not sure that is working either.

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
One of my accounts stopped working again. Interestingly the badge is updating now at least, but still utterly useless if I am not getting consistent mail noitifications.

tarheelfan_1977

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2019
ÜT: 41.921678,-83.394387
I support our Exchange environment at my company and ever since iOS 13 started deploying we have seen some odd issues .... We are Office 365 Exchange and have the majority of our users on iPhones.

Today I was called upstairs because there was an email my CEO was deleting that would not disappear from his InBox on his iPad but it was gone from Exchange.

Any ideas?

I honestly feel Apple and Exchange just do not want to play nice.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Mail is a complete buggy mess right now. Both my Exchange work iPhone X and personal XS running 13.1.3 are having major issues like no push notification, deleting/reappearing mail, no sent whoosh sound (yeah I know but it’s reassuring!) and multiple app crashes daily.

This is obviously a major issue within iOS yet Apple don’t seem to be all over it given it’s been going on a while now. Unacceptable really.

Reactions: thewhitehart

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Today I chatted with Apple Care and tried signing out of iCloud and then re signing in which seems to have cleared things up with Mail at least for the time being. Getting mail and notifications as I should.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Today I chatted with Apple Care and tried signing out of iCloud and then re signing in which seems to have cleared things up with Mail at least for the time being. Getting mail and notifications as I should.

For what sort of account? Signing out of iCloud shouldn't affect how Mail affects Exchange accounts? (Nevertheless, will give that a shot - easy to do.)

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
For what sort of account? Signing out of iCloud shouldn't affect how Mail affects Exchange accounts? (Nevertheless, will give that a shot - easy to do.)
It's iCloud mail. After a while however I quit receiving my notifications. I'm thinking it has something to do with battery management and shutting down or putting the apps to sleep. As soon as I manually update my email (wake it up) it works again for a while. Hopefully 13.3 cures this problem.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
That makes sense (that signing out of iCloud could help with iCloud email, at least temporarily). It also makes sense that it didn't help with my Exchange mail problems. But hey, I'll try anything at this point...

Reactions: EdwardC

dflick

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2006
Astoria, NY
When 13.2 came out, I updated and held my breath. Exchange emails were coming in and notifications were working! Now within the last 4 days it’s all come to a screeching halt. The most I’m getting is a badge alert number but no actual notification on device or watch. Restarting phone helped for a day, but now that doesn’t even work.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Mail is a complete buggy mess right now. Both my Exchange work iPhone X and personal XS running 13.1.3 are having major issues like no push notification, deleting/reappearing mail, no sent whoosh sound (yeah I know but it’s reassuring!) and multiple app crashes daily.

This is obviously a major issue within iOS yet Apple don’t seem to be all over it given it’s been going on a while now. Unacceptable really.
Well just 24 hrs later and I swear it's getting worse. And by that I mean the "multiple app crashes" every other time I have to force a manual push/pull update just to see my inbound emails on both my iPhone X/XS. Tried all the usual "fixes" to no avail. Beyond infuriating. It's like working with a decade old PC running Windows Vista!

FFS Apple, sort this out :mad:

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Just switched my iCloud account over to the Outlook application. I'll see how it handles things vs. Apple Mail.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
I uninstalled the Mail app, re installed and re set the notifications 4 hours ago and as of now things have been working as they should. I have the Outlook app running as well and it is also running perfectly. Possibly that might help some of you to uninstall and then re install. If not the Outlook app seems to be very good.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
I uninstalled the Mail app, re installed and re set the notifications 4 hours ago and as of now things have been working as they should. I have the Outlook app running as well and it is also running perfectly. Possibly that might help some of you to uninstall and then re install. If not the Outlook app seems to be very good.
Update to this......I give up, I'm going to use Outlook and hope iOS 13.3 solves the issue.

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2016
To be honest, I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread. But I had noticed that when I updated my iPhone 8 to 13.x, the native email app would notify me by sound and badge that there were new emails. When I would open the app, the emails were not there. I had to swipe down and refresh the app in order for the emails to populate my iphone. I am using 2 gmail accounts synchronized with the native Apple app. I submitted a bug report to Apple. I have not updated to 13.2 yet because I have read feedback about this update, which basically describes 13.2 as "a dumpster fire". I'm at 13.1.2 right now. This problem started with 13. Super annoying.

Reactions: tspear8183

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
Is anyone else having this:

I allowed notifications for mail and enabled banners with sound. So now when I am using the phone and email arrives, i see the banner on top, when I press, it takes me to the mail but mail freezes for 4-5 secs and then becomes normal. It happens all the time and on every single time.

It started with 13.2 update - pressing on the banners freezes the mail.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
A new lowmark on both iPhone and iPad. Tried sending a mail but got error, mail can’t be sent at this time. No mail in Out mailbox or draft or nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.